X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • So this is love
    Veteran
    • Jan 2012

RRHOF Nominees

Hopefully the RRHOF will do the right thing and induct DP and Rush...http://rockhall.com/inductees/
    Last edited by So this is love; 10-04-2012, 11:55 AM.
    Now who`s that babe with the fab-u-lous shad-ow?
  • damngoodtimes
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

Wow! Rush actuallly got nominated?!??
    David Lee Roth's the greatest motherfucker who ever lived!
    — Brian Moore (@brianpmoore666) June 26, 2012

Comment

• TJMKID
      Veteran
      • Mar 2004

I'd like to see Heart get inducted.

They were the first female-led hard rock band. Can't get any more pioneering than that.

Comment

• FORD
        ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

FORD's take on the current list of nominees:

RUSH - abso-fucking-lutely! They are long overdue. Considering they have had the same lineup since 1974, and none of them would have a problem with John Rutsey also being inducted, I don't see any reason for further delays.

HEART - No question that Ann & Nancy deserve it. It's just the perrenial question of who the Hell else is worthy. I would include the complete original lineup. Not so sure about the Van Hagarish 80's cheese corporate version (Spam even wrote a couple of their songs)

DEEP PURPLE - Only the REAL Lineup. Maybe Covercheese (as much as I hate him) and Tommy Bolin (because the dead guys always get in). Rod Evans may be the original singer, but he made himself ineligible with the Scam Purple crap he pulled in the late 70s. And definitely NOBODY who has been in the Joke Purple lineups since the 80s reunion crashed and burned should be considered for even a second.

DONNA SUMMER - FUCK NO! I don't care if she's dead. Disco is NOT rock n roll, it was the ENEMY of rock n roll. Keep her out.

JOAN JETT AND THE BLACKHEARTS - Well, I believe she's deserving, BUT they should induct THE RUNAWAYS first.

CHIC - With all due respect to Nile Rodgers, Bernard Edwards, and Tony Thompson as musicians, FUCK NO. Again, Disco is not rock and roll.

PROCUL HARUM - Well they only had one real hit, but it's a Hell of a song. Sure, why not?

ALBERT KING - Blues legend. And the Blues is one of the unmistakable roots of rock n roll. He's in.

PAUL BUTTERFIELD BLUES BAND - Honestly, I don't think I could name one of their songs. But if they have enough members still alive to take the stage, yeah why not?

NWA & PUBLIC ENEMY - Love em both, and since Grandmaster Flash and the Beastie Boys are already in, then I guess that means rap groups are eligible. I wouldn't induct both in the same year though. Chuck & Flav had their record out first, so they get the induction. And NWA next year.

RANDY NEWMAN - He's written a few decent songs, but were they rock n roll? Not really. Wouldn't be one of my picks.

THE METERS - Admittedly, all I know of them is that their drummer played for the New Barbarians in 1979. So I can't really have an opinion.

MARVELLETTES - Not my favorite Motown group by any means, but they are a Motown group, so why the Hell not? I wouldn't put them ahead of Rush, Heart, or the actual lineup of Deep Purple, but after that, I'd vote for 'em.

KRAFTWERK - Can't say I'm a huge fan, but they were pioneers in what they did, and now that groups from the 80's are being inducted, surely bands who were influenced by Kraftwerk will make the cut, so they certainly should get there themselves. Again, not one I would make a top priority, but if there's room on the ballot, why not?
        Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

RUSH - Yep

HEART - Yep

DEEP PURPLE - Yep

DONNA SUMMER - She made some R&B and some decent disco rock as did the Bee Gees, so I say maybe. Donna Summer was a big star...

JOAN JETT AND THE BLACKHEARTS - She had a couple of songs that stand the test of time, but she still sucks...so do The Throwaways and Lita FORD...and that other chick...

CHIC - Ummm...again, they made some pretty rocking disco, so maybe. They were big too at one time...

PROCUL HARUM - I guess so...

ALBERT KING - I guess so...I'm a blues junkie...

PAUL BUTTERFIELD BLUES BAND - No, you can't nominate everyone who ever had a song...

NWA & PUBLIC ENEMY - Nah, I do like Public Enemy though...

RANDY NEWMAN - No, but compared to some other crap that get's nominated, maybe...

THE METERS - No...

MARVELLETTES - No, again not every act that had a song on the charts should get in...

KRAFTWERK - Nope...

That's my take...

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

You really hate Joan Jett and the Runaways?

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Shame John Lord's not here to see it....
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

It's too bad that somebody has to die before some of these bands even get nominated. Just ask Joe Strummer or Joey Ramone about that.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• TJMKID
                  Veteran
                  • Mar 2004

No way in hell Joan Jett deserves to be inducted based on her solo career. It was mediocre at best. Same with Lita Ford's career.

They both deserve to be inducted with the Runaways, though.

Originally posted by FORD
                  You really hate Joan Jett and the Runaways?

Comment

• hambon4lif
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Jun 2004

Once again, Cheap Trick is nowhere on the list...

....therefore, that entire place can suck my motherfucking dick!!!

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

That fucking cherry bomb song sucks cock more than each member did to get a record deal...

Comment

• Hardrock69
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Feb 2005

Pretty much agree with all of the above.

Am SUPER glad Rush, Heart, DP and Albert King got nominated. They all should get in.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

What is it now for Deep Purple - 15 or 16 of them?

If I was Rush I would be seriously tempted to tell them to go fuck themselves after being passed over for so many years.

Who gave these people the right to be an authority on anything?

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

because they're from Rolling Stone magazine...duh!

and there are probably 8 t0 10 former members of the Blackhearts...which of them get in?

well looky here, a fan vote that will count for "less than 0.17%" of the total.

Want to help put Rush or N.W.A. or Deep Purple in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Well, this year, for the first time ever, the Rock Hall is giving the fans a say in an online poll.
                            Last edited by twonabomber; 10-05-2012, 01:24 AM.
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                              ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

Don't really like any band on the list but NWA on the rock n roll hall of fame?

Ugh
                              I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                              Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

Working...