This would be an interesting stab in the face to Sam the sham if the band did this...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Man I tell you what. We've all got it made in the shade! I feel like I'm chilling out on an island, lying down in a hammock with a naked chick in one hand and a guitar in another. I think I'll play some "Coconut Grove" while the S.S. Spambo sinks a few miles off shore. Doesn't take a rocket science to know that sheep can't swim. Oh yeah!

Comment

• BITEYOASS
      ROTH ARMY ELITE
      • Jan 2004

BTW, =VH= is winning in ways not even Charlie Sheen can imagine!

Comment

• iggyrichards
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Dec 2009

Well I am getting over it now and I realize that the Spammy and the chickenfood camp are just looking for attention and getting free publicity off of Van Halens coat tails. When both the tour and music are #1 all the haters will be buying the music and going to the shows with the rest of us.

Comment

• Rikk
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VOODOO_King
          From the perspective that it's been so long since there was a new VH release with Dave on vocals, it is a little frustrating to me as a fan that they would simply rearrange 35 year old songs and put new lyrics to them instead of putting out something fresh. I'd like to think that the full CD would be at least half new material and half reworked demos from the past. That way it's a mix of CVH and New VH. I know it's different for us as collectors and diehard fans, because we're already familiar with those old songs. I liken this to the first time I heard the WB demos and hearing "Last Night" or "Voodoo Queen" after having "Hang 'Em High" and "Mean Street" already etched in my brain. On the other hand, I do love the concept of taking those songs that Sam ruined and having Dave redo them. That would be very cool to hear. I'm also wondering if any of the songs being released are leftovers from the 2000-2001 demos? I can't remember if any titles were even mentioned from those sessions. I remember Mikey saying he had old tapes from the failed second reunion that the brothers didn't even want him to have, but that he has them.
          This is how I feel.

I mean, to me, redoing some of those tracks with Dave singing would be like erasing any mention of Sam being in the band. It wouldn't be ignoring Sam's time as the insult...it would be saying, "This is how those songs should have been done." It's almost like re-writing history and putting Dave in the band during those years of Eddie writing music. This would, it would feel less like 28 years of wasted time and instead traveling back in time to force Dave into the picture.

Sure, there are more productive ways they could spend their time, but to do it quickly and redo those tracks, damn...Dave would be THE ENTIRE VH CATALOG in a way.

Of course, some things can't be fixed even by Dave. More than half the shitty Shambo catalog is sub-par music. Hell, Dave and James Brown together couldn't fix the abomination that is VH III. Or FOR UNLAWFUL CARNAL EMBARRASSMENT.
          Roth Army Militia

Originally posted by WARF
          Rikk - The new school of the Roth Army... this dude leads the pack... three words... The Sheep Pen... this dude opened alot of doors for people during this new era... he's the best of the new school.

Comment

• RUDE SADDLE
            Groupie
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by iggyrichards
            Well I am getting over it now and I realize that the Spammy and the chickenfood camp are just looking for attention and getting free publicity off of Van Halens coat tails. When both the tour and music are #1 all the haters will be buying the music and going to the shows with the rest of us.
            That's what Spammy does best run his fuckin mouth.
            He should take Joes and Kennys head, put them together and rub his half inch between them.
            ROTH ARMY ATTITUDE
            ''And a fierce cry rings out across the Manhattan skyline''
            - David Lee Roth 1/5/12 Cafe Wha, New York City

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Hardrock69
              Seriously?

That lame cocksucker is releasing a single from his 8-month-old album today?

out of curiosity I went to the official Chickenfoot video to hear the single he released up against TATTOO. At the :10 second mark I got the typical youtube ad banner across the bottom 20% of the video. It read....

"Van Halen Tickets"

PWND!
              Last edited by sadaist; 01-12-2012, 05:00 AM. Reason: I can't spell
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Grant
                Sniper
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Rikk
                But you know what would be a hilarious second slap in the face?

I think it would be pretty hilarious if the band overhauled recordings from the ten years Sam was in the band and wiped his vocals and everything he had to do with them and had Dave put fresh new vocals in their place, making some of them pretty damn good songs. It would be as if they're saying, "Sam really shouldn't have been in the band, and now this music is getting a second chance."
                Just like Marty McFly in BACK TO THE FUTURE II having to travel back in the past to correct the future from 1985 onwards...

DOC BROWN: "We must succeed..."

Comment

• RUDE SADDLE
                  Groupie
                  • Jan 2012

Originally posted by sadaist
                  out of curiosity I went to the official Chickenfoot video to hear the single he released up against TATTOO. At the :10 second mark I got the typical youtube ad banner across the bottom 20% of the video. It read....

"Van Halen Tickets"m

PWND!

That's fuckin hilarious!
                  ROTH ARMY ATTITUDE
                  ''And a fierce cry rings out across the Manhattan skyline''
                  - David Lee Roth 1/5/12 Cafe Wha, New York City

Comment

• nitroDave23
                    Roadie
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Grant
                    Just like Marty McFly in BACK TO THE FUTURE II having to travel back in the past to correct the future from 1985 onwards...

DOC BROWN: "We must succeed..."

Doc - "When this baby hit's 88 miles an hour, you're gonna see some serious shit!"

Dave - "Yeah,Yeah, just Gimme A Bottle Of Anything, and A Glazed Doughnut...and I'll Fix Van Halen's mistake"

*Travels back to the 80's....*

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

"Van Halen Tickets"

PWND!
                      all right...I am tired from work...ready to got to bed...just checkin a last time....and now my stomach hurts from LMAO!

Roth Army Icon
                      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• BITEYOASS
                        ROTH ARMY ELITE
                        • Jan 2004

"Van Halen Tickets"

PWND!
                        Rhymes with WINNING!

Comment

• yankeegigolo
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Jan 2012

I've been a David Lee Roth fan for a hell of a lot of years. I remember being pissed 25 years ago about comments from Hagar and Edward and Alex about DLR. But as soon as the DLR band kicked ass i never gave it any more thought. at that time I remember thinking that Roth is what fueled the Van Halen machine not Eddie. so why do we care about Hagar or chickenfoot or anyone else? I don't get it?

Comment

• Little Texan
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                            Rhymes with WINNING!

Comment

Working...