X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Dave Roth.....one classy motherfucker!

A dead honest answer. No shtick, no bs. Straight up Dave Roth!

Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

He said it like it was! Class act all the way!

Comment

• Northern Girl
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Ah...I remember it well...

the clip...the tour...the fighting...seems like yesterday...
      Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

Nice jab at the sisters regarding their "German mentality" in making Dave their scapegoat....
        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Fucking Dutch nazis.
          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

I saw the 5150 tour in San Diego and they did make more than a few rips towards Dave. I saw Dave on the EEAS tour & didn't hear a peep about VH.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

It was Sam ragging on Dave. I've never heard Alex say a thing during a show and Ed rarely says anything. It was Sam but of course the Van Halens didn't stop him from doing so either.

The thing is, Dave never did anything to Sam to deserve the slagging. If anything Dave did Sam a favor by not being in the band. Sam's career would have faded in the 80's if he didn't get into VH.
              Last edited by Nitro Express; 12-08-2011, 03:38 AM.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

LMFAO!

Still remember.....May of 86.....the hagaritas rolled through town. Crowd was going apeshit.....but only because it was Van Halen with a different singer.

Then on August 30th, Uncle Dave came to town. Good god....I was right up front.....General Admission so I fucking got CLOSE.

Dave made the hagaritas look bad. I mean, VH was still a cracking unit (3/4 of them anyway). But Dave came out with Sheehan, Vai and Bissonette, and the BIG ROCK Production with a million lights....fuck.....no competition at all.....

Comment

• Zing!
                  Veteran
                  • Oct 2011

I've seen that clip a hundred times and I still think watching it now that it's the closest to the REAL Dave Roth we've ever seen or ever WILL see. Total honesty - and he has every right to be pissed off - without a hint of the rehearsed, phony 'Diamond Dave' persona.
                  My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• indeedido
                    Veteran
                    • Feb 2004

Most honest interview I've ever seen from anyone. Bar none.
                    This space for rent.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Dave's was a class act...

MA's was a class act...

Cherone was a class act...

Common denominator... Van Halens and Hagar. The Yin and Yang with a trail of party leftovers and used up ho's...
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Heater
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Nov 2010

So he holds a press conference to publicly state how he doesn't say anything in public about VH. That was at the height of his solo journey, it was a steady swan dive for the next 20 years. When any of these guys did interviews they were invariably asked about the split. And as time went on and Dave's star began to fade, ALL he talked about was VH. Yep, VH gave Sammy a boost, and without VH Dave was on his way to becoming an answer to a Trivial Pursuit question.

Comment

• Matt White
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Heater
                          So he holds a press conference to publicly state how he doesn't say anything in public about VH. That was at the height of his solo journey, it was a steady swan dive for the next 20 years. When any of these guys did interviews they were invariably asked about the split. And as time went on and Dave's star began to fade, ALL he talked about was VH. Yep, VH gave Sammy a boost, and without VH Dave was on his way to becoming an answer to a Trivial Pursuit question.
                          1st off ass-hat Van Haggis hit the airwaves first...in both Spin magazine and Rollingstone....pissing and crying about "mean 'ol Uncle Dave"......

Dave took the high road....until van haggis toured & tried to make light of DAVE on every tour stop...grabbing a kid out of the crowd to sing jump...because Spam was too insecure to have a go at it.....

And as popular taste shifted....with the coming of Grunge...ALL 80's acts dropped off...including your cheddar loving pals.......

So do us a favor.....blow it out your cakehole..............

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

oh...an interview from 1986!!! Hurrah! let's discuss it for the 10000000000000000000000000000001 time...
                            Roth Army Icon
                            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Heater
                              Foot Soldier
                              • Nov 2010

OK Matty, sorry to piss you off about your boyfriend. if he took the high road he wouldn't be saying anything, right? But he did. Kinda has a crybaby tone to it, waaaa they're being mean to me. Don't know why you or so many others even love Jump, but having a kid come up on stage means he was intimidated? OK. maybe he chose not to sing it because he knew that as time went on Dave would make that his trademark and sing that at a stop sign if 8 people would listen, kinda like his last few club tours. The way you defend him to the end is sweet, gotta love his Sam Kinison "I'm not bald under here" beret. saucy.

Comment

Working...