Misleading reporting of the LA Times story.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • K-tuna
    Groupie
    • Jan 2012

Misleading reporting of the LA Times story.

Not sure if this justifies a new thread, mods feel free to merge if Im wrong.

A couple of Music websites are reporting that " Roth admits Van Halen have no new ideas and can't write music like they used to"

Whos writing for them, Slammy?
    "I Don't feel tardy...."
  • VAiN
    Use my hand, I won't look
    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Wow, those sure are misleading.. what bullshit. There are what? Maybe 4 or 5 out of 13 tracks using classic riffs?? If anything, the fact that these gems are finally being brought to light should be celebrated! It's classic VH, motherfuckers!!
    Originally posted by wiseguy
    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• Yount
      Commando
      • Jan 2012

Headlines are typically misleading. Roth says it well. He's got new lyrics. That to me is new music. And fuck it! It's good music!

Comment

• K-tuna
        Groupie
        • Jan 2012

seriuosly....theres NOWHERE in that interview that Dave even suggests that. he mentions using some of the old stuff but keeping a HEALTHY safe distance because he implies that the lyrics could be better because they're older now. how is that even remotely " we can't write new stuff" ?
        "I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

• jero
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

You can tell it's bullshit by this line at the end of the article

Anthony is a member of supergroup Chickenfoot with ex-VH singer Sammy Hagar.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Nice comment by scott at the bottom, is he one of us?

Nature and the media abhor a vacuum.

If they don't do more media then bullshit will appear and Hagar will be able to set the agenda of that bullshit.

Comment

• ELVIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2003

I think this is much ado about nothing...

Let it die...

Comment

• Bad Muthafucker
                Foot Soldier
                • Jan 2004

It will all be settled once the album is certified multi-platinum.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...7qatW5tds&NR=1

Comment

• So this is love
                  Veteran
                  • Jan 2012

Who cares? EVH has always said through the years that he had written many songs that were never released....whether its new or old it never been released so to me this is all new. Decisions have been made probly by record exec in the past to prefer other songs over these ADKOT and so what??

Lets just enjoy this new release and tour and FUCK the rest.
                  Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?

Comment

• Hummarstra
                    Commando
                    • Feb 2004

Dave's quotes were taken out of context. But, who gives a shit?

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by So this is love
                      Who cares? EVH has always said through the years that he had written many songs that were never released....
                      That was one of Edward's bullshit lies...

Comment

• alsip
                        Groupie
                        • Jul 2004

My Thoughts on the LA Times Interview with DLR

Dave was extremely witty and thoughtful in his comments.

It's also good to see that he and Eddie have let bygones be bygones, and his concluding remark re EVH was brilliant!

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

I'll file this one under the heading of "there is no such thing as bad publicity."

The fact that this kind of story, misleading as it is, even gets to print is an indication that Van Halen is still very relevant and people want to know what's going on with them.

If this was a Spammy solo album, or another Chickenshit album 5 or 6 years down the road, nobody would be doing any poking around to find out the song origins. Because most people don't give a fuck about either one of them.

The band has nearly 4 decades of history. And Dave and Ed had a 27 year layoff in writing material together. Any so-called "rock journalist" who thinks that they wouldn't mine their archives for some ideas is an idiot.
                          Originally posted by perilouspete
                          fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• K-tuna
                            Groupie
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by ELVIS
                            That was one of Edward's bullshit lies...

Seriously, How the FUCK would you know one way or the other? Are you in the studio with him?

Do I believe you or Roth who says Ed's never happy with his own stuff and has tons of stuff in the archives?

GODDAMN, Eds no angel , but feel free go back to drinking the kool aid.
                            Last edited by K-tuna; 02-01-2012, 12:09 PM.
                            "I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

• K-tuna
                              Groupie
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by fryingdutchman
                              I'll file this one under the heading of "there is no such thing as bad publicity."

The fact that this kind of story, misleading as it is, even gets to print is an indication that Van Halen is still very relevant and people want to know what's going on with them.

If this was a Spammy solo album, or another Chickenshit album 5 or 6 years down the road, nobody would be doing any poking around to find out the song origins. Because most people don't give a fuck about either one of them.

The band has nearly 4 decades of history. And Dave and Ed had a 27 year layoff in writing material together. Any so-called "rock journalist" who thinks that they wouldn't mine their archives for some ideas is an idiot.

Yeah, I agree, but how did they get from all of that article that "ROTH ADMITS VH CAN"T WRITE SONGS LIKE THEY USED TO"

Just surprised by the fact that its so blatantly dishonest .
                              "I Don't feel tardy...."

Comment

Working...