X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smaz
    Commando
    • Mar 2004

Dave's voice is great

There's been numerous threads/posts about how people 'think' that Dave's voice is shot. They say that pot smoking and ageing has deteriorated his voice. All I can say is fuck that, 'coz I saw him in Feb which was one of his latest shows and his voice couldn't have been any better - I was absolutely amazed by him and have to say that the studio doesn't do him justice - he has to be heard live. I spoke to somebody who went to the same show as me who had also seen Dave with vh in 1984 plus all of his solo tours in the U.K. since then, and he said that Dave was at his best in Feb. Is there anybody who has seen him recently that agrees/disagrees?? I think most people who say his voice has gone are jealous Sammy fans.
    Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..
  • DLR_EngineRoom
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

See the downloads section on this site, and download one of his recent shows (Diamond Dave tour), there's 2 here.

Roth has retained his original 'scream'.
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Nothing wrong with Dave's voice. It's aged intact for the most part. Am not gonna say he could do a tune like Outta Love Again justice in comparison to what he did on the VH2 album, but he hits enough of the high notes in the right spots to make it work live. His voice is strained at times, but strain is a display of effort.

Think Dave has just gotten better and more compact as a performer. Less in-between song raps, executes his stage moves with economy and precision and never fails to entertain.

Dave has a unique voice. A strong, solid natural baritone but he also has a high-end scream Sammy could never reach, then or now. Can't hear anything unique in Hagar's, which is only solid in one range. Then again, why have anything but an average voice when all you're gonna sing are average lyrics?
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
        Nothing wrong with Dave's voice. It's aged intact for the most part. Am not gonna say he could do a tune like Outta Love Again justice in comparison to what he did on the VH2 album, but he hits enough of the high notes in the right spots to make it work live. His voice is strained at times, but strain is a display of effort.

Think Dave has just gotten better and more compact as a performer. Less in-between song raps, executes his stage moves with economy and precision and never fails to entertain.

Dave has a unique voice. A strong, solid natural baritone but he also has a high-end scream Sammy could never reach, then or now. Can't hear anything unique in Hagar's, which is only solid in one range. Then again, why have anything but an average voice when all you're gonna sing are average lyrics?

Well there ya have it, ladies & gentleman.

Another spectacular review on none other than Diamond Dave himself, and of course, the li'l midget drone troll too.
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• smaz
          Commando
          • Mar 2004

Dave's voice is unique, so when Van Halen lost him it was like a millionaire losing his money. VH lost the entertainment, the singing and one of the main reasons why they were so great when they lost Dave. When I saw him, it was an experience, not just a gig.

Fair enough he may be struggling slightly, but when your in your 50s its gotta be hard to sing with as much ease as when you were in your 20s. But still, I don't think it shows.

Hagar's singing?? Don't get me started........
          Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

• Softknockz

Roth ought to stay away from the higher octaves. They are like a badger in a tree, sure you might be able to reach it, but it aint gonna be pretty if you do.

Comment

• cwsmith17
              Sniper
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by smaz
              There's been numerous threads/posts about how people 'think' that Dave's voice is shot. They say that pot smoking and ageing has deteriorated his voice. All I can say is fuck that, 'coz I saw him in Feb which was one of his latest shows and his voice couldn't have been any better - I was absolutely amazed by him and have to say that the studio doesn't do him justice - he has to be heard live. I spoke to somebody who went to the same show as me who had also seen Dave with vh in 1984 plus all of his solo tours in the U.K. since then, and he said that Dave was at his best in Feb. Is there anybody who has seen him recently that agrees/disagrees?? I think most people who say his voice has gone are jealous Sammy fans.
              Dave's voice is no where near his voice during Van Halen.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by cwsmith17
                Dave's voice is no where near his voice during Van Halen.
                Gee ya think? 20 years will age a person. I always wondered why Mick Jagger never sounded the same since 68. Fucking tool. You need a big old Roth Army Rockstar slap. take that bitch...

"FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• cwsmith17
                  Sniper
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Softknockz
                  Roth ought to stay away from the higher octaves. They are like a badger in a tree, sure you might be able to reach it, but it aint gonna be pretty if you do.
                  Couldn't have said it any better!

Comment

• Big Troubles
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by cwsmith17
                    Couldn't have said it any better!
                    I havn't seen you say anything better than anyone yet. Maybe when you receive your grade 6 diploma, you'll conjure something up other than "great post" or couldn't have said it better myself". Loser... LOL
                    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• cwsmith17
                      Sniper
                      • Apr 2004

You are a tool.

Comment

• rustoffa
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Softknockz
                        That's a nice comparison. Here's another: Sammy oughta stay away from the higher profile gigs. They don't need a Sloth in a decaying tree, sure you might be able to reach it, but it's slow-moving and often covered with moss. It might take some months to get rid of the fucking thing and then you're like, "can this fucking tree survive"?

Comment

• General Hina
                          Sniper
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by smaz
                          Fair enough he may be struggling slightly, but when your in your 50s its gotta be hard to sing with as much ease as when you were in your 20s.
                          Especially when in the past 20 years you've only released 6 CDs and toured very sporadically.
                          If you continue to use your voice and practice as you would with an instrument your voice remains strong.
                          Dave's voice might be getting better but it is far from how it used to sound.

Over and Out,
                          General Hina

Comment

• General Hina
                            Sniper
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                            I havn't seen you say anything better than anyone yet. Maybe when you receive your grade 6 diploma, you'll conjure something up other than "great post" or couldn't have said it better myself". Loser... LOL

Yes you should do as Big Troubles does:

1) Misread/misinterpret the post

2) Fill your response with incorrect information.

3) Offer up lame excuses whenever you are proven wrong.

Over and Out,
                            General Hina

Comment

• thefive

Originally posted by rustoffa
                              That's a nice comparison. Here's another: Sammy oughta stay away from the higher profile gigs. They don't need a Sloth in a decaying tree, sure you might be able to reach it, but it's slow-moving and often covered with moss. It might take some months to get rid of the fucking thing and then you're like, "can this fucking tree survive"?
                              Like Samuel L Jackson says in Pulp Fiction " Interesting thought".
                              LOL
                              Good post rustoffa

Comment

Working...