Dave's voice is great

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thefive

You know I am sick and tired of people cutting down Dave's voice. I heard this shit said by Van Hagar fans before 1995. I was at the Las Vegas show in 1995. I had front row table seating for 2 nights in a row.
    Dave's voice was so good. It was so clear. I was there LIVE. No bootlegs or live recordings.

His voice was fuckin great. Then after the 1996 fiasco the Sammy fans and VAn Hagar fans said the same thing. Then Dave put out the song Don't Piss Me off and if you ever listen to the end of that song you will know Dave did that on purpose to put closure on this voice subject.

Dammit I hope this gets through to some people.

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

This keeps coming up again and again. Does Ed have the same abilities as he did in 78, 79 etc. Um let me think.......Fuck no, he doesnt! Clearly Dave's voice has gotten a lot stronger the last few years, and in fact I never had a problem with it in the first place.

Comment

• Calderone
        Commando
        • Jan 2004

Dave put out the song Don't Piss Me off and if you ever listen to the end of that song you will know Dave did that on purpose to put closure on this voice subject.

what part ?

Comment

• thefive

The ending of the song. He sings so good. I dont know what you call it because I am not a singer but he gets down with his voice at the end of the song.

Comment

• Dan
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

Don't piss me off,great song.Dave's older and his voice is great.
            First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Terry
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Roth's voice has held up just fine. Is as recognizable as it ever was, does justice to the classic VH tunes he performs live, and is more than ready for a reunion. End of story.
              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by smaz
                There's been numerous threads/posts about how people 'think' that Dave's voice is shot. They say that pot smoking and ageing has deteriorated his voice. All I can say is fuck that, 'coz I saw him in Feb which was one of his latest shows and his voice couldn't have been any better - I was absolutely amazed by him and have to say that the studio doesn't do him justice - he has to be heard live. I spoke to somebody who went to the same show as me who had also seen Dave with vh in 1984 plus all of his solo tours in the U.K. since then, and he said that Dave was at his best in Feb. Is there anybody who has seen him recently that agrees/disagrees?? I think most people who say his voice has gone are jealous Sammy fans.
                the only real reason i dont like sam is the obvious, and he has no voice at all, especially when compared to the diamond one.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

I can't stand all this sheep talk 'bout dave's voice...if you don't have gayneral hincent van gogh's ears you can hear how good he sounds on the live boots...and may I ask again...who cancelled the last two shows of the dave and sam tour because his voice was shot?
                  Roth Army Icon
                  First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Brett
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by thefive
                    The ending of the song. He sings so good. I dont know what you call it because I am not a singer but he gets down with his voice at the end of the song.
                    Is that a technical term?

Comment

• thefive

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                      Gee ya think? 20 years will age a person. I always wondered why Mick Jagger never sounded the same since 68. Fucking tool. You need a big old Roth Army Rockstar slap. take that bitch...

Dammit that was funny.

Comment

• marchin2mars
                        Groupie
                        • Mar 2004

I was at the Las Vegas show in 1995. I had front row table seating for 2 nights in a row

This statement says it all

Comment

• knuckleboner
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • Jan 2004

when the hell was dave's concert performance ever about sounding exactly like the albums?

near as i can tell, it was always about entertaining the crowd. bring the party. bring the excitement. bring the great songs. bring the fun. bring the adreneline.

dave brought it with van halen and he's still bringing it today.

the voice isn't what it was on the records. but lately, it's been solid. but more importantly, the crowd is entertained.

if you want perfect pitch, go pine for the 3 tenors reunion. if you want a great rock show, go see dave.

Comment

• gothqueen
                            Groupie
                            • Apr 2004

Dave still sounds very good. At least he doesn't have a high-pitched whine like Spammy Fagar.

Comment

• tobinentinc
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Apr 2004

I totally agree. Dave's voice is just fine. I hate all of those Spammy fans who say Dave can't sing. B.S. they are just jelous cause Dave has balls and sammy dosen't so he can sing high.
                              http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip...hics/sines.gif http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...m/kissarmy.jpg http://images.google.com/images?q=tb...ve/vhlogo1.gif

Comment

• smaz
                                Commando
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by knuckleboner
                                when the hell was dave's concert performance ever about sounding exactly like the albums?

near as i can tell, it was always about entertaining the crowd. bring the party. bring the excitement. bring the great songs. bring the fun. bring the adreneline.

dave brought it with van halen and he's still bringing it today.

the voice isn't what it was on the records. but lately, it's been solid. but more importantly, the crowd is entertained.

if you want perfect pitch, go pine for the 3 tenors reunion. if you want a great rock show, go see dave.
                                That is true. His voice doesn't sound like it does on the albums, but it sounds great. When I saw him, he did entertain, brought excitement but even more - the reason why we go to see him - he brought great music, played brilliantly
                                Moving webhosts & will be making changes to the picture hosting - watch this space..

Comment

Working...