• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PHOENIX
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

GnR - Behind The Music

GUNS N' ROSES: VH1 Documentary To Air In June

VH1 is reportedly working on a "Behind the Music"-style documentary covering the early days of GUNS N' ROSES. Among the people that are set to contribute to the project are original members Slash, Duff McKagan and Steven Adler, plus Tom Zutaut (former A&R executive at Geffen Records), Josh Richman (video director), Teddy Andreadis (keyboard player), Dave Navarro (JANE'S ADDICTION, ex-RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), Warren De Martini (ex-RATT), Gilby Clark (ex-GUNS N' ROSES) and Mike Clink (GNR producer). The documentary is scheduled to air first week in June, followed a week later by "The Making of Velvet Revolver", a behind-the-scenes look at how Slash and Duff's new band, VELVET REVOLVER, got constructed, from the songwriting process to the singer search and studio sessions. More information will be made available soon.
  • Mr Badguy
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Another article where GnR are very much in the past tense.

How long before the reunion?
    sigpic

Sitting on a park bench!

Comment

• cwsmith17
      Sniper
      • Apr 2004

Axl's voice is shot.

Comment

• Wayne L.

Guns-N-Roses are all about their one great classic rock album Appetite For Destruction like most 80's rock bands no matter if their other ones were popular but not as great.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Just saw this on VH1....

Very interesting, although not surprising.... Ego, in this case Axl's, broke up a potentially supergroup....

One tidbit I didn't realize was that Slash was basically dead and had to be given adrenaline shots to revive him, just like Nikki Sixx....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Snoo

They said Chinese Democracy is slated for release in November. Hopefully they had a better source for that than the internet.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Well...I'll certainly watch this...

talk about a case in which a potentially band of the ages...goes down in flames...

Appetite was a classic...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

I've been hearing about when "Chinese Democracy" is supposed to come out for years. At this point, I'd rather listen to Velvet Revolver(although I'm not a big fan of Scott Weiland). Nothing new really revealed on the show, though i agree, I never knew about the Slash adrenaline story.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Fuck Chinese Democracy...

who's their new guitarist by the way...now that fucking idiot buckethead quit...
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Panamark
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

There is no new guitarist as of yet. (Last time I heard)
                    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Golden AWe
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Of the supposed "chinese democracy"-song, I do like "The Blues" even though Axl's voice is shot. He does write good piano ballads but doesn't have the sense of humour like Elton John back in the 70's...both are, however, equally gay
                      Originally posted by Cato
                      Golden, why are you FAT?
                      Originally posted by lesfunk
                      Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                      http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

Behind the music? What fucking music? Maybe 5 songs are worth mentioning. The rest of this band's history will be marked by Slash's outrageous, and rediculous look, forgettable bandmates and Axl's drinking and abuse problems. This isn't a band. They were a joke.
                        Velvet Revolver has already turned more heads and made more of a credibility stand with the media than GnR ever did.
                        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

What VH1 needs to do is a special on the "Mighty" Van Halen. A well documented behind the scenes with accuracy. If only Edward and Alex would loosen up their ass cheeks and let someone other than Sammy in their quality air and space we might actually get to see this someday. I want those demos of theirs released too. Fucking stupid Edward pride.
                          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                            What VH1 needs to do is a special on the "Mighty" Van Halen. A well documented behind the scenes with accuracy. If only Edward and Alex would loosen up their ass cheeks and let someone other than Sammy in their quality air and space we might actually get to see this someday. I want those demos of theirs released too. Fucking stupid Edward pride.
                            I don't think there's ANY chance that they'll ever allow that to happen, unfortunately....

As for demos, just give me Oakland '81, and I'm a happy guy....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Big Troubles
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Feb 2004

Oakland and Brazil for sure. But I know theres more, alot more recordings with the original VH "out there" that Id really like to hear.

Comment

Working...