GnR - Behind The Music

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lucky wilbury

Watch unscripted series like To Catch a Beautician and The Surreal Life, featuring Tamar Braxton, Dennis Rodman, Stormy Daniels, CJ Perry, Kim Coles and more big names in pop culture.

07/05/04
    10:00 pm ET VH1 Behind The Music Guns N' Roses Info
    07/06/04
    12:00 am ET VH1 Behind The Music Guns N' Roses Info
    07/06/04
    11:00 am ET VH1 Behind The Music Guns N' Roses Info

Comment

• tobinentinc
      Head Fluffer
      • Apr 2004

Caught the end, nothing suprising, all Axel's ego like we have known all too well.
      http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...hics/sines.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...m/kissarmy.jpg http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...ve/vhlogo1.gif

Comment

• thefive

I trip out on this type of shit. You got a band that is making millions of dollars. The sky is the limit and they are self destructive. Drinking and drugs get in the way. You destroy what you wanted to build for so long. Your dream.

I cannot believe that Slash and the rest of the band members signed over the guns n roses name to axl. I would have never did it if I were in their shoes.

Axl was a dictator and thats why it never worked out. I think I heard one time he was manic depressive.

So many people would have killed to be in their shoes. And I think a lot of people would have took the Guns and Roses thing to the top if they were in Guns n roses shoes.

That is why I liked Dave and Van Halen. They did not get into trouble with the law. They knew how to party and stay out of trouble. Motley Crue partied so hard and got into some big trouble. Guns and roses did the same as motley crue maybe not as bad.

Comment

• thefive

The frontman for velvet revolver what band was he from before he joined?

thanks

Comment

• Rebel
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by thefive
            The frontman for velvet revolver what band was he from before he joined?

thanks
            Stone Temple Pilots
            The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• Golden AWe
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

The Pilots managed to keep their shit together for a suprisingly long time...the DeLeo brothers must be tough guys mentally.
              Originally posted by Cato
              Golden, why are you FAT?
              Originally posted by lesfunk
              Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
              http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• thefive

Originally posted by Rebel
                Stone Temple Pilots
                Thanks for answering my question rebel

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by thefive
                  That is why I liked Dave and Van Halen. They did not get into trouble with the law. They knew how to party and stay out of trouble.
                  that, or they had better lawyers and PR people who could cover shit up.

i remember Ed saying he got a DUI on his motorcycle...
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                    ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

I loved GNR. Appetite and the Illusions were amazing..........When that band was on, they were amazing........could've gone down as one of the greats, if not for Axl. Show up on time for the gig motherfucker..........

Comment

• thefive

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                      I Show up on time for the gig motherfucker..........
                      Exactly show up on time.

Hey Bill what about that song 1 in a million. Is it a racist song? Axl I got the impression he was down playing it in that interview when asked why he used the N word

Comment

• VanJay011379
                        Roadie
                        • Jan 2004

I loved GNR. Appetite and the Illusions were amazing..........When that band was on, they were amazing........could've gone down as one of the greats, if not for Axl. Show up on time for the gig motherfucker..........
                        I agree.

Love or hate em, UYI 1 and 2 were two of the most perfect albums ever.

I saw the 2002 Chinese Democracy tour in Pittsburgh. He came on stage at 11 PM. Most bands are usually done at this time. Shit, my girlfriend went with me and she works at a hospital. She was up at 4 AM that day and was pissed. I was getting nervous for a potential riot as the crowd was getting restless. People were crowd surfing and shit with no music.

The show was nothing short of incredible though.

Two things:

1) Axl's voice is probably better and cleaner now than before.
                        2) Buckethead can run circles around most guitarists.

Its a shame the 2002 thing didn't work out. Axl had a opportunity handed to him on a platter and dropped it. Most bands can't replace all (or about all) members and put on such a show but he did. Fucker blew it.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Seen them 3 times.

Late each time.

Drunkest band in history the first time.

2nd time, Slash was cool, came out in the crowd during Paradise City, outdoor venue, exchanged high 5's, killer show. Opened for Aerosmith.

Comment

• EmpyreLounge44
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Jun 2004

yeah Axl really did screw up and now he has more work to do since the others have moved on with a great Velvet Revolver disc. I had a buddy who went to one of the shows and said it was great, but same thing...on at 11. they had CKY open at like 8.30 and then a dj who spun records for an hour then an hour of nothing...what the fuck. thats why they did semi-riot in philly and now are without a guitarist again

Comment

• ZOSO
                              Groupie
                              • May 2004

Given how young I was at the time, I missed out on the whole thing. I knew of "You Could Be Mine" from T2, which has always been my favorite movie. Once I got a tad older, I got into them thanks to that song & my older cousin's influence. They've been one of my favorite bands(Right next to Zep & VH) for a long time now so I was definitely pleased w/ the show.
                              Aparently something else w/ Slash came on before or after the first airing of the special on VH1 but I never caught it. Any1 know of this?

Thank god for Velvet Revolver. They aren't GNR, but if it's got Slash I'm in. Dave doesn't have Izzy's songwriting ability, but overall he does a good job of getting Slash to play his best.

No good comments on the 2002 tour. The "Axl Rose Group" is nothing compared to the Gunners of old. Things are even worse now that Mr. KFC Fruitcake quit. I suppose Axl will try and rough it as a one man band? Well, if things don't work (and they haven't for well over 7 years now) I'm sure The Waboritas would love to have him.:p
                              Last edited by ZOSO; 07-07-2004, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                                ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by ALinChainz
                                Seen them 3 times.

Late each time.

Drunkest band in history the first time.

2nd time, Slash was cool, came out in the crowd during Paradise City, outdoor venue, exchanged high 5's, killer show. Opened for Aerosmith.

Saw them twice.........once with Skid Row opening(VERY LATE) Then on the Guns-Metallica tour(late again). I gotta say they were great both times though.

Comment

Working...