X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • usermike2098
    Roth Army Recruit
    • Apr 2004

Dont Hate Sammy-Its Not His Fault

With all the hooplah about the Hagar tour, I think alot of people are pointing their fingers at the wrong person. Yes, I am a Dave/VH fan, and am not fond of Sammy Hagar. However, I went and saw the show in Toronto last weekend at came to a realization. Sammy was definetly trying and putting effort into his part of the band. The guy has come under alot of critizism for not being up to Dave's level of talent, but at least the guy is out there every night giving it 110% (even though other members of the band arent)

So in closing, maybe its not right to blame anyone for the current state of Van Halen. If anyone is responsible for the state of the band, maybe blame the other three members for their apparent lack of interest in the band (and in other cases, life)
  • horty07
    Head Fluffer
    • Jun 2004

You make an interesting point, but I still hate Sammy.

Comment

• pkolb
      Groupie
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by horty07
      You make an interesting point, but I still hate Sammy.
      Yeah, thanks for those thought-provoking remarks. Now let's get on with the business of exposing this no talent douche-bag for what he really is.

Comment

• Sheep Hunter
        Full On Cocktard
        • Jul 2004

Re: Dont Hate Sammy-Its Not His Fault

Originally posted by usermike2098
        With all the hooplah about the Hagar tour, I think alot of people are pointing their fingers at the wrong person. Yes, I am a Dave/VH fan, and am not fond of Sammy Hagar. However, I went and saw the show in Toronto last weekend at came to a realization. Sammy was definetly trying and putting effort into his part of the band. The guy has come under alot of critizism for not being up to Dave's level of talent, but at least the guy is out there every night giving it 110% (even though other members of the band arent)

So in closing, maybe its not right to blame anyone for the current state of Van Halen. If anyone is responsible for the state of the band, maybe blame the other three members for their apparent lack of interest in the band (and in other cases, life)
        Yew are a sheep. Sammy Haygaw is a wying fucking pwick,

and yew my fweind are a mowon. I have to kiwll you now!!

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Yes the Mighty Spammy , who has bashed Dave and made up lie after lie to help back up his points. Great guy! Oh by the way...............he fuckin' sucks! Thanks for playin'...........

Comment

• Big Train
            Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Allright, I'll bite. To be fair to Sammy, it very well maybe that he is putting up a great A game. Maybe he is trying and I agree with you about the other points. Michael is writing himself a check, Al is trying to keep out of physical therapy and Ed is just trying to keep his life together. They might be a tad occupied. Sammy is trying to prove something to the world that ultimately isn't true. He is playing the hand that he was dealt and perhaps very well. It is just, as long as current mathematics hold up, 1+1=2, Sammy plus VH isn't the right equation. Sammy took the ride a long time ago, rode the gravy train and did what he could do with the band, but ultimately, he isn't the right guy for the job.

That's fair and honest to the man. I'm sure in many other roles in life he is probably spectacular.

Comment

• Panamark
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jan 2004

No you are wrong, Its all Sammy's fault. During the Dave/Sam tour he was fucking recorded, telling the world he would only go back with Van Halen if it was both Dave and Sammy. It was the only fair way to do it for the fans.

Fuck you Hagar, I dont forget shit that was said not even a year ago...
              We are not as stupid as your fans....
              BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• bru87tr
                Commando
                • Apr 2004

Hagar has said to many bad things and to think Ed will still bring him back after all the things said (way more than what ed and dave said to eachother) boggles the mind!

I think the bros hated that dave lead this band and did it like nobody else could. alex and ed have bigger egos than Dave ever has. atleast Dave is himself and has never lied to anyone.

its a control issue and alex and ed want to make this band a success without Dave and part of that is because the band is named VH. its a control issue.

sam..... there was a day I gave it thought but this guy is a big asshole! he couldnt tell the truth if his life depended on it! he has done everything in his power to make VH his band and has failed. why he cries about Dave or has anything to say about him is beyond me. he wasnt in the band then and he was not there! he should say nothing!

you cant believe a word out of sams mouth and he is bad for both sides of classic VH. ed needs to wake up cause sam is not a friend!

atleast Dave has always told the truth. Dave has and would never lie!
                "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• ROTHandRoll
                  Groupie
                  • Jul 2004

Well said. Dave's idea of a tour deals w/ creativity and giving an honest performance. Spamster and the Spamettes are motivated by $$$$ and $$$$ alone. It's sad that they threw this tour together and released 3 so-called songs that sound as if they were created over the weekend while attempting to test out pro-tools. The only tools are the band members right now.

Comment

• JCOOK

DIDNT' LIKE ROY BEFORE, CANT' STAND THE WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT NOW.

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                      Veteran
                      • Jan 2004

Sammy tries.....big FN deal.....he tries, he still slags on Dave, and his voice is still in the range of Yoko Oh No. He can 'try' all he wants, his voice is still irritating and he'll always be known as the guy that 'tried' to outdo Dave, and continues to fail miserably...
                      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• scottydabodi
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jun 2004

Sam Sucks

Y'know, I don't blame Sam. I blame Ed. Eddie went to Sam and told him he'd get paid BIG $$$ for getting back with them... Shit, I'd do it!! How much loot d'ya think Sam is getting for this tour? Probably a lot more than his solo tour, huh? Sam still sux, though... Get some singin' lessons, DUDE!! Watch out for Titties!!
                        If you listen to fools
                        The Mob Rules

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

Re: Dont Hate Sammy-Its Not His Fault

What the fuck?? Don't blame Sam?? Cmon, Sam Hagar single

handedly destroyed the best rock band in the world by writing shitty

pop lovesong lyrics and destroying any decent music Ed could

come up with. Even the few and far between rocking songs Ed did

manage to write, Hagar completely ruined with lousy unimaginitive

lyrics.

Yes the sisters disliked Dave when he left, but Hagar incouraged

this by continuously slagging off a guy he had never met. He

poured gas on the flames for one reason only, to create job

security for himself and make sure it would take a freakin'

miracle for these guys ever to work together again.

I am sure Sam called Al not to say hi but because he new that

if he didn't squezze his fat ass back into the band for this tour,

the sister's would finally make Dave an offer he couldn't refuse.

Sammy Hagar's worst nightmare is a Van Halen that includes

David Lee Roth and NOT Sammy Hagar.

Comment

• Mezro
                            Full Member Status

• May 2004

Sam wants a little break from the Roth fans? OK, here is what you do fat boy: step down as the singer and publicly admit that you are not the right guy for the job.

Stand up like a man and explain to the world how you are a coward/fraud and that you have tarnished the legacy of a once incredible band. Admit that DLR is the true voice of VH and you were nothing more than a rent-a-cop keeping the throne warm.

Mezro...do that Sam and we may cut you some slack...fucking weak hedgehog slowed by genital warts...
                            Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• 5150Clown
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Mar 2004

This was the headline today when I got into Yahoo this morning:

U.N. Aims to Bring Spam 'Epidemic' to End

hehehehehe....if we need NATO, the UN or GreenPeace...please get rid of the Spammy Hagar dude.
                              "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Comment

Working...