X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Stern you MOTHERFUCKER!!!

What, $500 million not enough for you? Well guess what, I'm selling my Sirius-XM shares cocksucker! But don't worry, I'm glad I made a 90% profit off your sorry ass. :fucku2:

Stern sues Sirius over bonus pay for subscribers

Stern sues Sirius XM over bonuses due for exceeding subscriber targets

On Tuesday March 22, 2011, 5:58 pm EDT

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Howard Stern and his agent are suing Sirius XM Radio Inc. for failing to pay stock awards they say are due for helping it exceed subscriber growth targets on its way to becoming the dominant satellite radio service in the country.

The New York-based company, which just signed Stern to a second five-year contract, said it was "surprised and disappointed" at the suit and said it had lived up to the obligations of their previous deal.

In the suit filed Tuesday in the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Stern's production company, One Twelve Inc., and his agent Don Buchwald said that Sirius made an initial bonus stock award after Stern started in January 2006 but failed to do so over the subsequent four years.

The suit claims that Stern helped Sirius exceed its subscriber targets by at least 2 million subscribers in each year of the contract, triggering a new stock award each time.

It also said Stern put Sirius in a position to complete its 2008 acquisition of XM Satellite Radio Inc., which had also courted Stern years earlier.

Sirius had around 230,000 subscribers to XM's 1.3 million at the end of 2003. As of the end of December, the combined company had 20.2 million.

Buchwald and Stern were told last year by Sirius XM's general counsel, Richard Basch, that later bonus stock awards were not granted because the company did not include XM's subscriber base toward the total number of Sirius subscribers.

"When Sirius needed Stern, it promised him a share in any success that the company achieved," the suit said. "But now that Sirius has conquered its chief competitor and acquired more than 20 million subscribers, it has reneged on its commitment to Stern, unilaterally deciding that it has paid him enough."

The suit follows a public feud last year that preceded the end of his $500 million, five-year contract.

The bickering appeared to end when Stern, 57, announced on his weekday morning show in December that he had agreed to a new deal running through 2015, although terms were not disclosed.

Stern, whose show airs from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. Eastern time Monday through Thursday, freed himself from the confines of terrestrial radio on Dec. 16, 2005, after hosting a wildly popular show syndicated by a division of CBS Corp.

Sirius shares fell 6 cents, or 3.2 percent, to $1.65 in after-hours trading Tuesday after closing the regular session off a penny at $1.71.
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

Howard Stern is a thug. I would never trust that guy. I remember him saying he had no friends in the early days and just was obsessed about his radio show. He admits he's nuts and see's a therapist. Of course motivated, smart, nut jobs make great entertainment and Stern is one of a kind and I would be lying if I said listening to his show over the years didn't entertain me but the guy is a hawk. He's ruthless. That's his mindset and I totally get why he is suing. He really believes in his mind he is Sirius-XM. Glad to hear you made such a good profit margin. Now I wish I would have bought some shares. What turns Sterns crank is making his radio show a success and being the smart ass that gets away with what he wants to get away with. That's the guys fuel. He's a true pirate. The guy probably has a disturbed life outside of that.
    Last edited by Nitro Express; 03-23-2011, 04:24 PM.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Diamondjimi
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • May 2004

Baba Booey !
      Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• BITEYOASS
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
        Baba Booey !
        Well he's gonna be Baba Bumming down in Central Park sucking Crackhead Bob's cock if Stern decides to go through with biting the hand that feeds him. Causing XM-Sirius to go belly up. Which totally blows since I was gonna subscribe and listen to as much Detroit and Michigan State games as I pleased, without having to get some damn premium cable channel in order to watch them. Plus they have an all metal channel.

Comment

• lesfunk
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

All I have to say is that money will buy a pretty wife
          http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• BITEYOASS
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
            All I have to say is that money will buy a pretty wife
            And later be taken by a pretty wife when divorce time comes around.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

And now more fuel has been added to the fire:

Sirius XM Antitrust Lawsuit Approved for Class-Action Status

By Bob Van Voris and David Glovin - Mar 30, 2011 10:23 PM CT

In a complaint filed in 2009, the subscribers claimed that New York-based Sirius XM, the product of a 2008 merger between Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. and XM Satellite Holdings Inc., abused its monopoly power by illegally raising prices by almost 30 percent. Photographer: Daniel Acker/Bloomberg

Sirius XM Radio Inc. (SIRI), the biggest U.S. satellite-radio broadcaster, must face class-action claims in a lawsuit alleging antitrust violations, a federal judge ruled.

