X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • High Life Man
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

I Want This Asshole To Burn In Hell!

How 'bout a little Flappo justice for this cock?

name: Rene L Gonzalez
    department: Campus Activities
    mail: rene@student.umass.edu
    phone: (413) 253-9639
    class level: Doctoral
    major: Political Science

Thursday, April 29, 2004
    UMass grad student: Tillman's not a hero

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ESPN.com news services

AMHERST, Mass. -- A University of Massachusetts student has openly criticized Pat Tillman, calling the former NFL player a Rambo-like idiot in the school paper.

The column in question was submitted by graduate student Rene Gonzalez and published Wednesday in the Daily Collegian. It was titled "Pat Tillman is not a hero: he got what was coming to him."

Gonzalez writes that Tillman was a "Rambo" who probably acted out of "nationalist patriotic fantasies." In his own neighborhood in Puerto Rico, according to Gonzalez, Tillman would not have been considered a hero, but a "pendejo," or idiot.

The column drew harsh criticism from many on campus. University president Jack Wilson says the op-ed piece was "disgusting, arrogant and intellectually immature."

Tillman, who gave up his NFL career to join the Army Rangers in 2002, was killed in combat one week ago in Afghanistan. The military announced on Wednesday that he has been posthumously promoted to the rank of corporal and awarded the Purple Heart and Meritorious Service Medal.

"You know he was a real Rambo, who wanted to be in the 'real' thick of things," Gonzalez writes in his column, which is posted on the collegiate paper's Web site. "I could tell he was that type of macho guy, from his scowling, beefy face on the CNN pictures. Well, he got his wish. Even Rambo got shot in the third movie, but in real life, you die as a result of being shot. They should call Pat Tillman's army life 'Rambo 4: Rambo Attempts to Strike Back at His Former Rambo 3 Taliban Friends, and Gets Killed.'"

Gonzalez also says that Tillman's service was not "necessary."

"It wasn't like he was defending the East coast from an invasion of a foreign power. THAT would have been heroic and laudable," Gonzalez writes. "What he did was make himself useful to a foreign invading army, and he paid for it. It's hard to say I have any sympathy for his death because I don't feel like his 'service' was necessary. He wasn't defending me, nor was he defending the Afghani people. He was acting out his macho, patriotic crap and I guess someone with a bigger gun did him in."

In a letter to its readers Thursday, the Daily Collegian says Gonzalez' opinion in no way reflects that of the newspaper's editorial board. A column by one of the editors praising Tillman's sacrifice ran in the paper next to the one by Gonzalez.

"We do not hold back from printing news stories, columns or editorials that may upset our readership -- instead, we seek to both inform and stir debate through our publication," the letter, also posted on the Web site, reads. "Our decision to publish Gonzalez's column -- an opinion piece written by a member of our campus community -- is the only way for us to live up to this ideal."

Tillman will be eulogized at a public memorial service in his hometown of San Jose, Calif., early next week, and funeral arrangements are pending.

The body of Tillman arrived at Dover Air Force Base in Delaware on Monday. His brother, Spc. Kevin Tillman, also a Ranger with the 2nd Battalion of the 75th Ranger Regiment, was expected to accompany the body to the funeral home, Lawrence said.

Tillman was killed in a firefight on a road near Sperah, about 25 miles southwest of a U.S. base at Khost.

After coming under fire, Tillman's patrol got out of their vehicles and gave chase, moving toward the spot of the ambush. Beevers said the fighting was "sustained" and lasted 15-20 minutes.

The Cardinals said they will retire Tillman's No. 40 and name the plaza surrounding the new stadium under construction in suburban Glendale the "Pat Tillman Freedom Plaza."

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
  • Mr Grimsdale
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Rene L Gonzalez - knob end
    ...and he's wasting his time on some Mickey Mouse subject like Political Science.
    Originally posted by flappo
    i'm sure grimsdale's on drugs

Originally posted by Cato
    translating your Japanese.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• Dr. Love
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Ph.D - Piled Higher and Deeper.

It's my experience that most Ph.Ds are full of shit and love nothing more than to hear themselves talk.

They are legends in their own minds.
      I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Thanks.

"Master Cato is...I order, it's yours. don't ask me to do gay material for the life of me because you kick my bat."

omae baka dana?

Comment

• High Life Man
          Commando
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love

It's my experience that most Ph.Ds are full of shit and love nothing more than to hear themselves talk.

Except, it seems, Mr. Grims. But he's probably got a PhD in Nuclear Science or auto-repair or something important like that.

Comment

• Ally_Kat
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Jan 2004

I remember reading in another thread here whre it was said these comments weren't common.

