KFC Double Down: A Very Special Food Review.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blackflag
    Banned
    • Apr 2006

KFC Double Down: A Very Special Food Review.

The greatest advancement to sandwich technology ever.

Discuss.

• Dan
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Kiwi Fried Chicken Down Here.
    First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Nothing like extremely greasy hands with nothing to wipe them on, particularly while driving. Put it on a kaiser or toasted onion roll with some lettuce, onion, dill pickles and a blue cheese dressing. Then we'll talk.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

I think it's an awesome sandwich and I can't wait to try one. It will just suck when they can't sell them anymore because some Mom lets her son eat 8 per day and get fat. Until then, fucking kudos to KFC.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Little Texan
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I call it a coronary waiting to happen. That CANNOT be very good for you. Fried Bacon and cheese between two pieces of fried chicken...are they trying to kill people?

Comment

• Little Texan
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

It probably tastes awesome, but you know the better something tastes the worse it is for you.

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
              Nothing like extremely greasy hands with nothing to wipe them on, particularly while driving. Put it on a kaiser or toasted onion roll with some lettuce, onion, dill pickles and a blue cheese dressing. Then we'll talk.

NO!!!

If you need it wrapped, it should be wrapped in more bacon, then a slice of ham, topped off by some roast beef. If you don't have a napkin, use your damn Levis like everyone else. This isn't a meal served at the Yacht Club when you are hob obbing with potential clients. This is a greasy, tasty, just plain awesome sammich for grubbing on a Saturday afternoon.

There is a correct time & place for etiquette foods, and a time & place for grub. This is grub.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Blackflag
                Banned
                • Apr 2006

Who needs bread now that we're using chicken breasts for bread? Fucking brilliant.

It has that little paper sleeve that protects your hands from the grease (for about 2 seconds). But it wouldn't matter anyways, because the cheese and special sauce would pop out of the bread and get on your hands, anyways.

Comment

• Blackflag
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by sadaist
                  no!!!

If you need it wrapped, it should be wrapped in more bacon, then a slice of ham, topped off by some roast beef. If you don't have a napkin, use your damn levis like everyone else. This isn't a meal served at the yacht club when you are hob obbing with potential clients. This is a greasy, tasty, just plain awesome sammich for grubbing on a saturday afternoon.

There is a correct time & place for etiquette foods, and a time & place for grub. This is grub.
                  yes!..

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Little Texan
                    I call it a coronary waiting to happen. That CANNOT be very good for you. Fried Bacon and cheese between two pieces of fried chicken...are they trying to kill people?

Then don't eat forty of them. Geez. If you get one of these every couple of weeks and live a fairly healthy lifestyle, it won't hurt you. I mean really. How often do you actually go to KFC? As much as I love it, I probably honestly only go maybe once every 6-8 weeks. So having one of these every month or two isn't going to hurt a thing.

Comment

• chefcraig
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Apr 2004

NO!!!
                      If you need it wrapped, it should be wrapped in more bacon, then a slice of ham, topped off by some roast beef. If you don't have a napkin, use your damn Levis like everyone else. This isn't a meal served at the Yacht Club when you are hob obbing with potential clients. This is a greasy, tasty, just plain awesome sammich for grubbing on a Saturday afternoon.

I'm not speaking of the mores and attitudes of fine dining. All I'm saying is this is a greasy mess that still looks like a choke-dry sandwich. Without some sauce and lettuce to get it down your throat, the entire concept seems to be uncomfortable, no matter what the dining situation might be.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Blackflag
                        Banned
                        • Apr 2006

There's special sauce on it Craig.

Comment

• sadaist
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jul 2004

still looks like a choke-dry sandwich. Without some sauce and lettuce to get it down your throat, the entire concept seems to be uncomfortable, no matter what the dining situation might be.
                          If it looks too dry for you, order a side of gravy for dipping. AWESOME!

Comment

• Blackflag
                            Banned
                            • Apr 2006

Then don't eat forty of them. Geez. If you get one of these every couple of weeks and live a fairly healthy lifestyle, it won't hurt you. I mean really. How often do you actually go to KFC? As much as I love it, I probably honestly only go maybe once every 6-8 weeks. So having one of these every month or two isn't going to hurt a thing.
                            But the funny thing is - it has the same nutrition/calories/fat as a Big Mac, because it's chicken.

Comment

• Blackflag
                              Banned
                              • Apr 2006

If it looks too dry for you, order a side of gravy for dipping. AWESOME!
                              You've made me run out of thanks. Great minds think alike.

Comment

Working...