X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Classic Rock Radio

There is a long time classic rock station in San Diego. They play great stuff. Zep, Rush, Boston, Skynyrd, ZZ, VH, The Who, Stones, etc...

Here's the thing. They play Rush, but they won't play anything off of the new album because it's not considered "classic rock" because it's new. They play old Rush but not the new stuff from them. WTF?! Rush is considered a classic rock band. Once a band makes "classic rock" status, the station should play anything good from that band, regardless of when it was released.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”
  • Shaun Ponsonby
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Oct 2004

Try this station...its a digital station in the UK. Some good DJs as well (Rick Wakeman, Alice Cooper, Ian Anderson, Tony Iommi, Gary Moore have all done shows on there)

Listen live to your favourite music and presenters at Planet Rock. Keep up with the latest news and shows, enter competitions, and check out our playlists.

They're not scared to play stuff from new albums.
    Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

Fuck Classic Rock Radio.

I get so fucking tired of their lame, restrictive and repetitive fucking 'playlists'.

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Oct 2004

Seriously, that station is much less predictable.

They do play obscure stuff quite often. Obviously, they play the big hits as well, because they have to, but they don't really have a playlist. It seems as if the DJs are picking what they wanna play as they go along.
        Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• BigE
          Full On Cocktard
          • May 2004

I don't know about xm but sirius is great. In the last to days I heard Sinners wing, Hear about it later, So this is love. Those are the ones I can think of, in the past few weeks can remember hearing, Can't get this stuff no more and Me wise magic. I havent heard those since they were released. I read here that some people don't think satalite is worth the money. All I can say is that I have had mine for 2 1/2 years and I almost never turn on the television. I listen all day everyday. Its a lot less than going to Starbucks.

Comment

• LstLkly2Succeed
            Groupie
            • Jun 2007

I have to admit i have a soft spot for Q104.3, they do have a playlist but they'll play a few of the songs off of new albums. I just like them because without them I wouldn't have even heard half the musicians I listen to now. My parents aren't especially into classic rock and god knows my friends aren't so it was a nice way of getting introduced to the genre. I dunno about satellite radio b/c I don't have it, I'm sure it's good too though.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.

~Oscar Wilde

Comment

• jharp84
              Veteran
              • Mar 2004

"Classic Rock" radio stations(non-satellite) are all corporate whores who have strict playlists, treating the listeners as if they were "mindless" slaves wanting to hear only the "hits" time and again- JUST LIKE BANDS SET-LISTS EVERY FUCKING TIME THEY TOUR!! SAME SHIT OVER AGAIN, with 3 new tunes if lucky! NO CHANGE IN THE OLD TUNES! However a lot of fans out there are "MINDLESS SLAVES" who want to hear "You shook me all night long" etc., etc. etc over and over again FOREVER!

Comment

• jharp84
                Veteran
                • Mar 2004

"Classic Rock" radio stations(non-satellite) are all corporate whores who have strict playlists, treating the listeners as if they were "mindless" slaves wanting to hear only the "hits" time and again- JUST LIKE BANDS SET-LISTS EVERY FUCKING TIME THEY TOUR!! SAME SHIT OVER AGAIN, with 3 new tunes if lucky! NO CHANGE IN THE OLD TUNES! However a lot of fans out there are "MINDLESS SLAVES" who want to hear "You shook me all night long" etc., etc. etc over and over again FOREVER!

Comment

• jharp84
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2004

Sorry for the dupe! More "slow" & "sever"probs!!!

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Oct 2004

Twice as true?
                    Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• LstLkly2Succeed
                      Groupie
                      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by jharp84
                      While this is true, it gives me something to listen to in the car. When I want to listen to a song that they don't actually play I can pop in a cd. I don't have any real issues with the radio stations that play classic rock, I just think of them more of giving a "first exposure" of the classics that people love, and from there you have to go out and buy cds if you want to hear more of it.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.

~Oscar Wilde

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Of course I realize satellite radio is different from terrestrial radio, but terrestrial radio is who I was bitching about.

Fuck those worthless sacks of shit!

Comment

• jharp84
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by LstLkly2Succeed
                          While this is true, it gives me something to listen to in the car. When I want to listen to a song that they don't actually play I can pop in a cd. I don't have any real issues with the radio stations that play classic rock, I just think of them more of giving a "first exposure" of the classics that people love, and from there you have to go out and buy cds if you want to hear more of it.

True because you list your age as 16! I am 41 and have had these same songs over and over and over again "til I never want to hear them again" for the last 30 or so years!!

Comment

• chi-town324
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jharp84
                            True because you list your age as 16! I am 41 and have had these same songs over and over and over again "til I never want to hear them again" for the last 30 or so years!!
                            exactly JH

Comment

• jharp84
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2004

Chi-Towns back in "CIRCULATION"" I know you never left! Good to hear from ya! First 2 rounds on me in August!!!

Comment

Working...