X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SilvioDante
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

Concert etiquette and protocol question

I need help from the Mighty Roth Army on this one.

I plan on taking either my daughter or son to the Nashville show on the 27th. My wife suggested that they wear my old Monsters of Rock Tour t-shirt to the concert (yes, I had some weak moments, I saw the band with whats-his-face, sue me. I like Eddie). Anyway, I told my wife that it might not be a good idea since it's a Dave show.

I think Nashville is a Sammy town, but I do not want to bring bad juju onto myself. I do not have my old 1984 tour shirt or any Dave tour shirt. I would liked them to appear hip and all, but there is a limit.

What do you think, would it be wrong to let them wear a Sammy era shirt to the show?
    "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal
  • Guitar Shark
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Is this a serious question? April Fools was almost 3 weeks ago man.
    ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
    Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• hambon4lif
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

That question really answers itself.

Read your post out loud to yourself and see if it doesn't make you laugh hysterically.....

Comment

• SilvioDante
        Head Fluffer
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Guitar Shark
        Is this a serious question? April Fools was almost 3 weeks ago man.
        I hear ya. I am on your side. Just want the kids to feel a like they fit in or something. Wife didn't tell me she was a Pro-Sammy person until after our vows.
        "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Nah, your kid will get compliments on their shirt.... It may not be the Dave era, but it's VH, and it's not the Jonas Brothers....

Now, if YOU were wearing it, then I'd say you might get some vulgarity thrown your way....
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Mr Walker
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
            Nah, your kid will get compliments on their shirt.... It may not be the Dave era, but it's VH, and it's not the Jonas Brothers....

Now, if YOU were wearing it, then I'd say you might get some vulgarity thrown your way....
            That's bullshit advice VA... shame on you!

Sil,
            Burn that fucking shirt and get online somewhere and by your kid a real VH shirt... if that's a problem, let me know and I'll buy a real deal VH shirt for them!

Comment

• Mr Walker
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SilvioDante
              Wife didn't tell me she was a Pro-Sammy person until after our vows.
              Grounds for an annulment IMO!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                That's bullshit advice VA... shame on you!

Sil,
                Burn that fucking shirt and get online somewhere and by your kid a real VH shirt... if that's a problem, let me know and I'll buy a real deal VH shirt for them!
                Well, he didn't give me that option!! Of course a new VH shirt would be the best!!
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Mr Walker
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                  Well, he didn't give me that option!! Of course a new VH shirt would be the best!!
                  When it comes to van hagar there is only one option

Comment

• BumBahDeeDah
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Mar 2004

There's a chance I'd have to scold my kids about pointing and laughing if they saw your kids dresssed like that. That will happen with the kids there wearing "12" jerseys. Those kidws will make fun. Dont let your kids wear that non- DLR stuff. Who says they have to wear a concert shirt?
                    Last edited by BumBahDeeDah; 04-18-2012, 08:20 PM.

Comment

• Zing!
                      Veteran
                      • Oct 2011

You can get this =VH= t-shirt at any Target for about ten bucks...

Last edited by Zing!; 04-18-2012, 08:01 PM.
                      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• Zing!
                        Veteran
                        • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Mr Walker
                        When it comes to van hagar there is only one option
                        Unless you run out of toilet paper. Then there's two options...
                        My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

The answer should be obvious - you buy 4 Roth Army shirts. Problem solved.
                          American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Well, at the show I went to there were more than a few people wearing shirts with the Van Hagar logo...one guy was even wearing a shirt of the OU812 album cover shot...

I mean, some Roth purists might take umbrage at someone wearing a Van Hagar-type shirt to one of the concerts (some folks even claim that it's lame to wear a concert tee of the band at that band's show), but if anyone gives you or your kids shit, just tell 'em to fuck off.

Honestly. Like, if the concert attendees in Nashville are of a similar makeup to the ones who saw Van Halen in Tampa, chances are they're gonna be about 45 years old, white, male and at LEAST twenty pounds overweight. Fuck 'em if they don't like it.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• sadaist
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jul 2004

I just wore a regular Local Motion t-shirt to the 2007 show & then put my NEW tour shirt on over it for the duration of the show.

*mighta been Billabong. Being in So CA seems all my shirts are from some surf company.
                              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

Working...