U.S. District Judge Harold Baer in Manhattan allowed the antitrust claims to proceed while dismissing claims filed under 20 state consumer-protection laws. In a separate order yesterday, Baer said the case may go forward on behalf of a nationwide group of Sirius XM subscribers.

In a complaint filed in 2009, the subscribers claimed that New York-based Sirius XM, the product of a 2008 merger between Sirius Satellite Radio Inc. and XM Satellite Holdings Inc., abused its monopoly power by illegally raising prices by almost 30 percent. The suit targets so-called music royalty fees that Sirius charges in addition to subscription fees.

The class of subscribers may number about 20 million, according to James Sabella, a lawyer who represents them. They’re seeking about $1 billion and a court order preventing Sirius XM from violating antitrust laws, which may require a freeze on future rate increases or the breakup of the company, he said today. A trial is set for May 2.

In the ruling yesterday, Baer certified a class of Sirius XM customers who since July 29, 2008, paid the music royalty fee, an increased monthly charge to activate more than one radio, or an Internet access fee.

Sirius ‘Heartened’

Patrick Reilly, a Sirius XM spokesman, said yesterday in an e-mailed statement that the company was “heartened” by the portions of the ruling in its favor.

“The surviving claims in this suit -- that the Sirius-XM merger lessened competition or led to a monopoly -- are matters that have already been passed upon by the United States Department of Justice and the Federal Communications Commission,” Reilly said. “With new competitors emerging almost daily, we continue to believe these claims are without merit and intend to vigorously defend this matter.”

The subscribers claim Sirius XM violated promises made to U.S. regulators before the merger.

“The assurances that Sirius XM officials provided to regulators in order to get the deal done in 2008 could not have been more clear,” Paul F. Novak, another lawyer for the plaintiffs, said today. “They promised lower prices and more choice, and once the deal was done, they immediately implemented the opposite of what they had promised.”

The case is Blessing v. Sirius XM Radio Inc., 09-cv-10035, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York (Manhattan).

To contact the reporters on this story: Bob Van Voris in New York federal court at rvanvoris@bloomberg.net; David Glovin in New York federal court at glovin@bloomberg.net.

To contact the editor responsible for this story: David E. Rovella at drovella@bloomberg.net.

-----------------------

Now I'm laughing all the way to the bank. Because SiriusXM went down 5% in share price and the stock I bought after I dumped that one has gone up 35% today!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

No wonder there are so many lawyers...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I bought a new car that came with a years worth of satellite radio. I was glad I was not paying for it since most the stations were garbage and I just found myself playing my own mp3's instead. I couldn't believe people actually paid money for the shit. For the most part, radio is just something you turn on to make background noise while you do something else.

Comment

• Blaze
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

So the block package of subscriptions that new car manufacturers bought were what raised the new subscriber levels and not exclusively stren?
                    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                    sigpic

Comment

• Nitro Express
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

Who knows. I bought a new car and it included a years worth of satellite radio. If you think about it, who goes out of their way to buy radio? It's an impulse media where you just turn it on. Who really plans their radio listening? It's something to make noise and make drive time less boring.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Stern's appeal was he was the guy who used the seven dirty words or got as close to them as possible without being thrown off the air. Nobody else had his balls because most people are wimps and won't put their paycheck on the line for a dream.

Comment

• Blaze
                          Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                          Who knows. I bought a new car and it included a years worth of satellite radio. If you think about it, who goes out of their way to buy radio? It's an impulse media where you just turn it on. Who really plans their radio listening? It's something to make noise and make drive time less boring.
                          Sooo.... Stren rating where actually raised by prepought blocks of subscriptions... Gotcha.... Too bad he screwed and actually had to show up to revel in his dealeedo
                          "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                          sigpic

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

It would be interesting to see how many people renewed their service after the freebie one ran out. I sure as hell didn't.

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                              It would be interesting to see how many people renewed their service after the freebie one ran out. I sure as hell didn't.
                              Added with the fact that people can get streaming audio on their droids, iphones or whateverthefuck phone.

Comment

Working...