• Show
Clear All
  • Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

SAMMY HAGAR on new VAN HALEN music

SAMMY HAGAR on new VAN HALEN music - Mar. 15, 2010
    from BLABBERMOUTH.NET

Ex-VAN HALEN lead singer Sammy Hagar was recently interviewed during rehearsals for a few upcoming concert dates at his Cabo Wabo club by his band CHICKENFOOT, which consists of former VAN HALEN bass-player Michael Anthony, current RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS drummer Chad Smith and guitar-hero Joe Satriani and made a few comments concerning the current state of his former band.

"I heard Eddie and Alex have been holed up in the studio laying down some music," Hagar states, "but that they were having a hard time getting it together, which kind of surprises me."

Hagar clearly has no problem displaying his negative attitude concerning his predecessor/replacement singer, David Lee Roth.

"Roth apparently won't come to the studio because he can't sing anymore. This is what a friend told me who used to be my guitar tech. Apparently Roth came in once to sing, claimed he didn't like the material and then went home. But apparently he just couldn't sing the melodies the band wanted him to sing. Who needs to hear it? If they ask me to come down there, I'll do it in a heartbeat, just to show Dave who's better. But I won't get on stage with them again."

Discussing the band's much hyper reunion tour with Roth: "Dave was apparently acting like a diva the whole tour, refusing to do sound checks, not interacting with the rest of the band. This is something I would never do. The man's impossible, which is a shame because if he were to apply his limited Vegas talent to a new album with Eddie, it could be pretty good."

Anthony chimed in during the interview, commenting: "I do not miss playing with those guys. Those last five...uh...ten years with the band were all about ego and anger."

Referring to three new VAN HALEN tracks recorded for a 2004 compilation called BEST OF BOTH WORLDS, Hagar comments: "Those songs we did with Eddie and Alex before the tour were the best thing the band had done for years. They were better than their Cherone material and far, far, far better than the two sad songs they did with Dave when I quit. They even stole one of those new Dave songs from me. I wrote it."

VAN HALEN had one of the highest-grossing tours of 2007 and 2008 when they reunited with Roth and had Edward Van Halen's song, Wolfgang, replacing Anthony on bass. Hagar: "I didn't see the tour. Why should I? It was a joke. Michael wasn't there. It had none of the togetherness we had when we toured in 2004, and I heard from a few friends that went that Dave didn't remember most of the words and couldn't hit the high notes. Our tour was better. It sold slightly better, though Azoff's money-machine blew up inflated figures for the Roth tour, and fans went home happier for the tour I did because they got to hear the whole Van Halen catalog...not just six albums."

CHICKENFOOT will be playing two special shows for fans on April 23 and 24 at Hagar's club in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.
  • negative
    Groupie
    • Dec 2007

Heh... Classic!

Comment

• VanHalener
      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Awwww did someone take wittle Sammy's binky away again? Awww poor wittle fella!

What I want to know is how they can understand Bette when he always has a mouth full of sheep balls.

~Amazing~
      ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

i think those hagar fans are up to something, could be a fake.
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Rikk

Referring to three new VAN HALEN tracks recorded for a 2004 compilation called BEST OF BOTH WORLDS, Hagar comments: "Those songs we did with Eddie and Alex before the tour were the best thing the band had done for years. They were better than their Cherone material and far, far, far better than the two sad songs they did with Dave when I quit. They even stole one of those new Dave songs from me. I wrote it."

SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Excessive consumption of Cabo Wabo Tequila® is known to cause massive hallucinations.

Geezus, Hagar..... you are truly delusional, aren't you.

I remember what this assclown said in 1996, during the phone call when Eddie fired him. "If what you and Roth are doing is better than what we did, I'll blow both of you".

I'd say the Ched Rocker still owes a couple of blowjobs. Though I don't expect Dave or Eddie to hold him to that.
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2007

HOT SULPHUR SPRINGS, Colo.—Like many Americans, Jon and Laura Hagar are searching for a lender to refinance their home loan. But banks are leery of the Hagars. Their rural Colorado house is made of 17,000 old tires.

Environmentally Friendly Homes Attract Wariness From Banks Making Mortgage Loans - WSJ.com

i think cabo wabo was built by the same constuction crew. this hagar family is really forward thinkin'
            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• VanHalener
              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

There is only one way to stop starvation around the world.
              Pipe Hagar's music into every tv and radio around the world and everyone will lose their appetites.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

well there isnt any new VH material so who knows? Sham didnt see the tour so why does he even comment. He's obviously jealous of the tour sales.

Dave sounded pretty good all tour- I dont encourage him to yelp anymore than he has too. But Im sure his voice is fine.

If his voice was any worse than it is he'd be in a fuckn gay ass named band like ChikenFoot. Like fuckn really.... The most important thing to remember here, is that everyone has "ex" attached to their name. There's usually a good fuckn reason.
                "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                  Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Ford said it all. Delusional.

Oh dear.

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
                    "Those songs we did with Eddie and Alex before the tour were the best thing the band had done for years...far, far, far better than the two sad songs they did with Dave when I quit. They even stole one of those new Dave songs from me. I wrote it."
                    Positively brilliant.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                      could be a fake.
                      Ya think?

lol
                      ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                      Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
                        Ya think?

lol
                        i do, i do

Comment

• VanHalener
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Mike would pull his hand out of Sam's pants, pack his bag, and Haul ass if Ed called him. Spam would pull the anal beads out of his arse along with the two rabbits, a gopher, and four gerbils and start pouting if Mike slpit. "I suck, I'm all alone, and nobody's here to put the gopher, four gerbils, and the rabbit back up my gaping arse", he would cry.

"But I was in Van Halen" (sobbing)

"I must really suuuuuck". (hysterical crying)

Comment

• thome
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Mar 2005

GREAT...Zombie Hagar Rises Again !

However, I do find it really great that Ed is finally back in the studio...... laying down some music.

GREAT!

I also heard that new kid from Idol will be fronting the new VH tour. Doesn't matter wich one they have all been winners it's GREAT!

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Why is this bullshit in main again?
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...