X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Stuff Made in the USA?

I was at Home Depot last week, and noticed a lot of their stuff were quality goods that were Made in the USA!

Goddamn if I wasn't all excited and giddy and shit!!

Seriously, I like finding stuff Made in Canada, or on the other side of the border even. But it was really nice to find stuff made here for a change, and not in The Peoples' Republic of China...
  • WACF
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

I was in Home Depot last week looking to buy a Hammer Drill...I was happy as all hell to see Dewalt was made in the US.

I agree with you...made in Canada or the US is the way to go.
    It does cost you more though...but we need to do it.

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

I have a bandanna that was made in Taiwan. The USA can't make a 12" X 12" square of thin cotton inexpensively?
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nickdfresh
        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by WACF
        I was in Home Depot last week looking to buy a Hammer Drill...I was happy as all hell to see Dewalt was made in the US.

I agree with you...made in Canada or the US is the way to go.
        It does cost you more though...but we need to do it.
        It may (or even may not in some cases) cost more - but stuff like DeWalt is the shit! I'd rather pay more for quality tools, for example, because you save in the long run.

And the Chinese stuff's quality has really dropped off. And that's no joke! That shit just breaks easily and needs quick replacement often times I've noticed. Then there are the other issues beyond simple the poor QC - the lead in paint on children's toys, antifreeze chemicals in toothpaste, toxins in food items, etc...

Sometimes "The Market" SHOULD NOT be allowed to "decide"..

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
          I have a bandanna that was made in Taiwan. The USA can't make a 12" X 12" square of thin cotton inexpensively?
          You wear bandannas? WTF?

In any case, I even like Taiwanese/ROC stuff since they're the Chinese gov'ts (PRC) enemy #1!

I'll support the Republic of China, but I'm sick of the PRC shitting over economic treaties, hacking our Pentagon computers, treating their people like bees, and having virtually no environmental standards whatsoever...

It's about buying American, or at least the Americas, but it's also about buying less Red Chinese stuff...
          Last edited by Nickdfresh; 09-21-2007, 11:46 AM.

Comment

• Ellyllions
            Veteran
            • Mar 2006

I'm all over American made products these days.

I think I've developed a burning case of OCD in regards to it.
            "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'd like to see them get more specific and print labels that say "Made in the state of ******"

Because, unfortunately Tom DeLay and Jack Abramoff set up a bunch of sweatshops in Guam and a few other islands in the South Pacific. Because they're US imperial posessions, they can legally get away with the "Made In The USA" label.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

True dat.

Even so called "American cars" may have more foreign content parts than many "foreign cars" assembled in the USA...

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

And in breaking news just now on the radio, apparently the Mattel toy corporation is taking the blame for the lead paint on their toys, and NOT holding the Chinese responsible.

What the fuck is up with that?? :confused:
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Ellyllions

I think I've developed a burning case of OCD in regards to it.
                    There's a cream for that now, hun

[ but it's made in China ]
                    Originally posted by Kristy
                    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                    Originally posted by cadaverdog
                    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• WACF
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                      It may (or even may not in some cases) cost more - but stuff like DeWalt is the shit! I'd rather pay more for quality tools, for example, because you save in the long run.

And the Chinese stuff's quality has really dropped off. And that's no joke! That shit just breaks easily and needs quick replacement often times I've noticed. Then there are the other issues beyond simple the poor QC - the lead in paint on children's toys, antifreeze chemicals in toothpaste, toxins in food items, etc...

Dewalt is the shit....and it would cost more than a Black and Decker whether it was made in the same place or not.

I have found too with name brands being made over in China the Quality control has really slipped.
                      I used to like Black and Decker but they are a good example of this...they just do not stand up to heavy use anymore...but the price is sure lower.

Did B&D not get in shit a while back for misleading consumers with false claims of made in the US?

Comment

• WACF
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

True dat.

Even so called "American cars" may have more foreign content parts than many "foreign cars" assembled in the USA...

Not just cars.

I have found alot of things that state "Assembled in the USA"...or Canada.
                        A bit misleading...it could be something as simple as buying a fan and having the screen put on here...the rest built and put together elswhere.

Just an example.
                        A few years back I was trying to find underwear made in North America after reading how in India alot of people are poisoned by the dye...it seems stupid but I figured I would try and do my part and not support this shit.
                        Not an esay task...I even found one package that stated "Packaged in the USA"...I just thought "You clever fucking pricks"...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                          There's a cream for that now, hun

[ but it's made in China ]
                          And unfortunately its key ingredients are babies and used motor oil...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by WACF
                            Dewalt is the shit....and it would cost more than a Black and Decker whether it was made in the same place or not.

I have found too with name brands being made over in China the Quality control has really slipped.
                            I used to like Black and Decker but they are a good example of this...they just do not stand up to heavy use anymore...but the price is sure lower.

Did B&D not get in shit a while back for misleading consumers with false claims of made in the US?
                            I don't know about B&D...

Not that I'm "Mr.FixIt" or anything, but I used to like "Stanley Tools" as a local hardware chain sold them when I lived near Buffalo. They were made in the USA and pretty good overall quality at only a slightly higher price...

Then the shit started breaking or falling apart (I had a hammer fly off the handle!) and I noticed that all their stuff was from China now, and the quality is little better than the crap you can find in one of the "dollar" chain stores...

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                              Veteran
                              • Nov 2006

Absolutely! And that goes not just for goods originating in China.... Most Favored Nation for trade my shiny ass!!
                              Trollidillo-T

Comment

Working...