X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

The rumors and innuendo

Alright...let me give you a take...and if you don't give a shit what my take is...well...fuck you then...

1. Face facts here...is it possible? You bet your ass it's possible. I wouldn't doubt for a second that Heineken didn't call Dave and say we need to tour...because it would be a total 180 from what he's always said...Eddie that is...that bastard would get his dog fixed...then fuck him up the ass...

2. Is it true? You know...it may be...again...let's face facts here...the best way for Van Halen to make money...big time money...is to have Dave attached to this...I'm not saying that they wouldn't make money with Sammy...they will...but you know what...the real cash is the real deal...David...Lee...Roth...and it would (be a joke to me with the both of them) probably relegitimize that lying bastard guitarist because he made good with both lead singers that he jammed up the ass...

3. If it happens...will I go...look...I went to that travesty of a tour, Dave and the Dickhead Tour from Hell...so yeah...I'd go to see Roth with those lying bastards...and really have a fucking grand time bashing the hell out of Sam and the Chirellas while they are out there...

So...let me bottom line it for you...I DON'T think Roth is back with those bastards that are still using the name that should have been retired 20 years ago...I don't in the least. I do think it's in the realm of possibility though...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • David Lee Rocks
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

after what im now seeing on daves official site, my faith is being renewed, maybe im just gullible, but a man can dream

Comment

• Big Troubles
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Feb 2004

Pojo your a crazy ass mo fo, but your points are always pinned on the chest so precise you leave a trickle of blood. I like what you are saying. But I doubt any rumours of a Dave reconciliation anytime soon. Unless this tour bombs worse than VH3 tour did. Then I could see Ed calling Dave. Just one fucking album and tour people, thats all we fucking want? Jesus Christ! Give it to us! We need it!
      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Well...like I said...anything can happen with this band...

I don't think there is anything, at this point, that would be a surprise...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
          Roth Army Caesar
          • Mar 2003

Oh TROUBLES my brother...I've long since given up even caring if they ever get back together...that is the truth...

What I'm amused with is that these rumors always come up...and I assure you...always have some truth tied together to it...because there have been so many fucking truths from these rumor that you HAVE to believe it all...

You know what wouldn't surprise me...2 things...VH having BOTH singers on this tour...

or a prearranged deal that has Sam touring first...and Dave closing up shop for good...

Of course...Sammy staying wouldn't surprise me either...

Comment

• Terry
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Wouldn't have thought it possible until Roth and Sam toured together in 2002. Now I wouldn't count it out.

But not for this tour. Halen could have sold multiple dates for these shows if Roth and Sam were on board.

The idea of Roth waiting in the wings to be trotted out as a surprise just doesn't make sense. Wouldn't be something Van Hagar fans would want to see, wouldn't be Roth's crowd, and I don't think Roth wants to share the legend of Van Halen with Sammy, or give any legitimacy to the notion that Hagar was a part of Van Halen.

It would have been promoted as such. The sisters know what people are talking about when the words Van Halen Reunion are thrown about ("They offered us the gross national product of East and West Germany to get back together with Roth" AVH 1997).

Can't say as I'd go if Sam and Dave did a co-headlining Van Halen tour, because I'd want to see at least an hour and a half of classic Van Halen live, Im sure Van Hagar fans would want the same, and there 'aint no way Ed, Al and Mike could pull off 3 + hours a night. Wouldn't shell out what would surely be more than a hundred a ticket something like that would go for, plus parking, etc., to see what would be an abbreviated classic show.

Plus look how fast word got out in 1996 about Roth recording with the band, long before any official word was put out confirming it. Same goes for this year's Sam Halen tour. This news was out there by Thanksgiving.

You'd have heard it by now if it was true.
            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Big Troubles
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
              Oh TROUBLES my brother...I've long since given up even caring if they ever get back together...that is the truth...

What I'm amused with is that these rumors always come up...and I assure you...always have some truth tied together to it...because there have been so many fucking truths from these rumor that you HAVE to believe it all...

