• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blaze
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

President Obama's Nowruz message to Iranian people

A new day and way has arrived.

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/A9uaIkH30rY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b 8ab6&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/A9uaIkH30rY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b 8ab6&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>
    Last edited by Blaze; 03-20-2009, 12:15 PM.
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    sigpic
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Sure beats the hell out of "Your the Axis of Evil cuz I said so, and we're gonna bomb the hell out of ya", doesn't it?
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

The actual citizens of Iran are some of the most pro-Western of any Middle Eastern country. We need to advocate to them for change so they can dump the theocratic, dogmatist jerkoffs...

Comment

• LoungeMachine
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Exactly Nick.

Isolating and demonizing, oppressing and bombing, hasn't worked. God knows overthrow, install, and occupy is a failed policy as well.

Let's talk, let's compromise, let's negotiate.
        Originally posted by Kristy
        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
        Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Let's hope the results of their election go in that direction in June.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Koppel did a good special about Iran recently... They're a lot more modern there than I imagined....
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• LoungeMachine
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Anthony Bourdain as well....

If we just keep isolating, threatening, and bombing the progressives in the region, we're just going to create more adults who hate us, and their children who will grow up wanting to fight us.

The cycle must be broken.

Originally posted by Kristy
              Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
              Originally posted by cadaverdog
              I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

I think Iran was strictly a neocon thing. Look on all the dirt coming out on Dick Cheney and how he practically had his own little army of spooks under him and was a law unto himself. Iran was Cheney and Rumsfeld while the monkey Bush babbled and rode his bicycle around durning key business hours.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I think we will get more heavily involved in Pakistahn and Africa. China has us by the balls and so we are going to break up their largest allies in the Islamic world and cut their oil and resources off in Africa. This is what the thugs in NATO want. If they can get Obama to play along is yet to be seen.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

NATO knows Obama is a huge celebrity in Africa and if they can get this president on their side, they can fuck and screw Africa good using international aid as the excuse. NATO hates Russia and is why they are surrounding Russia and China could dump their US Treasury paper so they need a strap around their balls. Europe and North America are basically broke so the only card to play is the military. Bad economies start wars. They would love to have China invade Siberia for resources and have Russia and China destroy each other. If that happens then NATO has the world in the bag.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                      Anthony Bourdain as well....

If we just keep isolating, threatening, and bombing the progressives in the region, we're just going to create more adults who hate us, and their children who will grow up wanting to fight us.

The cycle must be broken.

Anthony Bourdain is about the only person on television I can stand to watch anymore. I like the guys anti-bullshit honesty.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Actually Iran would love us to bomb them. Their currency is in the toilet and the Islamic radicals running the country are falling out of favor with the majority of the Iranian public. They need a scape goat to blame and an excuse to clamp down more. Iran is a fucking mess. Bombing the country actually helps the assholes in power there.

Obama offering a peace branch probably made the president of Iran shit his pants thinking, "Why do I do now?" LOL!

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I think Ahmadinnerjacket is out of there in the June election. Unless Likud Nazi NuttyYahoo does something desperate and stupid which would stir up the radicals who put him there in the first place - as a response to Chimpy's radical belligerent attitude towards Iran, based on nothing.

And NuttyYahoo is exactly the type of asshole who might do it, unfortunately.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Ahmadinnerjacket is just an idiot puppet figurehead anyway.

Still what a difference from Obama.

Comment

• Blaze
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Chief of state:
                              Maghame Rahbari, literally - Leadership Authority

o Note:
                              o The title "Supreme" Leader (Persian: رهبر معظم, Rahbare Moazzam), is often used as a sign of respect; however, this terminology is not found in the constitution of Iran, which simply referred to the "Leader" (rahbar).

o The Leadership Authority is elected by the Assembly of Experts, which is also in charge of overseeing the Supreme Leader, and has the power to dismiss him.

Executive branch
                              President
                              o President is elected by popular vote for a four-year term (eligible for a second term and third nonconsecutive term) by those 15 years old and older

First Vice President
                              o (In addition, 9 other Vice Presidents at this time) or cabinet:
                              o Selected by the president with legislative approval; the Supreme Leader has some control over appointments to the more sensitive ministries

Unlike many other states, the executive branch in Iran does not control the armed forces.

Legislative branch

Assembly of Experts (Majles-Khebregan), (Majles/Parliament)
                              o A popularly elected body charged with determining the succession of the Supreme Leader, reviewing his performance, and deposing him if deemed necessary;
                              o (290 seats; members elected by popular vote to serve four-year terms)

o Election results: percent of vote - NA; seats by party - conservatives 167, reformers 39, independents 74, religious minorities 5, other 5

Expediency Council

o Exerts supervisory authority over the executive, judicial, and legislative branches;
                              o Resolves legislative issues on which the Majles and the Council of Guardians disagree;
                              o Advises national religious leaders on matters of national policy; serves as a consultative council to the Supreme Leader.

Council of Guardians of the Constitution

o Composed of 12 jurists, including six clerics appointed by the Supreme Leader, and six jurists elected by the Majlis

o Determines whether proposed legislation is both constitutional and accurate to Sharia,
                              o Vets candidates for suitability,
                              o Supervises national elections

Judicial branch:

The Supreme Court (Qeveh Qazaieh)
                              High Council of the Judiciary

o Together they supervise the enforcement of all laws and establish judicial and legal policies; lower courts include a special clerical court, a revolutionary court, and a special administrative court

Politics of Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                              "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...