X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diamondsgirl
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

Old Movies

Just saw "Some Like it Hot" with Marilyn Monroe, Jack Lemmon, and Tony Curtis. I havent seen this movie in a long time and it reminded me how sometimes the simplest vintage classics are much more fun to watch than all the special effects of todays crap. Just the acting in general, was better back in the day. Even Marilyn Monroe was a better actress than some of the shitheads on the screen today.

There are certain movies, that just never get old. I think this is a good example as it is still pretty damn entertaining today.

“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Kinda like Maltese Falcon, or Casablanca. If I see they are on Turner Classic Movies (at least twice a year), I will watch them. Seen them both at least 40-50 times.

They never get old. Classics, for sure.

Comment

• Little Texan
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I've watched "It's A Wonderful Life" every year for the last few years around Christmas and it never gets old. I also like watching some old John Wayne movies as well. I picked up a 4 DVD set of John Wayne movies at Wal-mart a few weeks ago for $5, and the only movie I've watched from it so far is "McLintock", and it is a great film!

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

My fave scene with the Duke is in the Sons Of Katie Elder where a thug (played by George Kennedy) is dunking the undertaker into a water trough. John Wayne walks in, grabs an axe handle and BAM! busts George Kennedy's face with it!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
          I've watched "It's A Wonderful Life" every year for the last few years around Christmas and it never gets old. I also like watching some old John Wayne movies as well. I picked up a 4 DVD set of John Wayne movies at Wal-mart a few weeks ago for $5, and the only movie I've watched from it so far is "McLintock", and it is a great film!
          I have never seen this entire movie. It is one of Max's favorites and so it is on our "things to do" this Christmas season.
          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• diamondsgirl
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
            My fave scene with the Duke is in the Sons Of Katie Elder where a thug (played by George Kennedy) is dunking the undertaker into a water trough. John Wayne walks in, grabs an axe handle and BAM! busts George Kennedy's face with it!
            Nice!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

Has anyone ever seen the original "Out-of Towners" with Jack Lemmon and Sandy Dennis? I LMAO everytime I watch it!

The newer one sucks compared to the original.

Comment

• Little Texan
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                I have never seen this entire movie. It is one of Max's favorites and so it is on our "things to do" this Christmas season.
                If you're talking about "It's A Wonderful Life", then I was like you up until 5 or so years ago. I had never watched it all the way through, only seeing bits and pieces through the years and thinking it was just some old boring movie. Then one year I forced myself to sit and watch it all the way through, and I couldn't believe what a great movie it was! It instantly became one of my favorites, and has probably the most replay value of any movie. The only thing that really nags me about it is that Mr. Potter didn't get his in the end, but SNL took care of that a few years back!

Last edited by Little Texan; 11-23-2009, 08:17 PM.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                  Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Has anyone ever seen the original "Out-of Towners" with Jack Lemmon and Sandy Dennis? I LMAO everytime I watch it!

The newer one sucks compared to the original.
                  Burke's rule: Everything sucks compared to the original

Oh dear.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
                    Burke's rule: Everything sucks compared to the original
                    true.

the original "Psycho" is 1,000 times better than the remake. Even though it is in black and white and doesnt "show" anything scary, it still scares the crap out of me.

(although Vince Vaughn is hot in the remake...lol)

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Kinda like Maltese Falcon, or Casablanca. If I see they are on Turner Classic Movies (at least twice a year), I will watch them. Seen them both at least 40-50 times.

They never get old. Classics, for sure.
                      I finally saw the Maltese Falcon last year and was a bit disappointed.

I didn't believe the central relationship, that Spade and Brigid were so deeply in love yet only knew each other for a day.

All this and yet we are led to assume there wasn't even a blow job to seal the deal never mind anal.

Maybe I'm an old cynic...
                      Last edited by Seshmeister; 11-24-2009, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Grapes of Wrath.

The classic movie.

Originally posted by Kristy
                        Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                        Originally posted by cadaverdog
                        I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

A lot of movies today seem like they were written by the marketing department more than an artist. Regarding the special effects, when it's all computer modeling it looks like a video game. I don't like that either. You still have to have some real modeling and set building and then use computer animation to enhance that. Pure animation sucks unless that is what you are going for in an obvious format.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

true.

the original "Psycho" is 1,000 times better than the remake. Even though it is in black and white and doesnt "show" anything scary, it still scares the crap out of me.

(although Vince Vaughn is hot in the remake...lol)
                            I love those old Hitchcock movies and yes, psycho still psycs people out. It must have scared the shit out of people in the day it came out.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

John Wayne used to live on the marina in Newport Beach, California where our family used to have a place when I was a kid. I got to meet him. He was eating with his wife at the next table at a local resturaunt. He was exactly what you saw on the screen but it was weird to see him in a hawaiian shit, shorts, and tennis shoes.

Comment

Working...