X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kristy
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Kiss Alive III (Drunken Nonsense Rant)

KISS fact! Thanks to there being some money in selling out only half of the original members of KISS are still in the band. Just like Napalm Death and Herman’s Hermits. (Oh, Ace! What have they done to your legacy?)

Once upon a time there was an annoying little prog rock band called Genesis (who had a frightfully common little prematurely balding drummer called Phil). Genesis were experts in auto-proctological prog rock. And they made a lot of dim people – who all stank of black opiated hash and patchouli – feel very, very clever.Then along came punk rock and punk rock killed Genesis. But then along came KISS. And they said – “I want to rock and roll all night and party every day”. And they did. They fucking did. The bastards. As to what happened next, I don’t know and, frankly, I don’t fucking care.

What matters is that they have yet another live CD out. Only it really isn't all that live. Nor is it all that new. Oh joy. I mean look at the cover. A montage of what looks like ego penis in a cliche stage background. Dead clever Dead original. Dead return to the 1970’s. Dead arty. Dead. It could be a fat kid with an apple in his mouth for all I care. On a spit. Dripping gravy. Umm, sorry, what were we talking about?

Oh fuck, I'm only 15 seconds into track one (something about creatures..?) It feels like hours. No, sorry, that’s it. Off come the headphones. I’ve heard enough. It’s exactly what you’d expect from a Genesis tribute band. Which is cool. If you’re a patchouli reeking fool. Which isn’t cool. Is it? (I mean I’ve thrown the CD Walkman across the room into the dirty laundry basket and I can still hear it. Squeaking through the headphones, evilly.

KISS why are you still here? It’s not as if you get “rediscovered” every few years. I mean what the fuck could possibly still be keeping you alive? (And Frank Black out of The Pixies, if you’re reading this, you useless fat fuck, that goes for you too, OK?)

Person 1: Have you heard that live album by KISS? Alive III?

Person 2: Yes, it's fucking shit.

Person 1: Yes, but they do sing 'Rock and roll all night partry every day' like they did on the first live album.

Person 2: Yes, that’s kind of interesting.

You know one of the really funny things about music journalism is that the bands you slag off ALWAYS claim not to be upset about what you say about them. Oh no. “It’s what he said about my/our fans that upset me/us”. No names, no packdrill. But isn’t that right, Paul Stanley? Isn’t that right, Beautiful South? Yeah, milk it, KISS, milk it. Make like the evil wasp, baby. Paralyze your victims with your vicious sting. Liquefy their internal organs with your deadly venom. Then suck ‘em out through your trembling proboscis. Everything – and I do mean everything - which belongs to KISS fans should, in an ideal world, belong to KISS. Including their skins. So sayeth the Lord (and meanwhile, in the dirty laundry basket, it’s still squeaking!)
    Last edited by Kristy; 01-05-2011, 09:12 PM.
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

KISS started in 1972.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AfHuwx76zW0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AfHuwx76zW0?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Kristy
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

Yay, KISS!

So when did Genesis start? Like 1969 or something.

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Punk started in 1974 with The Ramones.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RdyEEk5WrrI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RdyEEk5WrrI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The British Kids just copied it and sold it back to us. Much like rock and roll was invented here and the British copied it and sold it back to us.

Interesting enough KISS and The Ramones started in New York City and both bands were influenced by the New York Dolls. KISS happened two years before punk but the British got the most attention due to the crazy assed Sex Pistols. I remember walking through Picadilly in London in 1978 with my parents and my mom being so horrified at all those nasty looking punk kids.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Holly shit. Genesis started in 1967. To be honest, I thought they were just one of those 80's bands. Only one original member of The Ramones is still alive. All of KISS's original members are still alive. We don't give a rat's ass about whether Phil Collins is still alive.

When I was in 6th grade all the kids had huge KISS posters plastered all over their bedrooms with Alive I or Alive II blasting on some ratty record player. We bought into the whole spitting blood and spitting fire thing hook line and sinker. At the time I thought we would have flying cars by 2011 and Gene and Paul would be in a nursing home by now.
          Last edited by Nitro Express; 01-05-2011, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• SparkieD
            Veteran
            • Sep 2006

The rant may very well be drunken, but it ain't nonsense.
            Originally posted by Tiki-Tom You're one classy tattooed bombshell in my book.
            Originally posted by rustoffa
            Three words. WE WERE THERE.

Comment

• Kristy
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Just a little bit nonsense..?

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • May 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                [img]
                KISS why are you still here?
                Like 'em or not, they are still going because of their fans and nobody else. Sure they hope to pick up new ones along the way, by hook or by crook. What band doesn't want to increase their fanbase?
                It simply equals money, and KI$$ is all about money. Plain and simple. Gene Simmon$ makes no bones about it.
                They know how valuable their legacy is and are smart enough to capitalize on it. It's the American way.
                Van Halen should follow their example... Open the vaults, clean up the footage and sell it to the fans, ffs!

Ed is still in his little fantasy world up on 51fitty mountain where he actually believes VH is as realevent in the music world as they were in 1984. Where as Gene knows the score. KI$$ is just here to give their fans what they want. Their fans wanted that vintage footage and they gave it to them.
                No shame in that at all...
                (I actually respect them for that...)

Kristy, you're sounding a little krusty these days with all the hate threads. You alright?
                Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

This is somewhat confusing. Is this a rant about KISS Alive III? If so, it was released way back in 1993. Since then, the band has put out 4 more live albums and a series of "instant" live CDs called Alive 35. In addition, the group has released several live DVDs, including the three volume KISSOLOGY sets. So why focus on Alive III?

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Jagermeister
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I treat KISS like Van Halen. Listen to the shit you like and forget the rest. i.e . Van Halen with Roth. Old original KISS.

P.S. Cold Gin is a kick ass tune.

Comment

• indeedido
                      Veteran
                      • Feb 2004

Alive III? Your rant is about 18 years too late.

That turd isn't even remotely in my KISS rotation. I'd rather listen to Sonic Boom than that.
                      This space for rent.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Kristy
                        Just a little bit nonsense..?
                        I don't want to listen to it to find out so I'll just take your word for it.

At the end of the day they're just entrepreneurs, not really motivated by music or improving at it.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                          Veteran
                          • Jun 2005

So....what are you wearing when you go on these drunken rants?
                          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
                            So....what are you wearing when you go on these drunken rants?
                            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Jagermeister
                              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Comment

Working...