I just walked into a full on military exercise in my own front yard...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

I just walked into a full on military exercise in my own front yard...

2:30 this morning...I walked outside to smoke and a soldier, in full battle-rattle, came running down my street. Rifle at his side and all. Seein' as how this isn't the norm for my area I yelled for him to stop. And the guy was actually nice enough to stop and speak to me. Glow sticks were prominent. He carried on until I yelled that his friends were on his three o'clock (I could hear them calling for him over my right shoulder). He immediately yelled for them and made his way back up the street. Too fuckin' weird man...
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

• VHscraps
    Veteran
    • Jul 2009

Where are you living - down there, 'south of the border'??!

I used to live in the South of Scotland, and we'd regularly get buzzed by fighter planes from the UK Air Force, which would sometimes be low enough that it sounded like a cross between a rocket heading straight for your kitchen and the end of the world.
    THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Nitro Express
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Aug 2004

I can remember when I was little hearing sonic booms before they made flying supersonic above populated areas illegal. Some of them would really shake our house and rattle the dishes in the china cupboard.
      No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• DONNIEP
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Mar 2004

I just called my local TV station and they completely blew me off. I suppose walking out your front door in Cherryville NC and seeing and speaking to a soldier in full battle-rattle is supposed to be normal. Even though he was part of an exercise...and I could hear his partners calling for him right over my goddamned shoulder!!

Comment

• DONNIEP
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Mar 2004

Motherfucker!!!! I have called every fucking TV station that's local. NONE of them gave two shits that there was a soldier or Marine running down my street in full battle-rattle!!! I live in the middle of fucking nowhere! And to have soldiers or Marines humping it down my street is NOT normal!!! Goddamnit!!!! I'm calling the local National Guard.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It's almost certainly an alien invasion.

Comment

• ashstralia
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
              it sounded like a cross between a rocket heading straight for your kitchen and the end of the world.
              that's an amazing sound. i love it.

the hornets love to fly over here at every opportunity, and so does most of the local populace. no meth lab near you, donnie?

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
                Motherfucker!!!! I have called every fucking TV station that's local. NONE of them gave two shits that there was a soldier or Marine running down my street in full battle-rattle!!! I live in the middle of fucking nowhere! And to have soldiers or Marines humping it down my street is NOT normal!!! Goddamnit!!!! I'm calling the local National Guard.
                That's probably who it was...a local NG unit doing some kind of exercise at that time so as to not disturb the citizens. You just happened to be awake.
                “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• mh5150
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by donniep
                  motherfucker!!!! I have called every fucking tv station that's local. None of them gave two shits that there was a soldier or marine running down my street in full battle-rattle!!! I live in the middle of fucking nowhere! And to have soldiers or marines humping it down my street is not normal!!! Goddamnit!!!! I'm calling the local national guard.
                  plausible deniablility .

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
                    That's probably who it was...a local NG unit doing some kind of exercise at that time so as to not disturb the citizens. You just happened to be awake.
                    I just happened to be awake and drunk

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                      Sniper
                      • Apr 2004

Two things. First, Chicago yesterday and second, The Demo National Convention that's gonna be held in NC later this yr.

Comment

• Angel
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

I just happened to be awake and drunk
                        Gee, wonder why none of the radio stations would pay attention to a drunk in the middle of the night?
                        "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                          Gee, wonder why none of the radio stations would pay attention to a drunk in the middle of the night?
                          "You don't underthand! Therth's guys in military uniffffferms running around (hic) outthide mah houth!~"
                          Originally posted by conmee
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                          Originally posted by eddie78
                          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Mar 2004

Ha ha. I'll have you know I wasn't that drunk Scared the shit out of me though. It was like Red Dawn out here!

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Jan 2004

Ha ha. I'll have you know I wasn't that drunk Scared the shit out of me though. It was like Red Dawn out here!
                              You should have told the soldier you loved to play "army" as a kid and should have asked, with beer can in hand, if you could play too.
                              “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

Working...