You know what wouldn't surprise me...2 things...VH having BOTH singers on this tour...

or a prearranged deal that has Sam touring first...and Dave closing up shop for good...

Of course...Sammy staying wouldn't surprise me either...
              Good point. Never thought of that. I know dave wont tour with Sam, "sharing the band on stage", but I can picture Sam starting the tour and Dave ending it in good fashion. Nice dream to begin now. Cool. That is something I can see them doing. or at least WB and their management making them do.
              "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

As for the 25 at Dave's site, doubt it's some kind of cryptic message that he's gonna be on this Van Hagar tour.

People, this is the guy who wrote the open letter to the press after the whole thing fell apart in 1996 after a few weeks of silence post-VMA meltdown and let us know what was happening, or not happening.

Like the man said, trickery aint his style.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Look Terry...again...if you haven't figured it out yet...anything is possible...

Let's say it this way...

I can assure you of this...it's distinctly possible that things can happen after the ball was rolling...

would they announce it with DAVE? Not until they were 110% sure that Dave and Eddie would agree to it on the phone so that they wouldn't kill each other. So no...they wouldn't promote it until they knew it could happen...

yeah...he wrote the letter in 1996...but he didn't say anything about 2000 until he felt there was nothing more that could be done...so I'm sure if something was in the works...he wouldn't say anything until he knew it would OR wouldn't happen...

besides...god only knows that Dave doesn't write a letter every time his people talk to Ed's people...it happens more than you think...

Is it possible that VH will tour with Dave alone at some point soon after the Sham tour is over?

yeah...it is...

but...who cares...

Comment

• azcrdnal
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Jan 2004

Re: The rumors and innuendo

Originally posted by POJO_Risin pojo you are way out of line sir.
                    Alright...let me give you a take...and if you don't give a shit what my take is...well...fuck you then...

1. Face facts here...is it possible? You bet your ass it's possible. I wouldn't doubt for a second that Heineken didn't call Dave and say we need to tour...because it would be a total 180 from what he's always said...Eddie that is...that bastard would get his dog fixed...then fuck him up the ass...

2. Is it true? You know...it may be...again...let's face facts here...the best way for Van Halen to make money...big time money...is to have Dave attached to this...I'm not saying that they wouldn't make money with Sammy...they will...but you know what...the real cash is the real deal...David...Lee...Roth...and it would (be a joke to me with the both of them) probably relegitimize that lying bastard guitarist because he made good with both lead singers that he jammed up the ass...

3. If it happens...will I go...look...I went to that travesty of a tour, Dave and the Dickhead Tour from Hell...so yeah...I'd go to see Roth with those lying bastards...and really have a fucking grand time bashing the hell out of Sam and the Chirellas while they are out there...

So...let me bottom line it for you...I DON'T think Roth is back with those bastards that are still using the name that should have been retired 20 years ago...I don't in the least. I do think it's in the realm of possibility though...

Comment

• azcrdnal
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2004

way out of line

Comment

• cwsmith17
                        Sniper
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                        Good point. Never thought of that. I know dave wont tour with Sam, "sharing the band on stage", but I can picture Sam starting the tour and Dave ending it in good fashion. Nice dream to begin now. Cool. That is something I can see them doing. or at least WB and their management making them do.
                        Dave actually was open to an idea to tour with Sam. That is where their joint tour started. Dave salvaged 2/3 of the original idea and ran it by Sam. Next thing you know they were on tour together.

Comment

• Sammy_God
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • May 2004

You are full of shit Cardinal.

SAMMY IS BACK! SAMMY, NOT DAVE.

Dave was good. Dave was the Man. Now, Dave is washed-up.

Sammy is back and ready to rock. Yeah!

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

so why am I a faggot in the other thread, but in this one your kissing my left nut? Please explain your actions.

Comment

• cwsmith17
                              Sniper
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                              so why am I a faggot in the other thread, but in this one your kissing my left nut? Please explain your actions.
                              Sometimes we agree to disagree.

Comment

Working...