Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 New U2: "No Line on the Horizen" - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New U2: "No Line on the Horizen"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New U2: "No Line on the Horizen"

Who has it? What do you think? I forgot it was being released this month...

FACTBOX: New U2 album is No. 1 in 30 countries
    Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:09am EDT

(Reuters) - U2's latest album, "No Line on the Horizon," debuted at No. 1 in 30 countries, including the United States and Britain, according to preliminary data issued on Wednesday by the Irish rock band's Interscope Records label. Here are some facts about their U.S. sales:

* "No Line on the Horizon" sold 484,000 copies in the United States in the six days ended March 8, their second-highest, first-week tally. Their previous album, "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb," started with 840,000 copies in 2004.

* It marks U2's seventh No. 1 album in the United States, a run that began with 1987's "The Joshua Tree." Their only studio album since then not to debut at No. 1 was "All That You Can't Leave Behind," which opened at No. 3 with 428,000 units in 2000.

* The only bands with more No. 1 albums are the Beatles, with 19 and the Rolling Stones with nine. Led Zeppelin also have seven. "No Line" is also the fifth U2 album to debut at No. 1. The only other group to have five albums debut at No. 1 is Metallica.

* U2's total U.S. album sales stand at 33.2 million copies since May 1991, when the Billboard charts started using point-of-sale retail data collected by Nielsen SoundScan.

* U2's best-selling album is "Achtung Baby," which has sold 5.5 million copies since its release in November 1991, based on Nielsen SoundScan's data. "All That You Can't Leave Behind" has sold 4.3 million, and "How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" sold 3.2 million.

* "The Joshua Tree" has sold 3.2 million copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan. But it has been certified for U.S. shipments to retailers in excess of 10 million units since its 1987 release, according to the Recording Industry Association of America, the trade group that hands out gold and platinum awards. "Achtung Baby" follows with 8 million units.

* Interscope Records is part of the Universal Music Group, which is controlled by Vivendi SA.

Sources: Nielsen SoundScan, RIAA, Interscope Records, Billboard

(Editing by Bob Tourtellotte)

The true beneficiaries of Live Aid...

Comment

They're well past their best though aren't they? When did Bono lose the ability to write good lyrics?
      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

When he found what he was looking for?

Comment

You guys are such haterz. Just because they've managed to stay together and continue to periodically make decent new music without tons of fucking egocentrically, chemically-driven drama like certain bands we know...

In any case, a cursory listening has me thinking this is their best work since 'Achtung Baby,' or at least 'ATYCLB'....

A very balanced, guitar-driven album. The second song, "Magnificent," sounds like vintage U2...
          Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-13-2009, 03:58 PM.

Comment

From what I've heard of the album, it sounds like they finally made the follow up to "Rattle and Hum". A lot of this record sounds closer to the late 80's U2 than anything they have done since. Which is a good thing, in the opinion of this (since 1980) U2 fan.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Originally posted by Seshmeister View Post
              When he found what he was looking for?
              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Wonder what it is was that he found ?
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

I make no secret that I cant stand post 80's U2.
                  So I hope all those that have been hanging out for
                  another Joshua Tree gets it this time...

Did anyone else hear that radio interview just
                  a few weeks ago with Bono. He was coming across
                  as sincerly insecure about coldplay ???

U2 are scared that Coldplay are better than them !!!
                  Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Originally posted by Panamark View Post
                    Wonder what it is was that he found ?

Guinness?

(in the early days, they would read the Bible and drink orange juice after the gigs. Without vodka.)
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Originally posted by FORD View Post
                      Guinness?

(in the early days, they would read the Bible and drink orange juice after the gigs. Without vodka.)
                      He wasnt drinking orange juice after the Popmart Sydney Gig in 98'
                      (Neither was old Edgy)
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Did anyone else hear that radio interview just
                        a few weeks ago with Bono. He was coming across
                        as sincerly insecure about coldplay ???

U2 are scared that Coldplay are better than them !!!
                        I don't think it's insecurity as much as it is blatantly obvious that Coldplay is blatantly trying to ripoff U2 worse than anybody since Simple Minds. If I was Bono, I'd be annoyed at Chris Martin too (or whatever that asshole's name is.)

And Bono only named the unofficial fan club remix CD's after fruit. Not his children like Mr Coldplay and his wife Gwynnie Paltrow did.
                        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

He wasnt drinking orange juice after the Popmart Sydney Gig in 98'
                          (Neither was old Edgy)
                          Yeah, by then they had left the particular religious group that they were involved in behind, because they didn't appreciate their pastor telling them they had to choose between Jesus & rock n roll. Bono, Edge, and Larry are still professing Christians (Adam never was) but like many non-right wing Christians (myself included) they don't really have a lot of use for organized religion anymore.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

I don't think it's insecurity as much as it is blatantly obvious that Coldplay is blatantly trying to ripoff U2 worse than anybody since Simple Minds. If I was Bono, I'd be annoyed at Chris Martin too (or whatever that asshole's name is.)

And Bono only named the unofficial fan club remix CD's after fruit. Not his children like Mr Coldplay and his wife Gwynnie Paltrow did.
                            I wouldnt be too worried if I was Bono, Coldplay are crap.
                            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

Yeah, by then they had left the particular religious group that they were involved in behind, because they didn't appreciate their pastor telling them they had to choose between Jesus & rock n roll. Bono, Edge, and Larry are still professing Christians (Adam never was) but like many non-right wing Christians (myself included) they don't really have a lot of use for organized religion anymore.
                              That's cool, My son. Neither do I.

Comment

Working...
                              X