X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Troy

I'll just start posting the shit here...

Here's our team before the Tomlinson deal after the superbowl...our first roster sheet...with our first list of keepers...

ROSTER SHEET
    End of Year--2003/Pre-Year Keepers 2004

Keeper: Peyton Manning (1st round—lose 2nd rounder—acquired in trade for Aaron Brooks and Plaxico Burress)

Matt Hasselbeck: 8th Round

Keeper: Deuce McCallister (previous round—6—draft—lose 4th)

Keeper: Ricky Williams (previous round 1—draft—lose 1st)

Kevan Barlow: 9th round

Hines Ward: 3rd Round

Steve Smith: Free Agent Pickup (dropped Koren Robinson—fifth round)

Santana Moss: 10th round

Marcus Pollard: 7th round

Todd Heap: 6th round

Kicker drafting positions 11th and 12th round

Adam Vinatieri—11th round

Matt Stover—12th round

Defense Draft

Carolina (first round—7th pick)

Tennessee (first round—8th pick—traded 2nd round rookie pick)

Rookie
    Charles Rogers (first round—third pick)

I made the keepers based on a talk that we had had about who to deal for Tomlinson...we have a 2 week span after the superbowl to make a deal...we talked right after that...and I swung the deal that we talked about...and here was our April 1st roster sheet:

ROSTER SHEET
    Pre-Year Keepers 2004/Post 2 week trading session 1

Matt Hasselbeck: 8th Round

Keeper: Deuce McCallister (previous round—6—draft—lose 4th)

Keeper: LaDanian Tomlinson (Acquired in a trade for Peyton Manning and Ricky Williams--lose 1st round pick--gain 2nd round pick)

Kevan Barlow: 9th round

Hines Ward: 3rd Round

Steve Smith: Free Agent Pickup (dropped Koren Robinson—fifth round)

Santana Moss: 10th round

Marcus Pollard: 7th round

Todd Heap: 6th round

Kicker drafting positions 11th and 12th round

Adam Vinatieri—11th round

Matt Stover—12th round

Defense Draft

Carolina (first round—7th pick)

Tennessee (first round—8th pick—traded 2nd round rookie pick)

Rookie
    Charles Rogers (first round—third pick)
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

We can reset keepers after July 1st for a week...

then there usually is a 2 week period to swing some more deals...

rosters must be set by July 31...supplementals and free players are released then...followed by the supplemental draft (this year will be a big one)

Then we have our rookie draft (no date set yet)

The real draft is the Sunday before week 1...

I've got all the rules and shit...and I'll e-mail those...or post them here...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• ALinChainz
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

I may have to do simultanous drafts.

he he he ... football needs to get here ...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

LMFAO AL...This draft is for a league that I've been in for years now with buds from home...not the league here at the site...

Comment

• ALinChainz
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

LOL

Either way man, I walk around ready to draft ...

Minutes notice, boom.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

That's good to know...

I don't suppose you'd have interest in a pay league...would you?...

Comment

• ALinChainz
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

Just disolved my pay league, 12 years. Got some choices and am doing numerous teams on the net, including the kickoff of our site's dynasty leagues, so I think I will be all set.

Thanks for the invite though.

I figure if you play enough teams, everytime there is a "game break" during the one you're watching, it has to be someone doing something for you somewhere.

Did that make sense?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

How many dynasty leagues do you have going over there...I may be interested if you have an opening...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Our keeper league is having issues this year as of right now...

it's been a group of my friends for the past 7 years...and we've had a trickle down drop out...12 team league...and we're sitting at 6 teams right now...

not sure what in the hell we're going to do..

Comment

• ALinChainz
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Two 12 team leagues. I'll look into it, there maybe one.

Sucks when the pay league at home fizzles. Been playing with the same core of guys for years, but it seems to get uglier each year with the bitchin' and fighting over how many keepers, rules, etc. Figured better to keep my friends than avoiding them.

I turn the ringer off at my house right at 1:00 game time anyway but these guys were getting to be a fucking pain.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

This league was flat out fantastic from the start...12 teams the entire time...and over the 7 years it's been official...meaning a pay league...there have only been 18 owners in the league (one being my brother in law covering for me last year). All were either hometown boys...or frat brothers from college...and it was a completely amicable from the start...

As we enter the marriage and baby game...people got talking and dropped out because of all the time it takes...I should probably follow their lead...but WTF...this is part of my relax time...I Love this shit...

Whatever...let me know about the dynasty league...if you have a spot...cool...let me know...

Comment

• ALinChainz
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

I will. My brother says it's probably a near certainty to have at least one opening due to all the time between the end and start of the season, 2 - 12 team leagues so bound to be a spot.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Cool...like I said...just let me know...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

We're up to 7 teams right now Troy...

if we get to 10...we're good to go...

less...we're going to disband...

If it's only 10...we're going to cut the fee a bit as well...

Where the fuck are you...

Comment

• Troy
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Jan 2004

I'm right here.

Comment

Working...