X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

FORD's March Madness 2014 Thread

Yeah, as of right now, it's 10 days before you can even put up your brackets, but I was bored and had a few minutes to kill, so I thought I would set it up. You can still join the group early, even though the brackets aren't yet available.

Group Name: FORD's March Madness 2014
    Group Password: wawazat

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

I normally do not give a fuck about NCAA sports.

But last year WSU made it to the final four!

And this year they were the only undefeated team at the end of a season! A perfect 31-0!!!

Sure....not saying much because their opponents were the notriously weak teams of the Missouri Valley Conference....but you can't get to the Final Four without being able to play some ball...

So this season has been interesting. Game is on ESPN, watch for about 10 minutes until they get a 20-point lead, then check back in just before the end of the game to watch them win....still with a 20-point lead.

So I will watch every game I can when the tournament begins.

They occasionally are in the national spotlight. For awhile in the 80s or 90s their baseball team were NCAA champs.

Their football team sucked so bad, the program was discontinued in the 70s, lol.

I went to some of their football games in the late 60s, and we always left saying "Well....maybe next time...." as the score would be 80-3 in favor of the visiting team, lol.

Just glad they have a winning team right now.

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

In the Missouri Valley Tournament, WSU is ahead of Missouri State by 32 points with 10 minutes left.....I think this will make them 33 out of 33....

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Hoping Virginia can beat Duke today and make a deep run in the NCAA....Elite 8 maybe..

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

OK, the brackets are up, so fucking sign up already!
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Von Halen
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Originally posted by Hardrock69
            I normally do not give a fuck about NCAA sports.

But last year WSU made it to the final four!

And this year they were the only undefeated team at the end of a season! A perfect 31-0!!!

Sure....not saying much because their opponents were the notriously weak teams of the Missouri Valley Conference....but you can't get to the Final Four without being able to play some ball...

So this season has been interesting. Game is on ESPN, watch for about 10 minutes until they get a 20-point lead, then check back in just before the end of the game to watch them win....still with a 20-point lead.

So I will watch every game I can when the tournament begins.

They occasionally are in the national spotlight. For awhile in the 80s or 90s their baseball team were NCAA champs.

Their football team sucked so bad, the program was discontinued in the 70s, lol.

I went to some of their football games in the late 60s, and we always left saying "Well....maybe next time...." as the score would be 80-3 in favor of the visiting team, lol.

Just glad they have a winning team right now.
            Having your entire football team perish in a plane crash, doesn't help.

Joe Carter played baseball there. Traditionally, WSU has a great baseball program.

Don't forget about the original "Bookend Forwards", Antoine Carr and Cliff Levingston. Not to mention, Xavier McDaniel.

I would love to see them go back to the Final Four, but it doesn't seem the NCAA Selection Committee has the same desire. WSU got royally fucked with their Region.

Comment

• Fairwrning
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jan 2004

Im in...I know little about college ball so Im a lock..

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Yeah, like I know anything about this shit?

My bracket is inevitably shot to Hell by the Sweet 16... but I always do it anyway, just for shits and giggles.

I'd never actually bet money on this shit though. I'd be running from bookies and loan sharks the rest of my life.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
                  Veteran
                  • Jun 2005

Hint - let your wife of girlfriend pick your bracket. This is a sure fire way to possibly win.
                  RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
                  LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2009

Nice to see Warning signed up, I look forward to kicking his ass in something besides football

Comment

• Fairwrning
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

We didnt even play last year fucker!!....I want a showdown this year..

Im past due for a playoff run.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Fairwrning
                        We didnt even play last year fucker!!....I want a showdown this year..

Im past due for a playoff run.
                        So are the girls
                        Unfortunately my friend it won't be happening for either of you.

Comment

• Kristy
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

College basketball so god damn boring. It's like watching Sammy Hagar shoot hoops.

Comment

• TFM_Dale
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Kristy
                            College basketball so god damn boring. It's like watching Sammy Hagar shoot hoops.
                            That would require effort and some talent, Lord knows that talentless hack has never put effort into anything other than destroying bands. He does have a knack for that though.

Comment

• Kristy
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

College sports
                              :-)

Comment

Working...