This would be an interesting stab in the face to Sam the sham if the band did this...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

This would be an interesting stab in the face to Sam the sham if the band did this...

It goes along the lines of:

Quit living in the past!

Embrace the new =VH=!

The band has never sounded better!

• Rikk
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Cheesehead has been flapping his gums about the band recording old material and making new songs out of them for this album.

I, for one, could give a fuck. I think songs are songs, and if the band is finally giving some great old songs new life on a new album, it kind of feels like full circle. It's almost as if they're pretending the Sam years never happened.

And I, for one, applaud that.

But you know what would be a hilarious second slap in the face?

I think it would be pretty hilarious if the band overhauled recordings from the ten years Sam was in the band and wiped his vocals and everything he had to do with them and had Dave put fresh new vocals in their place, making some of them pretty damn good songs. It would be as if they're saying, "Sam really shouldn't have been in the band, and now this music is getting a second chance."

Now, there were tons of terrible songs even musically, but I would find it pretty awesome if the band rush-released a 10-song second album overhauling BLACK 'N' BLUE, GET UP (nauseating lyrics, Dave could make this a song), SUMMER NIGHTS (Sammy should be shot for singing these lyrics, but this was originally a Dave song and what a fuck you it would be if he finished it as EAT THY NEIGHBOR, the original title), etc.

I'm not saying I'd like this more than a second album of new songs, but I would enjoy it if it were rush-released. It would be like revising history. They could call it THE REAL VERSIONS.
    Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
    Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

5150!!!
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• houseofpain
        Head Fluffer
        • Feb 2005

Personally could give a rat's ass. However, funny to me would be if Dave re-did Amsterdam and made it a real song. I believe my EUAS bros did a whole thread on at links many moons ago where we actually took Sam songs, and we re-wrote the lyrics. I personally re-did Amsterdam, and if I remember right, I made it about fucking your girlfriend.
        EAT US AND SMILE!
        LOOK WHO'S BACK IN CIRCULATION!
        DAMAGE INC!

Comment

• houseofpain
          Head Fluffer
          • Feb 2005

not yours in particular, just somebody else's
          EAT US AND SMILE!
          LOOK WHO'S BACK IN CIRCULATION!
          DAMAGE INC!

Comment

• nitroDave23
            Roadie
            • Jan 2012

lol^^

To be honest, the only Sammy era Van Halen song I "Like" is Best Of Both Worlds,

The guitars in that song kicked ass.

I could totally hear a "Roth-enized" version, (with appropriate lyric reworking) although I'd keep the chorus, it's good.

That being said, the band would never in a million years do it,and with the new album the last thing they're thinking about right now is the Sammy era....just get on "A Different Kinda Truth II" in about 2 or 3 years and I'll be happy.

The future is bright for Roth-Halen at the moment, let's not piss on the flame
            Last edited by nitroDave23; 01-10-2012, 08:42 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• TJMKID
              Veteran
              • Mar 2004

There are some Spammy songs I've always wanted to hear Dave's vocals on ---- mostly "Summer Nights" and "Black and Blue" because they sound so faggy with Tequila Sheepster crooning.

However --- releasing a disc of "Sammy tunes" with Dave's vocals would only give more ammo for Sheep Boy to brag to the world about how good his songs were. It would be a fucking field day for him. FUCK HIM TO HELL.

Let Sam die a miserable, slow death with Chicken-Pussy. Their last LP quickly sank from the Billboard 200 Album charts within 3 weeks. I see one more shitty record from those turds and their label will drop them like a used tampon. End of Sammy.

Comment

• Floridaman1985
                Groupie
                • May 2009

Originally posted by TJMKID
                There are some Spammy songs I've always wanted to hear Dave's vocals on ---- mostly "Summer Nights" and "Black and Blue" because they sound so faggy with Tequila Sheepster crooning.

However --- releasing a disc of "Sammy tunes" with Dave's vocals would only give more ammo for Sheep Boy to brag to the world about how good his songs were. It would be a fucking field day for him. FUCK HIM TO HELL.

Let Sam die a miserable, slow death with Chicken-Pussy. Their last LP quickly sank from the Billboard 200 Album charts within 3 weeks. I see one more shitty record from those turds and their label will drop them like a used tampon. End of Sammy.
                This morning, I was halfway thinking that it would be cool if they redid/released the Dave versions of songs which ended up on 5150. However, it would bring Spam attention, perhaps negative, but still attention. Besides, Dave didn't sound too thrilled about what they'd gotten done if you read that part of his book. Maybe it'd work out better rerecorded now though. I'd rather Spam not have another excuse to chirp, at least for the time being.
                "Money can't buy you happiness, but it can buy you a yacht big enough to pull up right alongside it." - DLR

Comment

• TJMKID
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Floridaman1985
                  This morning, I was halfway thinking that it would be cool if they redid/released the Dave versions of songs which ended up on 5150. However, it would bring Spam attention, perhaps negative, but still attention. Besides, Dave didn't sound too thrilled about what they'd gotten done if you read that part of his book. Maybe it'd work out better rerecorded now though. I'd rather Spam not have another excuse to chirp, at least for the time being.

Yeah, this woulda been an interesting idea around '96 when Dave was supposedly back in ---- could've rehashed those old 5150 tunes and showed the world why Dave was clearly better than Spam Bot.

In 2012 ---- Sambo Pussy Nugget is so desperate for attention that he will find a way to grab all the credit from anything related to his old tunes. He'd probably even write a 2nd book titled "Why Van Halen Cant Forget Me". FUCKING DISASTER.

Comment

• Spice Not Rice
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Jan 2012

Who is Sammy Hagar?

Comment

• Zing!
                      Veteran
                      • Oct 2011

Dave circa 1988 or maybe even '91 could have done something respectable with 'Get Up.' Not sure it would fly today. His voice has changed too much. Better they focus on what works NOW than revisit the past. Besides, the best way they can deal with Spammy is to ignore him completely.
                      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Terry
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Fuck 'em.

Cherone, Hagar and their fans.

Fuck the lot of 'em.

Now and forever.
                        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• iggyrichards
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Dec 2009

Please help haters everywhere

I have been a member of the site for about 2 years but have not posted much at all but i am getting tired of the negative bs being put out today by spammy heads about the new single. I live in Seattle and the local rock station KISW is going to put Tattoo up against Chickenfoods new single tonight at 9:00pm. Douchebag spammy is releasing a single today that came out 8 months ago when there last piece of crap album came out. The entertainment weekley website is brutal and I have posted a lot under another alias fighting the good fight but the whole michale anothony is not there thing is almost becoming fashionable by people who do not even have a clue. Am I overreacting? should I not even care and just enjoy the moment?

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                            Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Just enjoy the moment. Fighting the good fight now is optional.

Oh dear.

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

Why fight.......we already won!
                              Originally posted by vandeleur
                              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

Working...