X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BARE BONE
    Foot Soldier
    • Mar 2004

VAN HALEN: Dress Rehearsal Report Posted Online

MelodicRock.com has posted an first-hand report from a fan that attended VAN HALEN's final dress rehearsal for their upcoming tour on Tuesday (June 1) at Sony studios in Los Angeles. Rob Golenberg's review of the "show" reads as follows:

"Just got home from the VAN HALEN dress rehearsal at Sony studios in LA. What a show. They did the whole show and it rocked. Set is cool. Opened with 'Jump' and did a total of five [David Lee Roth]-era tunes (including 'Somebody Get Me A Doctor'). During Eddie's solo, [son] Wolfgang comes out and plays with him. Two-hour show which will not disappoint! A must-see when they go out."

VAN HALEN's reunion tour with Sammy Hagar gets underway June 11 in Greensboro, North Carolina. The group's first new material since 1998's "Van Halen III" will come in the shape of the upcoming "Best of Both Worlds" retrospective, due July 20 via Warner Bros.
    Everytime I think I've reached the buttom someone hands me a shovel.
  • kennyboy
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

Somebody Get Me A Doctor

!?!?!

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Spam's really gonna butcher that one.

http://www.npr.org/911hearings/image...pr/memo600.jpg

Comment

• POJO_Risin
      Roth Army Caesar
      • Mar 2003

I can't believe they are playing Roth tunes...

figures it's opening here in North Carolina...

2 hour show...I'd rather see Wolfgang out there by himself playing the harp...
      "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• knuckleboner
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

man, that's gotta just KILL sammy that after 8 years, the so-called reunion of van hagar has to open up with a dave tune.

Comment

• famac
          Roadie
          • Mar 2004

The set list is full of Sammy pop-rock tripe

Comment

• lztom
            Head Fluffer
            • Mar 2004

It's Michael Anthony who sings SGMAD. Mercifully, it looks like they've chosen not to butcher any new classic Van Halen; its the usual spudnuts collection.
            It's funny how the Van Hagar tools claim both eras are equally good but are then openly salivating at the prospect of ONE classic VH tune being played. Nobody's bemoaning the lack on 'In and Out' or 'Black and Blue'.

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by kennyboy
              Somebody Get Me A Doctor

!?!?!

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Spam's really gonna butcher that one.

Actually Michael sings lead vocals on that one and he does a damn good job of it. There's a video clip of him singing it on the III tour and it actually sounded better than Dave did back in the day.
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• lztom
                Head Fluffer
                • Mar 2004

Who in their fucking right mind wants to see Edward's chubby son on stage????

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                  Actually Michael sings lead vocals on that one and he does a damn good job of it. There's a video clip of him singing it on the III tour and it actually sounded better than Dave did back in the day.
                  Yeah right...

I have the clip...

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                    Veteran
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by BARE BONE
                    MelodicRock.com has posted an first-hand report from a fan that attended VAN HALEN's final dress rehearsal for their upcoming tour on Tuesday (June 1) at Sony studios in Los Angeles. Rob Golenberg's review of the "show" reads as follows:

"Just got home from the VAN HALEN dress rehearsal at Sony studios in LA. What a show. They did the whole show and it rocked. Set is cool. Opened with 'Jump' and did a total of five [David Lee Roth]-era tunes (including 'Somebody Get Me A Doctor'). During Eddie's solo, [son] Wolfgang comes out and plays with him. Two-hour show which will not disappoint! A must-see when they go out."

VAN HALEN's reunion tour with Sammy Hagar gets underway June 11 in Greensboro, North Carolina. The group's first new material since 1998's "Van Halen III" will come in the shape of the upcoming "Best of Both Worlds" retrospective, due July 20 via Warner Bros.
                    The very LEAST they could do was have Michael Anthony do lead vocals on ALL Roth songs. But then again, that would require the VH Bros. to behaving reasonable, something they haven't done since 1985.
                    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                    http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• Don Corleone
                      Veteran
                      • May 2004

During Eddie's solo, [son] Wolfgang comes out and plays with him.
                      Michael's Jacksons influence lives
                      Roth Army Militia

Comment

• Sarge
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Sammy opening with Jump..
                        That guy cannot escape Roth's shadow.

I bet if a condition of the reunion was for him to sing only Roth era songs for the reunion tour he would have bit.

Dave will never sing any of Sammy's songs..
                        But Sammy will always have to sing Dave songs..
                        ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
                        The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
                        [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

And give me a break about Michael Anthony sounding better than Dave back in the day...that's total horseshit...

don't give Michael credit for anything more than he is...a brown-nosin', coat riding, decent bass player...who sings like he has no balls...and should be a backround singer...

anything more than that is...well...

uncivilized...

Sammy's a bitch...by the way...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• lms
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Apr 2004

I think Dave would sing Spammy songs just to show folks how it is done.

They would not let Mike sing all classic VH songs cause that would be giving him too much open attention-couldn't do that,lessens controlability.

Wolfgang might be of the slightest bit of interest. The hope of the future?
                            "Remember, life is just a game and no one gets out alive"

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                              Now I would agree that Mikey did a good job and it was the highlight of the VDIII tour. But better than Dave? Not a chance
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...