X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Closely Watched Trains it is.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
      Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
      Just watched "A Christmas Carol" from 1938 with my daughter. I hadn't seen this version in quite some time. I wonder how many adaptations, remakes and take-offs there are of this story. Dozens, probably. And I'll bet none of the movies are as good as the book by Charles Dickens.

I like an obscure made for TV version starring George C. Scott.

Also like a version of the Nutcracker with Baryshikov and Kirkland - believe it was made for CBS - although both of them hated it A LOT

Oh dear.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Imapus_Sylicker
        Nah, that's today's romantic comedies.

Don't watch those, you'll get a blurry pinkish vision of the world, and become subject to depressions.

It's all about the Falcon. Monees, and stuff. Sam is playing off the cuff, controlling the game with the cards everyone else deals him. If he gets the girl, it ain't for living happily ever after.

They just don't make movies like that anymore.

Cheers! :bottle:
        never saw MF...sounds hot!

will check it out
        “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• ZahZoo
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Imapus_Sylicker
          It's all about the Falcon. Monees, and stuff. Sam is playing off the cuff, controlling the game with the cards everyone else deals him. If he gets the girl, it ain't for living happily ever after.

They just don't make movies like that anymore.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zSd_MCIIKNk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zSd_MCIIKNk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Anonymous
            Banned
            • May 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
            <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zSd_MCIIKNk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zSd_MCIIKNk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
            Man, that was so fucked up.

But there you go, no love story there, at least not one that ends with "and they lived happily ever after".

Money. Builds dreams, and shatters them. 'T's all there is to it.

Still one of the best movies ever.

Comment

• Anonymous
              Banned
              • May 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
              never saw MF...sounds hot!

will check it out
              Please do, you'll be doing yourself a favour. You'll get sucked right into the story. But DO NOT watch Zahzoo's video first, or it'll ruin it for you.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qh_fUMgFomk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qh_fUMgFomk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Got to see this version of "Christmas Carol" just to watch Marley's jaw drop open......

Oh dear.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Jan 2004

My favorite old movies are Back to the Future and Spaceballs.
                  I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Little Texan
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
                    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qh_fUMgFomk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qh_fUMgFomk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Got to see this version of "Christmas Carol" just to watch Marley's jaw drop open......
                    George C. Scott was the best Ebenezer Scrooge, IMO.

Comment

• Susie Q
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

I adore Lucille Ball and she made only a handful of non-comedy movies. One of them is a 1947 movie called "Lured".

Lucille Ball is an American taxi-dancer living in London whose roommate has disappeared. The missing girl had left to answer a job offer in the "personal" column of the Times...just like several other women who've vanished without a trace. Scotland Yard detective George Zucco suggests that Ball answer the personals herself in hopes trapping the killer. She crosses the paths of several eccentrics, including deranged artist Boris Karloff, who for a brief time is the prime suspect. The actual culprit, a sex murderer, is the least likely and most helpful of Ball's contacts -- a fact that she learns almost too late.

YouTube - Lured (Lucille Ball) 1/11

I try like hell to keep things all fluffy bunnies and pink daisies. But brutal truth smacks me in the ass all the time.
                      ~Susie Q 2009

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                        My favorite old movies are Back to the Future and Spaceballs.
                        There was a gag like this in the movie "Monster-in-law" (Which I watched because I had one) where Jane Fonda asked some blonde bubblehead what her favorite movies were and she says "Oh I like to watch the old movies - Legally Blonde, legally blonde 2"

Oh dear.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

The best old movie of all time, IMO, and my favorite movie ever is the Wizard of Oz. I have to see this move at least once a year, sometimes more.

I was in heaven, last year, snuggying on the couch with Max in a down comforter, watching the Wizard of Oz.

“Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Dr. Love
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Shoes, Sensible
                            There was a gag like this in the movie "Monster-in-law" (Which I watched because I had one) where Jane Fonda asked some blonde bubblehead what her favorite movies were and she says "Oh I like to watch the old movies - Legally Blonde, legally blonde 2"
                            yes, but I was only 5 when those movies came out, I believe
                            I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Back in the late 80s/early 90s they came out with the 50th anniversary edition of "Wizard Of Oz".

They had a documentary on the making of it on cable.

The film is SO good I found it hard to conceive of there being any kind of "behind-the-scenes" at all....I mean, you get so into the story, it is hard think of it as "fiction".

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                                Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                                yes, but I was only 5 when those movies came out, I believe
                                Once again, proving my point that you are too young

Oh dear.

Comment

Working...