X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

The New Alice In Chains Track "A Looking in View"

This tune popped up at the Alice In Chains website. This song is an advanced single from the forthcoming Black Gives Way to Blue, which is due to be released September 29, 2009. The album will feature William DuVall on vocals.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gYw67rGKTkw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gYw67rGKTkw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking
  • Mr Walker
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

I'll buy it, just to support Cantrell.
    He seems like a good guy.

Comment

• jhale667
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Sounds interesting.
      Mike Inez was one of the first people I was introduced to when I got to LA back in the day...think we were co-workers for like 10 minutes, then he got the Ozzy gig.... good to see him doing well, too.
      Originally posted by conmee
      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
      Originally posted by eddie78
      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

DuVall is a good singer, but they really should have changed the name of the band. Layne really was Alice in Chains, in the same way that Freddie was Queen. It's not anything against the other musicians, who have a right to earn a living. They just need to be a new band.
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• WACF
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
          DuVall is a good singer, but they really should have changed the name of the band. Layne really was Alice in Chains, in the same way that Freddie was Queen. It's not anything against the other musicians, who have a right to earn a living. They just need to be a new band.
          Good track...I like it.

I hear ya on the name...the only thing that almost makes it OK is Layne passing on.

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Originally posted by chan_bkny
            Excellent! Looking forward to the new album.

Does this song sound as though it could have been on Degradation Trip?
            I was thinking the same thing, although it's better than anything on 'Degradation Trip'.

This is a very promising song - they could never replicate Layne's tortured voice, and a large part of the band's soul clearly died with him. That being said, this is certainly a great song and sounds like a natural evolution for the band. Love the melodies.
            The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Yeah, I'll buy it...sounds pretty good...as good as anything out there anyways.

Can it compare to old Alice? Of course not.

Should they change the name of the band? Christ, I've crossed that fucking street too many fucking times. Who cares....probably...

Will it still be good?

I think so.

Oh, and here's to AlinChainz...

wonder what he would have thought about the matter...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Golden AWe
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Sounds very good!

I'll buy this. Yeah, I loved "Degradation Trip" too.

In worst case, it's better than Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley or Timbal...I mean Chris Cornell have to offer nowadays!

But what is Jimi Hendrix doing in that photo?
                Originally posted by Cato
                Golden, why are you FAT?
                Originally posted by lesfunk
                Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• if6was9
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Mar 2007

What's wrong with you, guys? This track is sooooo boring!
                  Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• ELVIS
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2003

It sounds like Alice In Chains on Pro Tools...

It would be better acoustic, but it's long and boring...

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

Like it and I'm going to get it. Should they have changed the name? Sounds like Alice in Chains to me.
                      Originally posted by vandeleur
                      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• damngoodtimes
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

I like it, but agree it's a bit long. Hope there's a few songs on there with the snap of a Would?.

I'm with pojo on the name thing. it probably doesn't matter. we could all go round and round with "well, he's dead so that's better" or "how can they call it that if Layne's gone?"

in the end, we can all agree that this is AIC much more than the Axl Rose Project is GNR.

also, the simple truth is that the band name sells. just look at any of the nostalgia acts out there, from Skynyrd to Styx to Foreigner and however many in between that have varying levels of replaced members. people buy tickets based on the name. if it sounds good the first time, they'll buy 'em again for next year's tour.

like Ford says, by all accounts, these other 3 guys are good guys and I won't be the one to say that they can't get their paychecks.

I'll disagree with you, Ford, on this count, though. I think you dismiss Jerry far too easily by calling it Layne's band. while not quite rivaling Pete Townshend, Jerry was clearly the principal songwriter, only guitarist (who, by the way, was copied by just about every "new rock" guitar player from about 95-03), and also responsible for about 30-40&#37; of the vocals.

Layne clearly provided a face for the tortured soul of the band (and fuckin' lived it, too); but, on top of the great guitar sound, what made that band was the amazing harmonies between those two voices.

I wish them all the best going forward. I've seen them twice with William. While it will never be the same, it's still pretty good. Hell, even for bands where they're all still alive, it is never the same, anyway.

by the way, nobody else mentions Jerry's guitar in that clip?
                        David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
                        — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by damngoodtimes
                          Axl Rose

Who ??

Comment

• Satan
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

For the record, Layne is totally cool with the guys moving on. He told me that if anybody could have asked him to pick a replacement, Duvall would have been on his short list.
                            Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                            I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

• Satan
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Joey's doing OK down here. He's patched things up with DeeDee and Johnny, and they're playing the occasional show. They won't name an official drummer until either Tommy or Marky makes it down here, but Keith Moon sits in with them every once in a while. Now that's an interesting show!
                              Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                              I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

Working...