X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

Ed solo must see in 83

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e-iIAl4xpCU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e-iIAl4xpCU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Give the bitch a rating and some details.

I'm hovering around a 6 or 7. For me it started out rough and rather dead. Sounded flat too for maybe a minute.

Then it picked up to an exciting pitch at 2:30 mark. The remainder is what you'd expect from Edward in every single solo going forward in his career, minus the major Van Hagar tour of Japan. (88?)
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

for me it's prob the last best solo he did. Some of this past tour showed great guitar work though.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• letsrock
      Veteran
      • Mar 2007

Nice, seen pieces of this before. Great find.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

Is this from Agentina?
        His speed picking is outstanding. Ed always seemed to enjoy tapping more than pickin.
        I wish it was the other way around..
        His vibrato is king!
        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • May 2004

Rehab can do wonders!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BSQJuHkmImE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54 abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BSQJuHkmImE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54 abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

I actually think his best sounding guitar was his 5150 Kramer and the rig that was going through. It was crunchier. I used to think all those speakers in his backline were putting out. LOL! I didn't know only three were working and one was miked for the PA. Shit that would rattle the fillings in your teeth on an E chord if all the shit was going.
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by deero
              Essentially the same solo/bag o' tricks. His riffs were cooler than his solos which, were 80% a lot of tapping--and kinda "gimmicky" after a while. Taptaptapwhammydivehorsesquealharmonicstaptapwhamm ywhammysqueal, repeat overandover......
              Pretty much. I like the pop and slap Mean Street stuff and Cathedral when done well is always nice but the solo stuff VH did got old. I would rather hear him tearing it up in a song and his solo is nothing but parts of VH songs he did.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                Rehab can do wonders!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BSQJuHkmImE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54 abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BSQJuHkmImE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54 abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                No shit. He still has the magic! Note: Cheap wine is not good for you. That Smoking Loon shit threw him for a loop. Turned him into a wino with holes in his boots, scraggly hair, rotten teeth. Sobriety, a new piece of ass, cosmetic dentistry did Ed wonders. I blame Val.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  I actually think his best sounding guitar was his 5150 Kramer and the rig that was going through.
                  Agreed. The tone he had in the LWAN solo spotlight was killer. Seems the rest of the night/era he was od'ing on chorus...

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  I used to think all those speakers in his backline were putting out. LOL! I didn't know only three were working and one was miked for the PA. Shit that would rattle the fillings in your teeth on an E chord if all the shit was going.
                  I was 2nd row, directly in front of him at the Fair Warning show at Maple Leaf Gardens back in '81. His stage volume was unbelievably loud. He almost drowning out the band from where I was sitting. I think he had a pair of cabs under the stage angled up at him through the grills in the stage. Loud as fuck!
                  I remember thinking his tone was very clean, for a distorted Marshall.
                  Identical to the tone he had in this video...
                  <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1b7mRIdAD48&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd 311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1b7mRIdAD48&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd 311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Comment

• jero
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jan 2004

Thanks Big Troubles, It reminds me of good times!!!! (where have they gone?)

Comment

• Big Troubles
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by jero
                      Thanks Big Troubles, It reminds me of good times!!!! (where have they gone?)

those good times came with additives like cocaine, good booze and a furious passion to prove yourself.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by deero
                        Essentially the same solo/bag o' tricks. His riffs were cooler than his solos which, were 80% a lot of tapping--and kinda "gimmicky" after a while. Taptaptapwhammydivehorsesquealharmonicstaptapwhamm ywhammysqueal, repeat overandover......

of course...but keeping in mind he is a revolutionary in terms of guitar work. whether its the OVER saturation of guitar work or not. Like Hagars love for the word "love" or involving food in his songs....

Edward carved himself a spot in guitar history, it's pretty hard not to give the fans what they want, when they bought tix to see it...

But I agree. if you watch the 83 clip again, he was inventing and trying anew... Anything post 85-88 was "he's Ed, he's gonna tap some Eruption for us...."

I like to listen to the solos from CGTSNM and MWM to hear where his mind is at. Catherine is a good example of his frame of mind. All sustain.

Comment

• ELVIS
                          Banned
                          • Dec 2003

Yven Yngwie couldn't touch Edward back in the day...

Comment

• ELVIS
                            Banned
                            • Dec 2003

*even*

Comment

• hideyoursheep
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2007

Yngvie is a one-trick pony.

Comment

Working...