Are employers today looking for a fuckin' ass-kissing, goose-stepping robot?!?!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

Are employers today looking for a fuckin' ass-kissing, goose-stepping robot?!?!

Most of the 70+ jobs I've applied for have required this damn personality test. After I take every single one of them, I never get hired. Guess those corporate fucks don't like honesty! I hope the assholes they hired who matched their damn assessment winds up stealing their shit, embezzling their cash, never show up, have affair with their wife and other horrible things that will make them regret not hiring me. Fuckers!
  • BITEYOASS
    ROTH ARMY ELITE
    • Jan 2004

From now on, I'm gonna lie on every one of these personality tests.

Comment

• fourthcoming

You might have to pull a George Costanza........

Comment

• clarathecarrot
        Full Member Status

• May 2010

I took one once back in 1986, they were new back then, they would ask the same question, but word it differently about 50 questions furthur down the test, there is a pattern, I noticed to these tests and you have to stay sharp...like there were 350 questioons on this fucking thing .But only 50 real questions backwards and sideways, over and over again.

How are you supposed to answer correctly, when they ask ....How do you feel about a dead dog on the side walk across your path..etc..

A. Bad
        B. unconcerned
        C.Sad for the dog owners loss.

Just complete dumbshit!! stuff,.. and then the same question worded differently down the line, there is no right answer. I believe they just want to find out if you can answer the same "different" question consistently as in ,...the test predicts your abilty to think and remember complex emotional situations consistenly...and do you have the patience to sit thru it without answering all (B's) and saying fuck it.

I swore I would never take another and haven't had to..If asked now, I would decline and say any company who has to rely on this way of interviewing probably isn't concerned about finding a good employee but more than likely it makes it evident that they don't care who it is or why that is applying for the job....kindly decline and walk out the door after explaining the above.

More than likely thier HR Person is inventing this shit (company policy) to take the liability of hiring a bad employee out of thier personal hands ...it's bullshit.
        Last edited by clarathecarrot; 06-02-2012, 06:34 PM.
        2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
        clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

George never seemed to have a problem getting a job. He just didn't keep them very long. Of course when you pretend to be disabled, build a bed under the desk, or bang the cleaning lady on top of it, employers tend to frown on that

Vandelay Industries never needed no goddamned assessment test!
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• SunisinuS
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • May 2010

Originally posted by FORD
            George never seemed to have a problem getting a job. He just didn't keep them very long. Of course when you pretend to be disabled, build a bed under the desk, or bang the cleaning lady on top of it, employers tend to frown on that

Embedding disabled by request...apparently George could not even keep this job.
            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
              Full Member Status

• May 2010

My other thought has been... why should I give this company a free, hour & 1/2 of my time and not get paid for it...say something like... I will take the test after you hire me and I am on the clock....lol.

They would love that ...lol

(p.s. shhhh...don't let anyone know this...shhhhh.... they can use these tests against you in court later..as a personality profile evidence because interpetation is easily manipulated by a savvy lawyer.)

Hell no I am not Paranoid !! ...I'll be right back ..I left something in the trunk of my flame thrower..uh... gun case ..uh .. no,.. I mean.....I mean... I forgot my resume in my car ...be right back...lol.
              Last edited by clarathecarrot; 06-02-2012, 06:52 PM.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by FORD

That was one of the best running gags on that show Georga and his ability to get jobs with absolutely no inclination or skills at the task.

That show was really good.

Comment

• mohican
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jul 2011

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
                  From now on, I'm gonna lie on every one of these personality tests.
                  What industry is this? Assessment tests are for hiring managers that are too lazy or inexperience to judge candidates. It's annoying as hell for the job seekers. I was interviewed by Oracle during the internet bubble where they hired a bunch of really young people and giving them managing positions. I went from dept to dept being interviewed by bubbly people. They had no idea what to ask me as far as my fit for the position. Rather, they kept emphasizing that they choose people that "fit" in. One pointed out to me the photos on her walls of her team going skiing etc. I looked around and the place was like a little fraternity/sorority. That's how they choose candidates. This was the business side though. I'm sure they don't choose the tech people on such a superficial level.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

I remember on one employee evaluation a question asked if you were a liar. I responded yes. Then in the interview I was asked about my response and I said we have all gone over to someone's house and their wife makes dinner and the food is lousy. Now the best thing to do is not over play the lie and thank her for dinner. If she asks how it was then say something complimentary. It's still a lie though but maybe the lie is better than hurting someone's feelings or ruining a friendship. They liked my answer. I guess a lot of people answer no and that makes you look too good. LOL!
                    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• mohican
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jul 2011

Lying is a requirement for a sales job.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by mohican
                        What industry is this? Assessment tests are for hiring managers that are too lazy or inexperience to judge candidates. It's annoying as hell for the job seekers. I was interviewed by Oracle during the internet bubble where they hired a bunch of really young people and giving them managing positions. I went from dept to dept being interviewed by bubbly people. They had no idea what to ask me as far as my fit for the position. Rather, they kept emphasizing that they choose people that "fit" in. One pointed out to me the photos on her walls of her team going skiing etc. I looked around and the place was like a little fraternity/sorority. That's how they choose candidates. This was the business side though. I'm sure they don't choose the tech people on such a superficial level.
                        Before Carly Fiorina ruined Hewlett-Packard they used a system Dave Packard put together. I loved it. It was the same for the business and tech people. You had your core job but you had a lot of stuff you could choose to do on the side. Then you had quarterly evaluations and if you went the extra mile beyond just doing your core job that was part of your evaluation. I really did well on that system and got pay raises every quarter. We had an absolutely lousy network in our department. IT (It actually wasn't even called that then) was blowing us off so I just took the bull by the horns and just fixed everything myself. It wasn't in my job description, it was not my responsibility, I didn't go through proper proticol I just did it. Also, I fixed a huge problem in another division because I knew the guy in Palo Alto that had enough pull at corporate to fix it for them. Then what you do is you get them to write up a memo on how you helped and you take this in to your evaluation. There wasn't a lot of back stabbing either because the company would reward whole teams and then if you were a key player they might give you points for a promotion or some extra pay. One time I got $6,000 bonus out of the blue.

Those were the good old days.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Lying is a requirement for a sales job.
                          No shit. I actually helped develop products for our stock brokers and loan officers to use. If they were honest the company would have made no money. The honest answer would be you are paying too much but the dolt customers just care about how much a month so caviat emptor. In fact, if you are honest with them they will accuse you of cheating them because the monthly payments are more but the future value is way less. People just don't get it. In fact smart people like doctors don't get it. It always amazed me. In a way we gave the customer what they wanted and the customer begged to be ripped off. Amazing.
                          Last edited by Nitro Express; 06-02-2012, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

...though it would explain how Oracle made such a mess out of Java, Open Office, and whatever else they acquired from Sun Microsystems.
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Nitro Express
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

The problem with a lot of these corporations is the major stockholders no longer have any interest in the companies anymore. HP was a great company while Dave Packard still owned his controlling shares. When he passed away and his family sold his shares and they became owned by Wall Street then you will watch a great company be ruined. More outsourcing begins and incompetent connected management becomes the norm. It becomes a stock manipulation game betting up or down. Then of course if things get bad or even if they aren't they can get government bailouts.

What's going on now is companies like JP Morgan Chase are doing naked short sales and even issuing fake stocks. They sell the fake stocks and then use the media and other manipulation to drive the stock price down or even run the company out of business and then they pocket the money. All sorts of shit going on. That's why most the best companies left in the US are privately held. Naked short selling can't be used to ruin your company and usually management is related to the family who started the company and they have a bigger interest than just making money.

Comment

Working...