X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

I want to hire Dave for a bash!

This must be possible to do. Right? Or is that crazy. I want to hire him for the night to play to a small crowd of family and friends. Id pay for the band and Dave's travel and hotel stay and shit. But just Daves cost, How much you think it would send me back?
    Im serious about this.
    Weed, Beers and a party with Dave. How cool?
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"
  • Warham
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

I've heard of headline singers and groups charging in excess of 100k. I'm not sure Dave would command that anymore.

Who knows really. It will set you back though.

Comment

• lms2

Good Luck. I saw a site, don't remember exactly where now though, that said you could hire your favorite stars for starting at $10,000. David was listed on that site. I e-mailed the b-tch a couple of times but she never contacted me. The site form ask questions like what company you work for, what your title is, the date of your event...I did not give any specifics. One of the questions was what you wanted to hire him for and I said as a motivational speaker. Maybe you would get a different repsone.

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

Aha...William Morris Agency... I knew there was a site to do this. Thanks man.
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• rustoffa
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Jan 2004

Haha, reminds me of the story about some rock paper hiring him as a editorialist or some shit. Then they complained about him smoking all their pot and fucking the secretary.

Comment

• lms2

Be sure and let us know what you find out.

Comment

• Big Troubles
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Feb 2004

and here too..

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
                Haha, reminds me of the story about some rock paper hiring him as a editorialist or some shit. Then they complained about him smoking all their pot and fucking the secretary.
                LOL thats right too.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Feb 2004

Originally posted by lms2
                  Be sure and let us know what you find out.
                  I will. For sure. I emailed out to 2 of them.

Comment

• rustoffa
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
                    Here it is....
                    Complete debacle here

The end of the road

I have to say that we went into this with our eyes and hearts wide open. We offered what we considered was both a breath of fresh air and a chance at reconciliation to a dear friend. We were tentative at first, as was Dave, but I must say that, for a while, everything worked out fine. There was the initial blow up about not having any professional photographers on staff, and that our drug supply was not as good as the one at Rolling Stone, but these were small speed bumps in the parking lot we call Lies Magazine. Dave realized quickly that our resources were limited and began to adjust his attitude to this fact. We thought everything was fine.

As per our original agreement, we gave Dave a stack of CDs to review, asked him for ideas about what the next issue should look like, and had him write a letter to the readers (which appeared at the beginning of the magazine). Most of this time, I was not in the best of spirits. Coming off of my untimely demise, I was not having an easy time adjusting back to living life once again. Couple this with the fact that my death seemed to up the demands on my time, it was nice to know that Dave was taking over many aspects of the magazine which I find utterly mundane. While working on a coffee table book design (freelance gigs continue to pepper my life with change and needs for new computer equipment), I noticed that Dave had gone through a whole ounce of pot in about five days. Usually this takes us (the entire staff of Lies, which is about twenty people) two weeks. When I confronted him about this, Dave said he couldn't be bothered with "that shit" while Singled Out was on MTV. I would say that was the first sign our relationship was beginning to wear thin.

I then asked Lisa if she had any ideas to get Dave out of the beanbag chairs in our rec room and into working on the magazine. Dave and Lisa then holed up in a hotel room for three days, after which time, Dave seemed to think he had some kind of control over the rest of us. Actually, his control only extended to the sexual urges of Lisa. Which, while not a bad conquest, is not the controlling stock in the magazine. Soon after, Dave began to list out demands. I won't go into the particulars, but "breast augmentation for the female editors" was one of the them. Sorry Lisa.

Soon after, it became apparent that offering Diamond Dave the guest editor slot for this issue might have been a major mistake. He began talking about getting the band back together and going out on tour. When I told him that most of the members of Billy's Gun were either married or not interested in singing songs about getting laid anymore, he said we were all pussy-whipped. He and Lisa then hid out in a hotel room for another four days.

By this time, we had decided that the best thing to do was get the issue rolled into shape and worry about Dave whenever he deemed it time to reappear. Since many of you might have thought more of the Van Halen saga would be told in our magazine, here is what we found out through our conversations with the once-lead singer: Basically, the whole problem David Lee Roth had singing with Van Halen again goes back to an incident that occurred in late 1983. Eddie was drunk off his ass and playing jazz on the piano when Dave walked into the studio and announced to the greatly inebriated guitarist that the band would never be any fucking good as long as he [Eddie] insisted on drinking all the time. Dave apparently thought that the guitarist would get better (e.g. more creative) if he got stoned a lot and then coked up for the gigs.

Backstage at the 1996 MTV Music Awards, Dave brought this conversation up with Eddie, who has been sober for "a really fucking long time," apparently. Dave told us all he said was, "Remember when I told you that you were no good 'cause you were drunk all the time? Well, I was wrong, you're much better when you're drunk." After that, it was pretty much downhill.

So we bid Diamond Dave good-bye. For the record, he had a few good ideas, but mostly he smoked up all of our pot and had sex with one of our senior editors. The later is probably okay, since we don't see Lisa much anyway. Officially, Dave was fired from his post as guest editor. But we didn't want to make too much of a big deal about it, so we wrote him a nice recommendation for his next job--whatever that may be.

Comment

• lms2

BT maybe you should call Hitch. Didn't he say he is the man as far as Roth is concerned?

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

yeah well, Im not sure I believe EVERYTHING he says yet. LOL I will ask though.

Comment

• thefive

Just think about this. Sorry off the subject. In his new HBO comedy special Chris Rock is talking about money and the wealthy. He said "If Bill Gates woke up with Oprah's money he would jump out the window and cut his throat". LOL

Comment

• General Hina
                            Sniper
                            • Feb 2004

DLR is 10,000 plus travel expenses for a hour set.

General Hina

Comment

• lms2

BT from where do you hale? I say we should start a collection, find a central meeting place, get Dave's ass to the party and have our own no holds bar-b-q. We could serve up some grilled sheep!

Comment

Working...