Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Incidentally, I'm going to get a nice free-range chicken burrito at Chipoltes today as I listen to the sounds of How Soon is Now.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
      Some people can really take something and run with it... doesn't he also like banging little boys?
      I dunno. I do recall seeing something on him in the 1990s where he basically said he was celibate and really didn't have sexual urges, though he said he had one sexual encounter which I assume was a gay one....

Comment

• Nitro Express
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
        We should hire the guy in the picture and send him to Washington DC to clean the place up.
        No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Yeah it was during the winter olympic games in 2002. The building we had the flag hanging off the balcony rail was just down the street from where the award ceremonies took place. Some government official from China saw it and said the flag was offensive to China and displaying it was not in the true spirit of the olympic games. Basically she said the flag no longer represented a legitimate country that had anything to do with the olympic games. It was unbelievable. You could tell she was used to people doing whatever she told them to do and she forgot where she was. If we were in a different part of town nothing would have happened but we were right where all the action was and where everyone was. China obviously wants Tibet wiped out of memory.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
            That's a bit of a stretch but whatever.

By all accounts we didn't used to get very much meat and spent most of the time eating berries and roots. That said I'm not too keen on the 'natural diet' argument since it was also natural to die before we reached 40 in the unusual case that we didn't die in childbirth or as an infant.

BTW did you know that it's only very recently(in biological terms) that humans evolved the enzyme lactase which allows us to digest cows milk?
            I agree. We really probably eat too much meat and get more protein than we really need in the Western World. But one of the objections I have to these PETA/Animal Rights nutbags is that they spread their own silly fucking insidious propaganda about stuff like basic nutrition. We are omnivores and I think Modern Man has always subsisted on some form of meat once we got organized into tribal societies and started using strategy to chuck spears at wooly mammoths; it's a pretty well known fact that animal protein and amino acids are far more efficiently processed by ones body than vegetarian fare IIRC...

BTW, hasn't Morrassholy been involved in extremist right fringe (Nat'l Front) fascist politics in the U.K. in the past?

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

LOL From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morriss...industry_feuds

Morrissey has criticised singers like Madonna, Elton John and George Michael, generally claiming their lyrics are pointless and they are more interested in being celebrities than in their music. He has also had disagreements with The Cure's Robert Smith, who stated "If Morrissey says not to eat meat, then I'll eat meat; that's how much I hate Morrissey."[75] Lol Tolhurst, another founding member of the Cure, has claimed he likes Morrissey's music; however, he also said Smith is "quite justified in his ire", alleging their feud was instigated by Morrissey:

"We had never met Morrissey or the Smiths at that point and Morrissey made a very uncalled for remark concerning Robert in the English press. I never understood why as we or Robert had done nothing to upset him that I could think of, but after that it kind of snowballed.... Especially as journalists love feuds!!"[76]

Comment

• Nitro Express
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Aug 2004

Elton John and George Michael get their protein but it ain't from eating meat. It aint from a udder either but it does shoot a white substance.

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                  Elton John and George Michael get their protein but it ain't from eating meat. It aint from a udder either but it does shoot a white substance.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    Yep. Hitler was a celibate, asexual salad eater too....
                    I only learned very recently that Hitler actually was not a vegetarian, he just said he was. He also wasn't an atheist and was in favor of Christian education in schools.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I only learned very recently that Hitler actually was not a vegetarian, he just said he was. He also wasn't an atheist and was in favor of Christian education in schools.
                      Cool. You have links to that? He wasn't a complete teetotaler either, but I like to fuck with preachy shitheads though.

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

It's the chicks, dude. Some guys will tell a woman just about anything in order to get into her pants.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Actually I first heard about it on the QI TV show which is ridiculously anal about research but a quick Google will confirm he was a secret sausage eater.

Plus remember this was the 1940s, I remember an older Aunt returning with a ham sandwich years ago when I told her my date wouldn't be able to eat the steak she had served up because she was vegetarian.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Link http://www.qi.com/talk/viewtopic.php...0066e5b84f0008

Comment

• FORD
                              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

The difference between 'natural medicine' and medicine is that once you can show something works with empirical evidence it's just called medicine from that point onwards.

In the middle ages almost all the medicine was herbal natural medicine.
                              Well, that may be the common sense definition of "Medicine", but sadly in the US, "Medicine" seems to be defined lately as "something patented and owned by a pharmaceutical company". And some of that IS actually herbally based, but they will never tell you that, because they would rather you spend $20/pill than $3 for a box of tea that does the same thing. Or even $10 for a bottle of capsules at Super Supplements that contains the same active ingredient.

The standard of medicine should be what works, most effectively and with the least number of side effects. Not what is most profitable. And it's the profitability that prevents the "empirical evidence" when the studies are often funded by those who are looking for money (i.e. Pharma Inc.)
                              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                                LOL From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morriss...industry_feuds

Morrissey has criticised singers like Madonna, Elton John and George Michael, generally claiming their lyrics are pointless and they are more interested in being celebrities than in their music. He has also had disagreements with The Cure's Robert Smith, who stated "If Morrissey says not to eat meat, then I'll eat meat; that's how much I hate Morrissey."[75] Lol Tolhurst, another founding member of the Cure, has claimed he likes Morrissey's music; however, he also said Smith is "quite justified in his ire", alleging their feud was instigated by Morrissey:

"We had never met Morrissey or the Smiths at that point and Morrissey made a very uncalled for remark concerning Robert in the English press. I never understood why as we or Robert had done nothing to upset him that I could think of, but after that it kind of snowballed.... Especially as journalists love feuds!!"[76]
                                Why does Robert Smith hate Morrissey? Because Morrissey stole his entire act. Robert was the original "mope rocker" with the depressing lyrics

(Well, he and Ian Curtis from Joy Division anyway. But he didn't stick around long enough to hate Morrissey)
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...