X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SoCalChelle
    Veteran
    • Jan 2004

Wolfie's contribution?

I was listening to an online blog today and they briefly touched on the idea of Eddie playing bass on VH3 even though Mikey still played on tour. Made me wonder....did Wolfie actually play on the new album, or was it Eddie again? I mean Wolfie has an awesome pedigree, he's a cute kid, and he seems to do a good job, but how good is he....really?

Don't get me wrong, it's new Van Halen so I'm shitting a brick regardless, but I'm just curious....how much of a contribution do you suppose Wolfie is actually making to the new music?

Discuss....
    Formerly Tormented VH Fan
    Facebook: Chelle Marley
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Have you seen the clips from the Cafe Wha? show?

Wolf has become one Hell of a bass player, so I don't see any reason why he wouldn't play on the record.

VDIII was pretty much an Eddie solo album. Even Alex's involvement was minimal, from what I remember.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• DlocRoth
      ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Chelle.... Did you watch the Cafe Wha? footage?

The kid is coming into his own.....

He can flat out play.
      Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Hiya Chelle! Welcome back!

And YES! Wolfy is a badass these days on bass! Don't see why Ed would play now, as good as Wolfy is.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

who cares...
          Roth Army Icon
          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• fryingdutchman
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

No doubt it's Wolfie on the record.

The Cafe Wha? show laid to rest any doubts about Wolfie's musical chops.
            Originally posted by perilouspete
            fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• Angel
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

I predict that Wolf is about to blow the worlds mind much in the way his father did so many years ago. The kid freaking shredded that bass on "She's the Woman", and if you read WARF's review, you'll see he "stole the show". GO WOLF! I told you bastards 5 years ago to cut the kid a break!
              "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• chuckie lee
                Groupie
                • Jan 2012

They aint missin Mikey on this song at all.... It sounds amazing...And I do mean amazing.. On tour, it could be different.. But I think Wolfie will do just fine...TATTOO, TATTOO, what a great chorus....

Comment

• Mr Walker
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Wolf needs to ditch the 'frankenstrat' looking taped up bass... throw it away and buy a Thunderbird Wolf!

Comment

• Rikk
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

What the hell is Chelle doing here?

Yes, Wolfie is playing. Jesus.
                    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Nice to see you around again Chelle!!

I think the question of Wolf's playing ability and contribution is pretty much answered...

Cafe Wha? put to rest his playing ability concerns. There was no place to hide and he was front and center takin names and kickin ass.

Ed may have provided some musical/technical input in the studio... but I have a feeling they let Wolfgang do every piece he played on. What's more... I have a suspicion there's some "special" things coming on the new album that may go beyond Wolf being the "bass player". It's possible we could get a song or two "the kid" composed. My instincts suspect some surprises...
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• zentino
                        Roth Army Recruit
                        • Jan 2005

Beside those thoughts if Wolf has played on the record or not, as far it is passed down, his biggest contribution is that he has convincend his Dad getting back together with Dave anyway. And in turn besides of that, one thing is pretty much clear, Ed adores his son so much, he would never cheat on Wolfi and play Bass behind his back. And the Café Wha? Gig tells it’s own tale. Just my 2 cents..

Comment

• SoCalChelle
                          Veteran
                          • Jan 2004

Yeah, I did watch the Cafe Wha show, but I might have watched the wrong clips. The ones I saw didn't have very good sound quality so it was hard to tell Good to hear that he's following in the family tradition

And yeah, I missed you too Rikk
                          Formerly Tormented VH Fan
                          Facebook: Chelle Marley

Comment

• Dr. Love
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Wolf's contribution has been immense. He's the one that kicked his dad in the rear to get back with Dave and get things back into gear. Without that god knows where we'd be.
                            I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Rikk
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SoCalChelle
                              And yeah, I missed you too Rikk

Ah yes, those were good times.
                              Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
                              Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

Working...