pop lovesong lyrics and destroying any decent music Ed could

come up with. Even the few and far between rocking songs Ed did

manage to write, Hagar completely ruined with lousy unimaginitive

lyrics.

Yes the sisters disliked Dave when he left, but Hagar incouraged

this by continuously slagging off a guy he had never met. He

poured gas on the flames for one reason only, to create job

security for himself and make sure it would take a freakin'

miracle for these guys ever to work together again.

I am sure Sam called Al not to say hi but because he new that

if he didn't squezze his fat ass back into the band for this tour,

the sister's would finally make Dave an offer he couldn't refuse.

Sammy Hagar's worst nightmare is a Van Halen that includes

David Lee Roth and NOT Sammy Hagar.

Give this man a vote.

Very well said GUWAPO!

Comment

• MAX
      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Honestly, it's just easier for me to hate Spammy. It saves time.
      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Terry
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Fuck Hagar. He's shown zero respect to the classic lineup and the fans of said group.

He should have been thanking Dave every chance he got for helping to build a legendary band and then quitting. Only reason Hagar is even remembered is in reference to the first guy who tried to replace Dave and helped the sisters turn what was once a mighty rock band into a power ballad sham.

Study in contrasts:

Look how Cherone handled the daunting shadow of the original lineup. He respected what they had done and said so. Half of the attitude classic fans sling Hagar's way has been due to tubby's comments, the other half because Van Hagar's music just wasn't as good.

It might be different if Red Tubs had anything to offer. Not even talking in terms of comparisons to Dave, but as a frontman and lyricist in his own right. But the guy is just a cliche. Got nothing original to say, and says it in a one key voice.
        Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• sgtrj2003

Ladies and gentlemen, the facts in this case are quite simple. First, admit to yourselves that DLR simply doesn't have the voice to make a go of it any more. I've seen Diamond Dave perform several times over the past few years, and his voice is shot. On this fact alone, VH made the right decision in reuniting with Sammy. Second, DLR needs VH a hell of alot more than Sam. If the reunion tour would end today, Sam wouldn't miss a beat and would go right back on tour with the Waboritas. Instead of recording, Diamond Dave is training to be an EMT....what's wrong Dave? The whole problem with most of the people on this site is that you fail to admit reality...Dave WAS the better frontman of VH, but he simply doesn't possess the goods to get the job done anymore. CASE DISMISSED !!

Comment

• MUSICMANN
            Sniper
            • Apr 2004

Dude, your in some lost in spammy space time warp. Dave proved just the other night that he still has all the goods to lead VH. And i truly am starting to think, with the lack of interest that Ed , AL and mike are giving in their performances, There might be some, we made the wrong decision on doing this tour with Sammy. It just seems to me that they realize now that the tour is just a rehashed 1994 tour all over again, and what the VH fans and just music fans in general wanted to see was a full blown origional VH reunion. I think that what you had was ED, AL and mike ready and chomping at the bit to get out on the road, and their management putting this shit togeither. Go and take a look at some of the pics off this tour, you have ED, when his hair is down and not trying to act like bam bam, looking like the guitar god that he is, AL and mike as steady as ever, then you have the ronald the Spammy macdonald fat boy looking like a fan who got on stage asking for a autogragh. Why don't you go to classicVH.com and take a look back to the real deal. You will see that ED , AL and mike still got it, SAMMY never had it, and DAVE invented it and will always be it.

Comment

• hot for david
              Head Fluffer
              • Apr 2004

"life can be good with the right people"- andi deris

Woman Of Dark Desires
              http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...9b5fac7ede.jpg

Comment

• JCOOK

DAVE DOESNT' HAVE THE GOODS-- MY ASS! DAVE COULD OUT DO ROY SEVEN DAYS A WEEK AND TWICE ON SUNDAY! THE BROTHERS GRIM ARE TOO STUBBORN TO ADMIT IT!

