Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Nov 2004

Who saved who's career?

Has Dave saved the sisters?

Have the sisters saved Dave?
  • jsadl
    Groupie
    • Jan 2004

Both. At this point the VH bros. need Roth as much as he needs them. After this tour I don't think the VH Bros. can even find sucess with Sammy again. The future is with Roth, if there is a future at all.

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

I agree, I imagine it was a bit of both.

Of course, we'll have to see if this lasts beyond this tour for any definite decision to be made...and on that issue, the jury's still out...
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

"meet us in the future not in the pasture..." that's what I want to believe in...
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• jero
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Like The german football team

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jero
            Like The german football team
            don't get me started, bro...
            Roth Army Icon

Comment

• PlexiBrown
              Commando
              • Mar 2006

After this tour I don't think the VH Bros. can even find sucess with Sammy again.
              Van Hagar is finished forever. It died in 2004 and it was buried when Van Halen 2007 kicked off.
              And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

funny thing is...both dave and the VH's seem to be in topform, because they want to proof something...that's what dave always said, with him in the ringside, ed is the best guitar player in the world...

and all of a sudden you see dave bringing effort into his singing like he has to save his life...this is the magic...
                Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Ellyllions
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2006

So we know the CFO of Clear Channel.
                  Tuesday on their local rock station is "Two for Tuesdays".
                  DJ just played "Panama" and then backed it up with "Why can't this be Love".

I had to give the CFO a ring to let him know that his dj just committed a cardinal sin.

On topic?
                  Everyone's ass has been rescued from the dismal void of nothingness. This has been way overdue, but now that it's happened and they're all still above ground and breathing, vindication is sealed.
                  "If our country is worth dying for in time of war let us resolve that it is truly worth living for in time of peace." - Hamilton Fish

Comment

• diamondD
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

This is it, the only way they can have major success. Anything else is just self indulgence.
                    Meet us in the future, not the pasture

Comment

• Steve Savicki
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

If money talks, the people paying to see the tour saved all band members' careers.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Figs
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

A little of both, but I would say it saves Dave's more. Dave in the band has meant a huge increase in ticket sales; but on the other hand I don't think VH would be playing the small venues that Dave plays with his VH tribute band.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

It's a symbiotic relationship, but Ed and Al had the advantage of naming-rights...

Neither were viable any longer without one another. It's a shame they had to take this long to affect something that should have been ten years ago, and would have had far more viability...

Comment

• Satan
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Figs
                            A little of both, but I would say it saves Dave's more. Dave in the band has meant a huge increase in ticket sales; but on the other hand I don't think VH would be playing the small venues that Dave plays with his VH tribute band.
                            Both the VDIII tour and Trainwreck 2004 were big financial losses. I doubt Van Hagar could have booked another arena tour, and with any other singer, they would be lucky to sell out clubs.

So far, this Van Halen tour has followed the Rolling Stones model. They would be wise to keep doing so.
                            Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                              Sniper
                              • Apr 2004

This will continue because Ed wants to record a studio CD with Wolfgang and the other singer is no longer a feasible alternative.
                              "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

Working...