Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Well, yes since bleater IS a sheep, after all.....

Comment

• Northern Girl
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by conmee
      Brethren and Sistren,

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about even after all these years... I still contend that Rick Allen's Left Arm leaving Def Leppard was FAR FAR FAR more devastating than Van Halen replacing DLR with Samuel. I mean at least DLR was replaced...

That is all.

Icon™©®
      LOL. Hey, you're funny sometimes!
      Same ole song and dance...

Comment

• ZahZoo
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Wasn't there a member here or DDLR.com with the user name Rick Allen's Left Arm..?
        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
          Wasn't there a member here or DDLR.com with the user name Rick Allen's Left Arm..?
          Pleasure Dome.
          May have been at DDLR too.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dan
            Damn,Reading Your BS Makes Me Want To Sleep.
            so well that the people at Sominex are pissed.

Comment

• Heater
              Foot Soldier
              • Nov 2010

Reading the SAME "Dave is our king, all hail Dave" shit is pretty tiring too. But funny, he is the perfect man in your eyes, it makes you sad, sad, sad if everyone doesn't see him the way you do. then you start with the names, clever names though--Sheep? Comic GOLD boys! you hate those who don't love Dave the way you do, if such a thing is possible. You Are here to defend his honor, you KNOW him, you have his back and according to some, he would love to have your back! you plug away for Dave, weave through the craziness, comb over every bit of Rothness. Fight for your man ladies!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                Yup, I believe it was in the previous database....
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Heater
                  Reading the SAME "Dave is our king, all hail Dave" shit is pretty tiring too. But funny, he is the perfect man in your eyes, it makes you sad, sad, sad if everyone doesn't see him the way you do. then you start with the names, clever names though--Sheep? Comic GOLD boys! you hate those who don't love Dave the way you do, if such a thing is possible. You Are here to defend his honor, you KNOW him, you have his back and according to some, he would love to have your back! you plug away for Dave, weave through the craziness, comb over every bit of Rothness. Fight for your man ladies!
                  They've all got their faults, and to claim that any of them don't is being disingenuous....
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• hambon4lif
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

It's like I can see exactly what goes on in your house.......

"Hater!! Get off that computer and take out the garbage!!"

"Not now, Mom!! I'm busy on a Dave Roth site hatin'!!"

As sad and pathetic as that is, it still doesn't keep me from laughing at it.....

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Jan 2004

Heater is bringing the sour, meanwhile Dave is bringing the fun

Comment

• hambon4lif
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

Up until Hater registered here and started posting, I thought the "I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend" was just some line Roth would say onstage....
                        ....evidently, somebody's girlfriend actually got plugged!

A personal vendetta must be a bitch of a thing to live with.

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Wasn't part of the rift that Dave wanted to make a movie? Then he lost the backing for it or something. Wasn't his ego out of control because his EP sold, POS that it was? Thought he was invincible, believed his own press, then lit the fuse that burned for 27 summers, all hair jokes aside. Then, after a quick decade or so of whining about getting back in, well, you know the rest. Slam Ed all you want, he has lifted Dave from obscurity TWICE! TWICE!
                          I think Roth wanting to make a movie was part of the rift. That's a fair assertion. I would rather have seen that come to fruition than hearing Roth sing over the bulk of the music that ended up on 5150.

I'm sure his ego was out of control. I personally don't think his 1985 solo EP is among the best stuff he's ever done.

A case can be made that Ed gave Dave a career boost with the 1996 BOV1 tracks. It was a pretty short lived boost, and by the time Roth rejoined in 2006, Ed's career was just as cratered as Roth's.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• aesop
                            Commando
                            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                            I think Roth wanting to make a movie was part of the rift. That's a fair assertion. I would rather have seen that come to fruition than hearing Roth sing over the bulk of the music that ended up on 5150.
                            Wow I totally agree there. 5150 was barely listenable then, and now sounds so dated along with any other mid-80's trash pop music that was technicolor-yawned through the airwaves back then. And a few weeks back, I queued up Summer Nights on Youtube. It hasn't aged well at all. You know how some songs manage to get better with age? That terrible album, with it's now woefully outdated sound (unlike the 6-pack, which still fucking rocks and sounds fresh thanks to TT, stands the test of time very well) can only he held as an example of how bad an album someone can make when a key member leaves.

The only other thing this reminds me of is when DeGarmo left QR...then came....Q2K...
                            Yo Yo Yo

Comment

• Fairwrning
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

25 years later and Sammy still holds a grudge...mentions Van Halen all the time.Roth and co. never mention Hagar..Hell..Roth and co never mention Van Halen..

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Maybe Bleater is Hagar's kid?
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

Working...