They might not be, but this is the third one of this type about this guy that I have read.

Professors and some of the left-leaning politcally active students at school say that Iraq is turning into Vietnam again. The only part of that comparison that I agree with is tha I think our boys and gals will slowly start being treated and reguarded to as our boys were when they got home from that war. I fear a very strong anger at those that served brewing.
            Roth Army Militia

Comment

• High Life Man
              Commando
              • Jan 2004

Ally,

Anyone who thinks this is "turning into another Vietnam" obviously knows nothing about Vietnam. It's not even a close comparison.

I have to disagree with you on your second point - the troops will be treated with respect. Unfortunately, the only people the press covers are those who scream loudest. I know that a majority of people don't think about Tillman the way this asshole - nor do I think a majority of the people think that we are in the wrong over in Iraq.

Interesting note, war was not officially declared over in Japan until 1952. That's 7 years after we stopped fighting. We will be in Iraq for a long time, but we will succeed in what we set out to do. Assholes like Rene expect immediate results. Believe me, Iran and Syria want nothing less than a stable federalist government in their own backyard.

Comment

• Jesus Christ
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

I will decide who burns in Hell. But that does not mean I agree with the comments. For it is not the soldier that beareth the responsibility for the lies of Caesar. Only the results of those lies, unfortunately

Comment

• Dr. Love
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

I should qualify that I've never met any type of Ph.D except American ones.

The British might be different, who knows, but the American ones are pretty bad at times.
                  I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Roy Munson
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

Here is the fuckwad's homepage...

Photo of the "Fuckwad"

Rene "Fuckwad" Gonzalez

Send him a couple of emails to let him know what you think of his editorial. I did.

Roy
                    Originally posted by ELVIS
                    I guess you're right...

Comment

• Ally_Kat
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

dude, he needs to get a webpage without those ads.
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Mr Grimsdale
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by High Life Man
                        Interesting note, war was not officially declared over in Japan until 1952. That's 7 years after we stopped fighting. We will be in Iraq for a long time, but we will succeed in what we set out to do.
                        Seriously? I thought that was just the San Francisco Peace Treaty which ended the mission of the Allied Council for Japan.

If so what was the signing of the official surrender on the deck of the USS Missouri on 2nd September 1945 all about?

I was thinking about this last week and thought that perhaps one of the reasons things are proving a little troublesome in Iraq is because there was no official surrender ceremony. Then again the population is so fragmented they probably wouldn't have paid much attention and unlike Japan and Germany Iraq was not subjected to sustained heavy bombing.

One of the reasons the Middle East and much of Africa is so unstable is because the borders are a relic of past empires: British, French, Dutch, German etc. All the ethnic and religious groups have been forced together and were only held together by strong leadership, either the likes of Saddam or their earlier imperial rulers.

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                        I should qualify that I've never met any type of Ph.D except American ones.

The British might be different, who knows, but the American ones are pretty bad at times.
                        Oh, we've got some twats over here too. Me? I'm just fookin' wonderful.

Without your US PhD guys n'gals you wouldn't have much of a space programme and your military would be minus most of its toys.

Originally posted by High Life Man
                        Except, it seems, Mr. Grims. But he's probably got a PhD in Nuclear Science or auto-repair or something important like that.
                        Close. It was actually The Response Of Female Kids TV Presenters Under Conditions Of Obscene Oral Excitement. I spent hours collecting the data and formulating my theories. My Professor said it was one of the most disgusting theses he'd ever had the chance to read. I took that as a compliment.

omae baka dana?

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

Dude, you rock!

The PHDs that they're talking about are PHDs in BA type of programs (or programmes if you prefer). You know, Poly Sci, English, Psychology, Middle Eastern sexual patterns, etc...

I don't think anyone here has an ounce of disrespect for PHDs in medicine or science. And you're damn right, our technology owes alot to hard-science PHDs. But you can't discredit the Engineers either...

The wonderful thing about our country is that if you have a great idea, ambition, work ethic, and a bit of luck, no PHD is necessary to change the world (and make millions in the process).

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Roy Munson
                            Send him a couple of emails to let him know what you think of his editorial. I did.

Roy
                            How about sending the spics homepage to hell in a handbasket?

Happy now?

Comment

• Roy Munson
                              Veteran
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                              How about sending the spics homepage to hell in a handbasket?

Happy now?

Holy shit you're a fuckin' weirdo.

How about you shove a pipe cleaner up your ass? How about jumping in front of a bus? How about drinking a bottle of Drano? Do something productive.
                              Originally posted by ELVIS
                              I guess you're right...

Comment

Working...