X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Eddie tearing it up in Toronto.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!
  • col5150
    Head Fluffer
    • Feb 2004

i still maintain Eddie was better that hed been in years whilst playing with cherone. The material may have have been weak but his playing was great as if he was trying to prove something.

sorry to have a 'whos goin bald or wearing what' moment but Evh looks younger now that he did in 1998 nine years later hmmm facelift eh

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

I saw a show on the Van Cherone tour and Eddie really was sober and frankly played the best I had ever seen him play. They did lots of classic VH songs that were never played during the Sammy years like I'm the One and Someone Get Me a Doctor. Ed was happy, sober, and out to play the fuck out of everything. Too bad Roth wasn't the singer because the rest of the band were in top form.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Remember watching that 1998 MTV Down Under show and thinking the same thing; the band sounded great and it was great to hear all those old classics which had been neglected for years by Van Hagar, and the downside was that it should have been Roth there singing them.

I mean, there's always gonna be sheep apologists who will say the band wouldn't have sounded good live with Dave in 1996 just because Eddie and Al said so, but my gut tells me they would have put on some great shows.

Ten years ago CVH could have been tearing it up on a reunion tour. Now, the idea of them reuniting is more like a joke with no punchline.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• charles1328
          Roth Army Recruit
          • Aug 2005

i actually liked alot of the cherone material, it may not have sold much but i thought it was a step in the right direction. as some said earlier, i also thought the band live was unreal with gary.

Comment

• KING OF THE HIL
            Groupie
            • Mar 2004

thats the fastest Ive seen him play his solo
            THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO PUT ICE TEA IN JACK DANIELS BOTTLES IS THE CLASH BABY

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

This is WAY better, and Ed was truly sober...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lMjVBaruiT0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lMjVBaruiT0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

It's a joke to think Edward was sober on the Ga y tour...

Comment

• Rikk
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

I actually agree that the playing was good on that tour. I also agree that the material was a step in the right direction. I just didn't like the lyrics or frontman...but the guitar playing was excellent.
                Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                  It's a joke to think Edward was sober on the Ga y tour...

it's a joke to think edward was sober on ANY tour...
                  Roth Army Icon
                  First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Binky
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Jan 2007

Lol today I spoke with someone who met Ed and his uncle was lighting for Van Halen set a few years back and he said Eddie was an arsehole. He was demanding so many things and was barely there anyway! It's funny really. *^_^* lml

Comment

• Redballjets88
                      Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

i wish that he would throw something other than tapping in though, to disprove the people that say he is a one trick pony, like some sweep or other picking styles, just for solos, bc i dont know how a sweep pick would fit into a van halen song, but yeah
                      R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• TVGUY
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Feb 2007

Still holding out hope for the future.. Ed sounds great when he's off the sauce.
                        Three time witness to the comeback of the MIGHTY VAN HALEN. And then they faded back into obscurity.

Comment

• Red White
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • May 2007

Where's Dave?

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                            Veteran
                            • Jul 2004

ive seen some videos of him in 98 and i have to agree that his playing was pretty damn good

Comment

• stringfelowhawk
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Mar 2004

As a member of this site before and after its hiatus who only posts when something truly peaks my interest and not to pad my post count I can not remember ever commenting on the Cherone era and since this thead caught my attention I'd just like to add my two pennies.

Never cared for the second or third incarnation. My first exposure to VHIII was because I went to see "Lethal Weapon 4" and heard that guitar tone when "Fire In The Hole" started up. I knew instantly it was Ed. IMHO it sounded a hellova lot like "CGTSNM" and "MWM". I've never bought the album but I've heard it. I think if it were an instrumental album without lyrics and a singer it would have been in my collection. The actual music is pretty freakin good but is ruined by the 4th instrument that would have been better left in the closet. Pun very much intended.
                              Visit my online store http://www.tripleclicks.com/12395755 or get your own http://www.sfi4.com/12395755/FREE

Comment

Working...