X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ragingmike
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Mar 2005

Eddie played drunk at Nassau ?

I got a text message from a friend during the show last night and he said Ed was trashed, then after tho concert, my brother in law calls me and said "it was good show, but Eddie was drunk.."

Did anyone else think this? Im going to the MSG show next week
    www.RooseveltRaceway.us
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Here we go .......

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• DLRdelight!
      Veteran
      • Jul 2004

fuck lets see if any youtubes pop up

Comment

• CVH Rulz
        Head Fluffer
        • Jun 2005

Thank God Dave is outstanding on this tour.

We are no dummies here at the ROTH ARMY.

DAVID LEE ROTH IS VAN HALEN!

Edward is a sad shell of his former self.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Originally posted by CVH Rulz

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• scorpion73
            Full On Cocktard
            • Aug 2004

I was at the show at Nassau Coliseum last night and EDDIE WAS NOT DRUNK.He seemed tired and made some mistakes,but he was sober.Is he not allowed to screw up occasionally?The show still kicked ass,and Eddie still gave 110%.Alex is without a doubt the best drummer in rock,still amazing and getting better with age.Wolfgang played and sang great,the bass has never sounded better onstage(sadly).Dave was his old self,athough his voice actually sounded HIGHER, espicially when he spoke to the crowd before singing "Ice Cream Man".When he talks he does'nt have the deep baritone anymore.But Eddie was great,nailing "I'm The One","Unchained",hell,EVERYTHING!He screwed up the first verse of "Mean Streets",and jokingly smacked himself in the back of the head before the chorus while the band all laughed with him.The band were getting along great and you would be a shithead to miss this show.They are back and just warming up folks.The real fun will begin with a new album.

Comment

• Deklon
              Roadie
              • Jul 2007

To say Ed is a "sad shell of his former self" is nothing short of ridiculous. Ed has never been perfect. Check all the old youtubes and videos. Listen to old bootlegs. Ed has always been about having a blast. He never once stood in one place and concentrated on techniqhe. He is constantly movong, jumping, interacting with Wolf, Dave, Al, and the crowd. Of course he's gonna screw up sometimes. It is obviously worse when he's shithouses, as I perceived in Worcester. He was flawless in Boston and Mohegan Sun, and he looked sober as a judge to me those nights.

Ed's solos are difficult. He wrote them all 25 years+ in the past and hasn't played most of these songs for decades. He's 52, a cancer survivor, a (on and off) recovering alchoholic. Yet he still brings a 95 mile per hour fastball and a devestating curve ball. He's not the complete game 3 hit pitcher he once was. But he can still give you seven or eight strong innings every other night for 6 months.

I was as pissed as anyone when he was cocked in Worcester and made multiple mistakes. But he's still Ed and ripping through two hours
              just awesome material. He may throw the ocassional wild pitch, but he's still strking out double digits every night.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

Maybe people are confusing the way he is so friggin happy with being drunk. I don't know.
                “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• scorpion73
                  Full On Cocktard
                  • Aug 2004

The man is also missing 3/4 of his tongue due to cancer,so he may sound a little slurred when he addresses the audience.As far as his playong,he needs more time to get used to playing the songs again and just playing LIVE to an audience again.When pepole look back to old Van Halen,they were touring every year and playing over 100 shows.That's why he played so fluid then and could do the songs in his sleep.Like I posted earlier,he and the band are just warming up.

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                    Veteran
                    • Jul 2004

well anyways i cant wait for the 20th!!

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Same here!
                      Originally posted by conmee
                      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                      Originally posted by eddie78
                      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
                        Veteran
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by CVH Rulz

Stop this.

He still kicks ass.
                        http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
                        Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                        Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
                          Veteran
                          • Apr 2004

Let's give the guy a break!

We had a blast In Minneapolis!

great show!!!

once again..tired of the haters!
                          http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
                          Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
                          Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• DlocRoth
                            ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
                            Let's give the guy a break!

We had a blast In Minneapolis!

great show!!!

once again..tired of the haters!
                            Sup Nate...

How was the Halloween party?
                            Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• fenway5150
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Feb 2004

We're in an era where every show pops up on the internet within a week. This band has probably made the same amount of mistakes on this tour that they made back in the 70s.

There really is no need to overthink this tour. They're back with Dave....they sound awesome.....that's it. Enjoy it.
                              "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding!"
                              - DLR, 2004

Comment

Working...