Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

I saw AIC on Saturday, and it was like a RELIGIOUS experience.

Duvall fits in very well - he doesn't try to dominate, or to be Layne, he just sings the songs. The band were crushingly heavy, note perfect, and oppressively melodic - outstanding.

They played a couple of curve balls too - What The Hell Have I, for instance.
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Golden AWe
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

In case there's someone who hasn't seen this...Phil Anselmo with AIC performing "Would?".

Pretty kewl version...beats the hell our of James Hetfield singing this back in the day

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-IJi7aQaySU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-IJi7aQaySU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
      Originally posted by Cato
      Golden, why are you FAT?
      Originally posted by lesfunk
      Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
      http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• HELLVIS
        Foot Soldier
        • Jul 2004

There was once a band called AC DC who's singer died. He was replaced, and they did just fine (I think)....Thanks to Brian Johnson millions of kids in the 90's also got to know Bon Scott.
        He throws a punch.
        He swings. I duck.
        His fat ass falls...
        Hey Sammy,you still SUCK!

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Golden AWe
          In case there's someone who hasn't seen this...Phil Anselmo with AIC performing "Would?".

Pretty kewl version...beats the hell our of James Hetfield singing this back in the day

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-IJi7aQaySU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-IJi7aQaySU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
          I was at this taping! They actually did Would? twice!
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Mr Walker
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

I know there probably aren't a lot of fans of exploitation TV here, but tonight's episode of Celebrity Rehab when Mike Starr came clean to Layne Staley's mom about being the last person to see him alive was pretty compelling.

Comment

• Golden AWe
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr Walker
              I know there probably aren't a lot of fans of exploitation TV here, but tonight's episode of Celebrity Rehab when Mike Starr came clean to Layne Staley's mom about being the last person to see him alive was pretty compelling.
              Can you tell me which season and which show? I might find it via dowload sites...I'm interested.
              Golden, why are you FAT?

Comment

• Mr Walker
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Can you tell me which season and which show? I might find it via dowload sites...I'm interested.
                It was the episode that aired last night... I'm sure if you go to the VH1 site and look for a Celebrity Rehab link you can watch the episode there.

During the begining of the season Mike would walk around telling everyone Layne was his best friend and I just thought he was a deluded junkie since he left/got kicked out of the band in 1992. I just assumed that Layne probably had nothing to do with him once he left the band. Then when they showed Layne's mom show up at a family get together along with Mike's mother I was like 'Damn... maybe these two did stay friends', but then when he went on to tell the story of being the last person to see Layne alive I was really surprised. He said Layne was pissed off at him because he was all fucked up on Benzos so Mike said fuck it I'm leaving. Then Mike said the last words he ever heard Layne say were 'Not like this, don't leave like this'. Layne's mom straight out asked him if he watched Layne die, but Mike said no. He left Layne's apartment and went to him Mom's house where he said he holed up in her basement for a two week black-out. One thing I've learned in dealing with addicts is that if their lips are moving... they are probably lying, so who really knows what the 'true' story is.
                Last edited by Mr Walker; 02-19-2010, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Golden AWe
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

Wow. The imdb lists only one show aired, so I'll look into the first episodes of the third season.

This is also interesting because my better half has dealt with addicts in her work. She might be interested too. And I don't mean "AWe+internet" when I talk about addicts

I also have some alcoholics in the relatives, or have had, some of them already passed away. It's sad to see someone you used to look up to piss in his/her pants just to get attention, and then cry for his misery.
                  Golden, why are you FAT?

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

GA, the episode is part of the current (3rd) season. Here is a link to the official site in order to watch complete episodes. I have to warn ya, I'm unsure if you'll be able to view the shows at this site outside of the continental United States, yet it's worth a shot.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Mr Walker
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

Check these links Awe...

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - Ex-ALICE IN CHAINS Bassist Talks About Death Of His 'Best Friend' LAYNE STALEY; Video Available

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - Ex-ALICE IN CHAINS Bassist MIKE STARR On 'Celebrity Rehab': Entire Sixth Episode Available

Comment

• Golden AWe
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Thank you both...and chef, I do have Hotspot Shield for NHL streams...it gives me a new IP identity for my undercover travels in the North America...
                        Golden, why are you FAT?

Comment

• Unchainme
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                          DuVall is a good singer, but they really should have changed the name of the band. Layne really was Alice in Chains, in the same way that Freddie was Queen. It's not anything against the other musicians, who have a right to earn a living. They just need to be a new band.
                          This. And with all due respect to Duvall, he is a great singer as well.

It's clear to see that they went with a different direction with the group, rather than hire one of the many Layne clones out there. Though that would have been like Van Halen hiring the lead singer of the Bullet Boys.
                          Last edited by Unchainme; 02-19-2010, 02:13 PM.
                          Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
                            GA, the episode is part of the current (3rd) season. Here is a link to the official site in order to watch complete episodes. I have to warn ya, I'm unsure if you'll be able to view the shows at this site outside of the continental United States, yet it's worth a shot.
                            Sure enough, the VH-1 cocksuckers sure as fuck can make you wait through the Clapton iphone whoring commercial. But refuse to show the thing outside the U.S. ....
                            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Mr Walker
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • Jan 2004

I hope Mike can latch onto a band and something good comes out of this for him.
                              He seems pretty fried, but after he detoxed, he seems like a really good kid... a bit of a simpleton, but a good kid nonetheless.

I liked the episode when he was dope sick and must have vomited up an oceans worth of puke on the floor next to his bed.

Comment

• Mr Walker
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

BTW... this Mike Starr is not the same Michael Starr who is fronting Steel Panther... LOL!

Comment

Working...