X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoungeMachine
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Gun Nut Afraid Obama Would Disarm Him, Kills 3 Cops

Three Pittsburgh police officers killed by gun-loving maniac; afraid Obama would limit gun rights

BY Elizabeth Hays
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Saturday, April 4th 2009, 12:26 PM

Heller/AP

A gunman shot three police officers in Pittsburgh, Pa. on Sat. Apr. 4, 2009. He was reportedly upset over fears President Obama will curtail gun rights.

A gun-loving lunatic who was afraid President Obama would ban firearms killed three Pittsburgh cops Saturday in a blizzard of bullets, police and witnesses said.

"I am going to die today," the killer, who was not identified, told a friend just before the incident.

The gunman was arrested after a standoff that lasted several hours, officials said.

At least five officers were wounded. It was not immediately clear if that number included the three officers who died. Their names were not released.

Edward Perkovic, 22, the suspect's best friend, said the shooter called him at work as the carnage unfolded.

"Eddie, I am going to die today.... Tell your family I love them and I love you," the killer said, according to Perkovic.

"I heard gunshots and he hung up," Perkovic added. "He sounded like he was in pain, like he got shot."

Perkovic said the gunman feared "the Obama gun ban that's on the way" and "didn't like our rights being infringed upon."

Another friend, Joe DiMarco, said the suspect was upset about getting laid off from his job at a glass factory earlier this year.

Another longtime friend, Aaron Vire, 23, said his friend had an AK-47 rifle and several powerful handguns, including a .357 Magnum. He also said the gunman once had an Internet talk show.

Tom Moffitt, 51, a city firefighter who rushed to the scene from his home two blocks away said he heard "hundreds, just hundreds of shots. And not just once - several times."

Neighbor Rob Gift, 45, who heard bursts of gunfire as he was letting his dog out, was stunned by the violence.

"It's just a very quiet neighborhood," said Gift, who said many police officers, firefighters and other city workers live in the tidy neighborhood filled with single-family homes.

The shootings happened just two weeks after four cops killed in Oakland, Calif., March 21., the deadliest day for U.S. law enforcement since Sept. 11, 2001.

Three Pittsburgh police officers killed by gun-loving maniac; afraid Obama would limit gun rights
    Originally posted by Kristy
    Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
    Originally posted by cadaverdog
    I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The lunatic right wing fringe always stirs up this bullshit every time there's a Democratic President in office, or even running for office (hence Al Gore's loss of Tennessee, his own home state, in 2000)

Reality tells us different. The only time guns were confiscated from US citizens was in New Orleans Louisiana in 2005, by Blackwater thugs under command of the Bush Criminal Empire, in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

Yeah that's right.... the NRA bragged about how they would be able to work "directly out of an office in the White House" under Chimpy's pResdiDuncey, yet he's the one who took away people's guns at the time when they arguably needed them the most.

And I lay the blame for this fucked up tragedy (and others like it) right at the feet of Wayne LaPierre and his fellow hysterical gun nut propagandists.
    Last edited by FORD; 04-04-2009, 02:52 PM.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

It's also no coincidence these shooting this week BOTH came from guys recently laid off.

Just more casualties from the second Bush Recession this generation has had to endure.

Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• binnie
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2006

I'd just like to clarify something: education is compulsory in the US, right?

"Obama's going to disarm me, I better use all of my bullets up...."
        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Apparently this guy also bought into Nazi propaganda and liked to rant about the Zionist Occupational Government a lot.

Ironically, he was a McCain supporter. Guess he didn't realize that McCain's campaign foreign policy team was made up of the wing of PNAC that even Darth Cheney was afraid of. Or that "Christian" Zionist John "fat bastard" Hagee was one of Grandpa McCain's earliest supporters.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Well, on the bright side there are 3 job openings now. Four in Oakland. I know, I know...I'll groan this post myself.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
              Well, on the bright side there are 3 job openings now. Four in Oakland. I know, I know...I'll groan this post myself.
              GO FUCK YOURSELF ASSHOLE!!!!!!

(wouldn't let me groan my own post)
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                GO FUCK YOURSELF ASSHOLE!!!!!!

(wouldn't let me groan my own post)
                I threw one in for ya.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• lesfunk
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

when I cuntsider all the liberties from which Obama plans to unburden me in the next four years , freedom to have a gun isn't even in the top 25.
                  I mean, Why is it legal to have a gun if it is illegal to kill people?
                  http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• FORD
                    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
                    when I cuntsider all the liberties from which Obama plans to unburden me in the next four years , freedom to have a gun isn't even in the top 25.
                    I mean, Why is it legal to have a gun if it is illegal to kill people?
                    Well....... it's illegal to drive drunk, but cars and alcohol are legal.

Some states even have drive-thru liquor stores, which could easily be interpreted as encouraging law breakers. Hell, even selling alcohol at gas station convenience stores could arguably fit that description (though a Chevron station actually has the best imported beer selection in town, so I would hate it if that law changed)
                    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• lesfunk
                      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Obama's gonna outlaw beer?
                      ...or cars?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                        SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

This sucks man. Our police deserve better than this. Condolences to their families...

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
                          Obama's gonna outlaw beer?
                          If he did, I'd impeach him myself!

I don't think that's very likely though......

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• lesfunk
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Who's he drinkin with in the first photo? Capt. Spaulding?

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I have no idea, but the guy's got a cool Medicine Wheel on his hat.
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...