X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seshmeister
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Heaven Knows I'm an Idiot Hole Now

Vegetarian singer prompts outrage by saying Norwegian killings are 'nothing' compared with deeds of fast-food chains

Morrissey likens Norway attacks to McDonald's and KFC

Vegetarian singer prompts outrage by saying Norwegian killings are 'nothing' compared with deeds of fast-food chains

The former Smiths front man Morrissey has provoked a storm of protest following comments in which the singer allegedly compared the Norwegian massacre in which 76 people died to the slaughter of animals for fast-food restaurant chains.

The 52-year-old vegetarian and animal rights activist allegedly made the remarks during a concert on Sunday in the Polish capital, Warsaw, where he is in the middle of a summer tour.

Just before performing his single Meat is Murder, he reportedly told the crowd: "We all live in a murderous world, as the events in Norway have shown, with 97 [sic] dead. Though that is nothing compared to what happens in McDonald's and Kentucky Fried shit every day."

His comments, reported in the Daily Mirror, led to condemnation on websites and Twitter.

One wrote on the singer's fan site: "The killing of children compared to KFC & McDonald's?!!! What an [arsehole]!

Another tweeted: "I've been veggy for 22 years. Today Morrissey's made me want to start eating meat." Another concluded: "Jesus Christ, Morrissey, you utter, utter bell-end".

The singer's spokeswoman told the Guardian: "There is no more to say on the matter, thank you".

It is not the first time Morrissey's outspoken views on animal rights issues have caused offence. In an interview in Guardian Weekend in September he called the Chinese people a "sub-species" over their treatment of animals and attitude toward animal welfare.

In April this year he voiced unease that David Cameron was a fan of his former band, telling BBC Radio 4's Front Row programme it was because the prime minister had hunted stag in the past. "It's a moral issue. Killing a stag is like killing a child. What's the difference?" he told presenter John Wilson.
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Some people can really take something and run with it... doesn't he also like banging little boys?
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• standin
      Veteran
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by VAiN
      Some people can really take something and run with it... doesn't he also like banging little boys?
      OoOoo1 you are on a roll today!
      To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
      MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

What a moron. Never cared for his music. Cared even less about him as a human. Now he is just demonstrating stupidity.

Gotta love entertainers whose music has been irrelevant for years if not decades and have nothing to purvey to their audiences any more so they start dispensing idiocy.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Dude is crazy. Must be the lack of protein his brain is getting from him not eating any red meat. get this guy a porterhouse - rare on the double!!!

That said, I am a carnivore through & through. However, the methods that are used to raise, house & slaughter our food sources is pretty barbaric. I think rather than being so extreme and trying to get people to stop eating meat 100% (which will never happen), groups like PETA should focus on humane treatment & kill methods of livestock. I'd bet a lot more people would get behind them if they pushed that cause.

It's in humans nature to eat meat. If we weren't meant to eat it, it would not taste good, we would not crave it, we would not be able to digest it, and it would provide no nutritional value. We weren't meant to eat rocks, sand or dirt. Doesn't taste good, doesn't digest, and has zero nutritional value. I think all living creatures eat what they were meant to eat.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

I've never seen an artist who has so many fans who think he's an asshole.

This is just the latest statement in a series including some racist stuff too. One of those situations where the more the fans learn about the person the less they like him.

This comment on the forum made me smile...

icelandicandpissed
            Re: your an idiot, morrisey.

Hey, Morrissey...

A couple of weeks ago I had some tasty minke whale meat for dinner. Three days ago I had a nice, bloody rib eye steak. Tomorrow evening I'll probably be having it again, and the next morning when it comes back out as a steaming wad of shit, I'll be aimed directly at one of your albums.
            I'll never listen to any of your work again, and I curse the day I paid money to see you on stage.

Any of you cunts have a problem with my spelling?

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Never liked Morrissey. But that's just idiotic.
              Originally posted by conmee
              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
              Originally posted by eddie78
              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by sadaist

It's in humans nature to eat meat. If we weren't meant to eat it, it would not taste good, we would not crave it, we would not be able to digest it, and it would provide no nutritional value. We weren't meant to eat rocks, sand or dirt. Doesn't taste good, doesn't digest, and has zero nutritional value. I think all living creatures eat what they were meant to eat.
                That's a bit of a stretch but whatever.

By all accounts we didn't used to get very much meat and spent most of the time eating berries and roots. That said I'm not too keen on the 'natural diet' argument since it was also natural to die before we reached 40 in the unusual case that we didn't die in childbirth or as an infant.

BTW did you know that it's only very recently(in biological terms) that humans evolved the enzyme lactase which allows us to digest cows milk?

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

This is what happens when you start to believe your open hype.....
                  The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

You evolve an enzyme?

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2007

the enzyme evolves you
                      Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Little Texan
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

He can't be 100% vegetarian...isn't he a sausage eater? He's another one of those extremist animal rights nuts that values animal life over human life. People like this should be thrown in the lion cage and left to their own devices.

Comment

• FORD
                          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I have no problem with anyone who wants to be vegetarian/vegan for health reasons, or out of love for animals or whatever. And I would agree with Morrissey that the factory farms that supply McDonalds & KFC (as well as your local supermarket) are horrible.

But this analogy to Norway just sucks harder than Sammy Hagar backstage at a Village People concert.
                          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                            ROTH ARMY ELITE
                            • Jan 2004

This guy's heart was probably in the right place with regard to his intent but he obviously sabotaged himself by using the analogy to the Norway tragedy.

Comment

• lesfunk
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                              I've never seen an artist who has so many fans who think he's an asshole.

One of those situations where the more the fans learn about the person the less they like him.
                              Kind of like Edward Van Halen....
                              http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

Working...