I just walked into a full on military exercise in my own front yard...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DONNIEP
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
    It's probably just a state training excercise approved by the governor and local law enforcement. Just in case the teabaggers go crazy with that militia bullshit.
    Probably, but it's a damned good way for them to get their brains blown out since they didn't tell anybody ahead of time.
    American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

They are practicing to keep YOU under control, should the need arise...

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Sounds like they need more practice.
        Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
          It amazes me that people who live in California, the most backwards state in the country, find the term "hick" to be to be a derogatory .

I don't. My southern friends don't mind when I call them hick, hillbilly or redneck. Proud.

Just don't make fun of their pickup trucks and everything else will be fine......
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DONNIEP
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
            They are practicing to keep YOU under control, should the need arise...
            Well, a dozen guys with M4s would definitely do the trick...

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DONNIEP
              The closest thing to a military base around here (here being Cherryville NC) is the National Guard Armory over on the other side of the county. I called them - twice - and they said they didn't know anything about it. It's not that I think it was some kind of sinister, secret exercise, although it would be cool if it was I mean, the dude I spoke to was friendly as he could be, told me his name and everything. Hell, I should have gotten in my car and driven up the road to see if there was anything going on, but the only thing up the road is a little old graveyard, more houses, pastures and fields.

Roughly how old were the soldiers? Where they teen or early 20's newbs, or did they look a bit older: say 25-40?

Comment

• DONNIEP
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Mar 2004

I only saw the one dude up close - the guy that was running down the street. He looked like he was in his early 30s maybe, black dude, and when he stopped to speak to me he wasn't even breathing hard - and he was running at a good clip with a big ass ruck on his back. The guy was as friendly as he could be. I should have asked him a bunch of questions but it shocked the shit out of me and I really didn't know what to think. Hell, I still can't figure it out.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

They could have been spec ops running some sort of training/hazing ritual. How far are you from Fort Bragg?

Comment

• DONNIEP
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    They could have been spec ops running some sort of training/hazing ritual. How far are you from Fort Bragg?
                    I'm about 165 miles from Fort Bragg.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Mar 2004

Here we go again...

Comment

• motherchicken
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                        I can remember when I was little hearing sonic booms before they made flying supersonic above populated areas illegal. Some of them would really shake our house and rattle the dishes in the china cupboard.
                        I lived a couple miles from the main entrance to Edwards Air Force Base In California for years. The space shuttle flew right over my house every time it landed at Edwards. There would always be two sonic booms that would rattle the house every time right before it came into view.
                        I'm used to sonic booms since I lived in the Antelope Valley over thirty years. I could see the flight line at plant 42 from a place I worked for almost ten years. They built the shuttle, the stealth bomber, the stealth fighter, the B-2 and I'm pretty sure they even built the SR71 Blackbird at plant 42. If you drive from Lancaster to Palmdale on Sierra Hwy they fly right over the road low enough to feel the heat from the exhaust as they are taking off.
                        Last edited by motherchicken; 10-23-2012, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• DONNIEP
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Well this time a buddy of mine that lives down the road saw these dudes and was completely freaked out. He called me and was flipping out. It has to be a bunch of morons playing army but it's too fucking weird.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Given the last incident had no explanation... I'd suggest dialing 911 next time these guys are spotted and report armed men in the neighborhood with assault rifles. If it's a legit military exercise it shouldn't be in residential areas... without awareness of local law enforcement. If they are trespassing... post a few of those cheap No Trespassing signs in your front and back yard... then call em in if they show again.

This could turn dangerous... for any party in the area... homeowner sees armed guys grabs gun pops off a warning shot... Doubtful if this was a legit military drill they'd be carrying live ammo, but if they are then how are they going to react when Joe 6-Pack engages?
                            "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• DONNIEP
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Mar 2004

I told my buddy to call the cops and he said "fuck that". And just for the record - I didn't even know who Alex Jones was when I first posted this months ago. But I have since sat through his Bohemian Grove video on YouTube and its the biggest load of shit I've ever seen. I don't think these guys running around out here are military. Nor do I go around making outrageous claims. But at least two other people have seen these dudes now so I can't be completely nuts

Comment

• ZahZoo
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

If they aren't military then you have a very dangerous situation in your hood... if you have concerns about your local law enforcement... potentially in collusion with these guys... I'd say at least an exploratory call to the FBI would be a consideration on my mind.

I live among the Ozark hillbillies and weirdos... most are just deer and duck hunters in cammo outfits. But if I were to observe or encounter armed folks at night in my rural residential area... I'd be taking measures to get it shut down or at least get them run off to some other play ground away from my kids and home.
                                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...