X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Official 4/14 Tampa Meetup/Review Thread

Welcome to the Official 4/14 Tampa Meetup/Review thread. This thread is to discuss anything leading up to the show, as well as all reviews.

Let's hear it !!
    Last edited by chefcraig; 01-16-2012, 09:50 PM. Reason: date change
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth
  • redblkwht
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

My Backyard..I have a hookup thru Tampa Bay Times, may get suite Tix! EUAS members Holla..

EUAS

Comment

• relliot
      Roth Army Recruit
      • Aug 2004

This one is a sure bet for me too!

Comment

• neuralfraud
        Head Fluffer
        • Aug 2010

Word!

Tailgate party anyone?

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I'm hitting this one as well... What's up with a suit, redblkwht? I'm totally in on that if you can pull it off! I need a cheap hotel near the venue - any suggestions?
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Bowanna
            Full On Cocktard
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
            I'm hitting this one as well... What's up with a suit, redblkwht? I'm totally in on that if you can pull it off! I need a cheap hotel near the venue - any suggestions?
            Try Ybor City hotels... I believe there is a Best Western there off 7th ave. It's new and looks cozy. You can walk to the Forum in 30 minutes but the Trollie runs right to it.

I'll be attending... Went to the 04 Money Grab show... Didn't go to the 08 show cause I wasn't convinced it wasn't going to be another MG Tour... said if they put a record out and tour I'd go.

Voila

Comment

• redblkwht
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Ybor hotels is a good bet, close by or by the airport too..unless you want to spend a few days by the beach, clearwater is a good call or reddington/st pete.

EUAS

Comment

• Sportatorium
                Roth Army Recruit
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by VAiN
                Vain i tried meeting up with you last tour ... ill be up front as usual its a lot bigger than Janus Landing .. ROTH RULES !!!!
                WELCOME TO OCCUPY VAN HALEN LADIES AND GENTELMEN .......

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Am gonna try and make this one as well. Went to the 2008 show...keep me in the loop far as a hookup goes; can't think of any people I'd rather hang with and hoist a few before the show than some fellow army members...unless it's some high-class whores with big breasts (none of you folks fit both categories by any chance?)
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• neuralfraud
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Aug 2010

Definitely interested in the suite if the offer so happens to be extended to my unworthy newbie lame assed self

I plan to get VIP tix this time around... didn't even get the t-shirt last round and gotta make up for it

Comment

• vanhalenuk
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Jan 2012

This is one of my potential options if they dont announce any UK shows - my sister lives in Fort Myers, i called her the other day and mentioned VH. "What those guys who did Jump - you must be joking" was her reaction! Oh well.

Comment

• neuralfraud
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Aug 2010

Your sister sounds like a bitch. By the sound of that reaction it seems like you're just the family disappointment, man. Congrats! Might as well journey abroad and rub it in.

Comment

• Terry
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

Looks like the Tampa and Orlando dates have been switched

From the van halen website, Tampa is now scheduled to be played on 4/14, and Orlando is to be played on 4/12.
                          Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• neuralfraud
                            Head Fluffer
                            • Aug 2010

My wife just came in and informed me at exactly the same time you posted this. Interesting.

Anyhow that makes things a bit better for me, babysitting and all that nonsense. Now I just need to know WHEN THE FUCK TICKETS GO ON SALE!

Comment

• redblkwht
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Amen bro..WTF

EUAS

Comment

Working...