• Show
Clear All
  • Antman
    Commando
    • Jan 2004

VH Info at Melodicrock

We'll see.

VAN HALEN - POSSIBLE LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL?:
    It's been a while since I reached out to one of my best sources of Van Halen info over the years, but it had to be done. And I got the information I was hoping for - independent confirmation from a long time source I trust that Van Halen are indeed working towards finishing recording of a long awaited new studio album with David Lee Roth, set for release sometime in the first half of 2011. A single is slated for release before the end of this year, but exact timing still remains very much up in the air. I'm told the relationship between Eddie and Dave remains as complex as ever, but there is a definite desire to get a new record completed.

Incidentally - I'm told that Santana will cover the Van Halen classic Dance The Night Away on his next album of tracks featuring different singers (no word on the vocalist). It was suggested to me that Eddie would apparently still like to pursue this idea one day. I'm sure you'll remember that little nugget coming to light via one of my reports nearly a decade ago now. Stay tuned as always...
    When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Hmmm...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Good news Antman!
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Antman
        Incidentally - I'm told that Santana will cover the Van Halen classic Dance The Night Away on his next album of tracks featuring different singers (no word on the vocalist). It was suggested to me that Eddie would apparently still like to pursue this idea one day. I'm sure you'll remember that little nugget coming to light via one of my reports nearly a decade ago now. Stay tuned as always...
        No, I remember that "little nugget" coming from just about every interview Edward Van Halen gave around the time Hagar joined the band. The fact that this twit might have mentioned it some twenty years later only points to the dubious validity of his so-called news gathering skills, which apparently only extend to rewriting rumors (current or not) posted at other fan sites.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

A single by end of year would be a treat to say the least.... here's to keeping hope alive...
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Well...I would like to know who "I" is.

And if the source is trusted and legit, why not name it? We're over halfway through the year. If a new single is imminent before year's end, then the info. should be solid and the source confident enough to identify themselves.

A little too broad and generic to satisfy me, but my appetite is slightly whetted.

There's a reason it's also been known as Melodic "crock"....
            Originally posted by perilouspete
            fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

As usual, nothing but silence from Howdy Doody Mountain, with occasional rumours that don't mean shit.

WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!??!?!?!

STUPID GODDAMNABLE FUCKING VH BROTHERS!!!!

FUCKING GIVE YOUR MOTHERFUCKING FANS A BREAK!

THIS IS FUCKING BEYOND STUPID!!!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Oh great. We are going back to the late 90's with Melodicrock rumors. About the time when the buzz was Y2K was going to crash everything and 9/11 was something that fortunately didn't exist yet.
                No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
                  As usual, nothing but silence from Howdy Doody Mountain, with occasional rumours that don't mean shit.

WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!??!?!?!

STUPID GODDAMNABLE FUCKING VH BROTHERS!!!!

FUCKING GIVE YOUR MOTHERFUCKING FANS A BREAK!

THIS IS FUCKING BEYOND STUPID!!!!
                  Let's see, didn't they do the same in 1996? They brought Dave out and then fucked the fans. I doubt we will ever see the new album but hey, the new Wolfgangs are out so buy one.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Van Halen is like laying in bed waiting for the cute girl you are about to fuck to come out of the bathroom naked and jump in the sack with you. You wait and you wait and then you find out she climbed out the window and bolted.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

That is most likely the BEST description I have ever seen of VH vs. The VH Fans.

Comment

• Catfish
                        Sniper
                        • Jan 2004

A new Van Halen album due out in a year with DLR singing!

YAY!

Comment

• vaijuju
                          Sniper
                          • Jan 2008

Just a year waiting i can! and 4 months for the single! Cool!
                          http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• jero
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Same as ever, happy with nothing.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              Van Halen is like laying in bed waiting for the cute girl you are about to fuck to come out of the bathroom naked and jump in the sack with you. You wait and you wait and then you find out she climbed out the window and bolted.

Or, by the time she finally comes out she is old & fat and you don't wanna fuck her anyways.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...