X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Fooking tv rubbish......

Ok, so waiting for some telebision program to come on...

I catched the end of some drama called "Mind Games".......

If this is the state of current TV drama I am appalled......not that I expected by some miracle that TV production would have evolved somewhat over the past 40 years.....

Technology has improved, for sure....but direction, screenplay, acting, dialog, etc. etc. are another story....

A 40-minute-long endless series of soundbites masquerading as lame, regurgitated dialog in a post-modern Joe Friday-esque delivery.

After 3 minutes I wanted to scream. So I muted the audio and began to type this irrational stupidity. It was only on another minute or so...it's detrimental effects have been neutralized....

The horror....

the horror.....

the horror.....

Is it any wonder I watch documentaries?

Sure, it is possible this is not representative of a large segment of modern-day network programming, but for some reason it looked so fucking cookie-cutter in the overall production values, the dialog......even the costuming and set dressing......they are all the same fucking monotonous yet pedestrian shades of black, grey and khaki.......One Life To Live gone Prime-time.....all that is missing is the cheezy organ in the background......

On a slightly relevent note....I had gone to see the Star Crack: Next Generation movies at the theater.....I think First Contact was the last one that really seemed like a film. The next one I was sitting there watching it, and about 30 minutes in I realized I was watching an expanded 1-hour TV script with a bunch of dollars thrown at it.

I actually got up and walked out before it was over. I realized the fucking thing had been directed by someone who had no real experience directing motion pictures, but had worked extensively in the television field......

The reboot of Star Trek got it right. It was a FILM. Not an overblown TV episode with Captain Picard at the helm.

Had never really recognized the differences as such until that point...what...in the late 90s? But then I am not in the picture business, and had not really paid attention to that.....these days it is easier for me to spot directors who have worked in television but have made the leap to working in pictures. Can't describe it. A sort of "small homogenized" production style.

Ugh....

Fortunately I have the ability to change channels at will. This ability has saved me from many painful hours of torment at the hands of evil yet incapable television producers.

But we must consider, Ridley Scott directed TV commercials before he got into pictures.

Not everyone is Sir Scott though.

Certainly not the director of that supposed television show I saw....
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 03-05-2014, 12:56 AM.
  • ELVIS
    Banned
    • Dec 2003

Just fucking get rid of TV, dumbass...

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

No, how many times do I have to tell you, stupid, I don't want your used gay-boy magazines.

Stop trying to foist that crap off on me, or I will tell your husband. Does he know you are fooling around on him?

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Fuck off...

You're not even remotely entertaining...

Comment

• Hardrock69
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Feb 2005

Says the uneducated Louisiana King Of Trailer Trash wannabe......

Nobody is forcing you to read this, dumbass.

If you don't like it, throw away your fucking computer.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

The following post will have far more educational and entertainment value than everything you have ever posted on the internet, tool.

Comment

• Hardrock69
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Feb 2005

`````

Comment

• Hardrock69
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2005

Admit it you retarded fuck....you wish you could post anything that is even remotely as entertaining as the above post....

Elvis.....the half-wit bastard step-child and sex toy of this guy:

Comment

• chefcraig
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Apr 2004

For me episodic tv suffered a great decline for decades after St. Elsewhere and Hill Street Blues. Hell, even the comedy shows like Family Ties and Cheers were worth watching. And soon after...nothing, for over decade. (Yeah, name something worthwhile between 1989 and sometime in the 2000s, other tha a couple of retro shows, some teen confusion and sci fi shows.)

Then for no apparent reason, sometime after 9/11, the Fox spinoff channel FX came up with The Shield, making the cops as bad guys and completely changing the tv landscape forever, setting the way for Mad Men, The Walking Dead, Hell On Wheels and Justified. To a lighter extent, USA came up with Burn Notice, (OK, sue me...it's sort of a soap opera, yet what isn't?)Royal Pains and the excellent White Collar.

Semi-reality wise, I avoid the backwoods nitwit axers and alligator wrestlers, home make over and storage bin foragers. The Amish and some supposed moonshiners? OK, if nothing else is on. It's all fake anyway.

I do love Pawn Stars, Counting Cars and American Restoration.

Good tv DOES EXIST, ya just need basic cable to find it.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                  ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I would add History channel's Vikings is a great new series.

Also looking forward to the new series Cosmos to see if it's worth a watch... I got a feeling it won't live up to the hype though.
                    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Zing!
                      Veteran
                      • Oct 2011

I've been digging Through The Wormhole With Morgan Freeman lately.
                      My karma just ran over your dogma.

Comment

• ELVIS
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2003

TV is designed to keep the sheeple asleep...

Keep watching it, Hardhead00...

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Good TV costs money to produce. You have to have good writers, producers, and actors. The industry found they could make more money selling reality TV. The production costs of a reality TV show is far less than producing a top notch sit-com. The industry will sell the public the cheapest product it's willing to accept. So really, the TV only reflects the public in general and the public has become stupid.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• FORD
                            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
                            Good TV costs money to produce. You have to have good writers, producers, and actors. The industry found they could make more money selling reality TV. The production costs of a reality TV show is far less than producing a top notch sit-com. The industry will sell the public the cheapest product it's willing to accept. So really, the TV only reflects the public in general and the public has become stupid.
                            Boils down to greedy corporations hatred of unions.....

You had union writers creating shows acted by union actors working on sets built by union crews. And the greedy corporate fucks who have bought all the TV networks couldn't stand that.

And since this thread started with a criticism of the new show "Mind Games", let me add this...... I've only seen the pilot episode, so I haven't really made up my mind about it yet. But what I DID like about it, is that it was openly honest about the manipulative bullshit that is thrown in our faces every day..... much of it coming from the corporate media itself. Based on that reason alone, ABC/Di$ney will probably be pressured to cancel it, regardless of what the ratings are. If they move the show to their Thursday 8:00 PM "death slot", you know it's toast..........
                            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

What it is about is actually irrelevant though.

I was not lecturing about the content....I was lecturing about the production of the thing.

Originally posted by ELVIS
                              TV is designed to keep the sheeple asleep...

Keep watching it, Hardhead00...
                              I rarely watch TV. That is YOUR pacifier, idiot.

Well...that and your husband's tiny penis......

Comment

Working...