Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MERRYKISSMASS2U
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

It's so much better when you embed the video...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kb1wuBFfALs"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kb1wuBFfALs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• jero
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jan 2004

Sober or not, that is stellar playing!

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by KING OF THE HIL
        thats the fastest Ive seen him play his solo
        He's showing he can burn like Yngwie if he wants to. Ed plays faster and tighter when he's sober. I think his loose feel he's known for and famouse for actually comes from the booze. I'm seriouse. LOL!
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Binky
          Lol today I spoke with someone who met Ed and his uncle was lighting for Van Halen set a few years back and he said Eddie was an arsehole. He was demanding so many things and was barely there anyway! It's funny really. *^_^* lml
          I've heard the same thing from another source. A lot of it I'm sure is a guy who's wasted, he's got an ego, and he doesn't remember what's been done for him.

The guy I hear is great to work for is Niel Piert of Rush. They had to change drum techs and the new one had to figure out Niel's complicated drum kit with no help or instructions. He hoped he had it right and Niel just said, you got it close enough a few things were different but I figured them out. You're talking one of the best rock drummers ever a guy who could be a real premaddona and he just goes, close enough is good enough and you're talking about a zillion pieces of drum equipment. I thought that was cool.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Binky
            Head Fluffer
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Nitro Express
            I've heard the same thing from another source. A lot of it I'm sure is a guy who's wasted, he's got an ego, and he doesn't remember what's been done for him.

The guy I hear is great to work for is Niel Piert of Rush. They had to change drum techs and the new one had to figure out Niel's complicated drum kit with no help or instructions. He hoped he had it right and Niel just said, you got it close enough a few things were different but I figured them out. You're talking one of the best rock drummers ever a guy who could be a real premaddona and he just goes, close enough is good enough and you're talking about a zillion pieces of drum equipment. I thought that was cool.
            Sweet man. The full story was I was talking to some dudes from a company called Universal Stars in the uni bar, because they were setting up the drapes for the End of Year ball today (which is why I'm up late because I will be working at the bar for it 19:30 - 5am but it's £80+ ($160.... shit, you dudes have a shit economy ATM!!!) so I need sleep), and the dude I was talking to does concerts sometimes. He was invited to that festival and it was hilarious. Fucking hobo, Ed is. *^_^* lml Hm, why is Shoo Bop making me tingly? Lol!

Comment

• ppg960
              Sniper
              • Dec 2005

Great Playing-Period.
              From what I've read, Ed was sober in the late 90's.

Comment

Working...