Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Antman
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

I still don't have satellite radio cause I refuse to pay for radio. I'll bet people said that about cable 25 years ago.
    When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• jharp84
      Veteran
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Antman
      I still don't have satellite radio cause I refuse to pay for radio. I'll bet people said that about cable 25 years ago.
      I agree! Me- huge STERN FAN! Now I have to listen to sports radio dribble-drabble every fucking morning! Instead of the greatest morning show ever! However -- went to get satellite radio maybe 14 months ago! They(best buy) started hiitin me with all the EXTRA FEES
      for installation, etc.etc., and you need this here "box" and then this "connect" Then I dropped Trou in store and said HELLO!!

Comment

• WACF
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

I have XM and would not go without.

I look at it this way...I pay for TV and I listen to radio way more so it is not a big stretch.

Comment

• Terry
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Re: Classic Rock Radio

Originally posted by sadaist
          There is a long time classic rock station in San Diego. They play great stuff. Zep, Rush, Boston, Skynyrd, ZZ, VH, The Who, Stones, etc...

Here's the thing. They play Rush, but they won't play anything off of the new album because it's not considered "classic rock" because it's new. They play old Rush but not the new stuff from them. WTF?! Rush is considered a classic rock band. Once a band makes "classic rock" status, the station should play anything good from that band, regardless of when it was released.

Agreed.

One of the big ones down here is 102.5. And it's literally the same Rush, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Queen and CVH tunes every day (the one saving grace is they don't do any Van Hagar...or if they do at least I've never heard them). Suppose it's a testament to how great those overplayed tunes were that they're still great despite being played into the ground, but I just don't need to hear Freebird, Stairway To Heaven, We Will Rock You or Freewill 5 times a week. Even hearing Dance The Night Away or Jamie's Crying every day gets tiresome. And the other stations that specialize in 80s music or 70s music do the same type of thing.

Had exposure to satellite radio for about 2 months, and liked what I heard in terms of the playlist diversity, amount of station/format choices and lack of excessive ads and inane dj chatter.

Far as radio itself, for the morning commute I pretty much listen to AM talk radio, and afternoons I just pop a cd in. For longer drives on the weekends, it's invariably listening to cds. That way my listening choices are only restricted by the amount of cds I own, and I hear what I want when I want it.

102.5 has a pretty narrow focus of classic groups that get airtime, and that's fine, but each of those groups have at least 6 albums or more to choose from. Same thing with Black Sabbath; the station goes on a jag for a month or so where they play War Pigs everyday. Fuck, play Snowblind or Hole In The Sky...mix it up a little bit.
          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...