Comment

• dysfunction
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by usermike2098
                  With all the hooplah about the Hagar tour, I think alot of people are pointing their fingers at the wrong person. Yes, I am a Dave/VH fan, and am not fond of Sammy Hagar. However, I went and saw the show in Toronto last weekend at came to a realization. Sammy was definetly trying and putting effort into his part of the band. The guy has come under alot of critizism for not being up to Dave's level of talent, but at least the guy is out there every night giving it 110% (even though other members of the band arent)

So in closing, maybe its not right to blame anyone for the current state of Van Halen. If anyone is responsible for the state of the band, maybe blame the other three members for their apparent lack of interest in the band (and in other cases, life)
                  Good point.
                  Was it Sammy's fault Dave left in 85? NO
                  Was it Sammy's fault Dave was doing an Axl Rose in 96? NO
                  Was it Sammy's fault Dave took the band to court? NO
                  Was it Sammy's fault Dave got lawyers involved, because Dave was more interested in the money than the music? NO

Comment

• ALinChainz
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by dysfunction
                    Good point.
                    Was it Sammy's fault Dave left in 85? NO
                    Was it Sammy's fault Dave was doing an Axl Rose in 96? NO
                    Was it Sammy's fault Dave took the band to court? NO
                    Was it Sammy's fault Dave got lawyers involved, because Dave was more interested in the money than the music? NO
                    They renegotiated their deal WITHOUT Roth, that was wrong. Would you have let that shit go? Ed, Al, and Mike all making more money off the classic stuff and not Dave, when he wrote the lyrics?

If Ed, Al, and Mike were cheating Sammy out of money under the same circumstance, would you bash Sammy?

No one likes to be cheated out of something that belongs to them, you wouldn't either.

You talk about other people being dumb ... Jesus Christ.

Comment

• dysfunction
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ALinChainz
                      They renegotiated their deal WITHOUT Roth, that was wrong. Would you have let that shit go? Ed, Al, and Mike all making more money off the classic stuff and not Dave, when he wrote the lyrics?

If Ed, Al, and Mike were cheating Sammy out of money under the same circumstance, would you bash Sammy?

No one likes to be cheated out of something that belongs to them, you wouldn't either.

You talk about other people being dumb ... Jesus Christ.
                      Well, you seemed to have answered the last 2 questions, but what about the first 2? Was it Sammy's fault Dave left and did an Axl Rose? I'm not for sure but didn't Dave drop the lawsuit, because he knew he didn't have a chance to win?

Comment

• MAX
                        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by dysfunction
                        Well, you seemed have answered the last 2 questions, but what about the first 2? Was is Sammy's fault Dave left and did an Axl Rose? I'm not for sure but didn't Dave drop the lawsuit, because he knew he didn't have a chance to win?
                        Allow me to retort.

It is Spammy's fault that he and Ed Leffler tried their best to ignore and distance Van Hagar from any of the band's material during Roth's tenure. It is also Spammy's fault dividing thr fans by instigating the insults with Roth.

Dave's fault in '96? Please?

As for the lawsuit, I believe that was settled out of court.
                        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• ALinChainz
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

He dropped the lawsuit wiht predjudice, because he CAN win, EASILY, and this way it can be re-opened, anytime. This was a goodwill gesture by Dave, no question. This was done before the sisters got Sam back in. They tried to fuck Dave out of royalties that were rightfully just as much his, maybe even more than Al and Mike.

I'm not sure what you mean by Dave doing an Axl, he has an ego, we all know it, but Axl drove everybody out, and kept the name, and is now trying to mask this band he has now as GnR because he fucked Slash and the rest out of the rights to the name.

That sounds like what Ed did. Dave may have quit, but you think it was for nothing more than his ego, and that isn't the truth. The canned Sammy, look at the shit he said about Ed, and now has to eat all his words because he wanted back in so bad once he knew it wouldn't be Roth. Don't think Sam was the first choice, other than back in '85-'86.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                            Allow me to retort.

It is Spammy's fault that he and Ed Leffler tried their best to ignore and distance Van Hagar from any of the band's material during Roth's tenure. It is also Spammy's fault dividing thr fans by instigating the insults with Roth.

Dave's fault in '96? Please?

As for the lawsuit, I believe that was settled out of court.
                            Agreed.

No way in hell is '96 Dave's fault.

Not after reading the book and what Sammy cried about over and over.

Eddie.

Comment

• dysfunction
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                              This still doesn't answer whether or not it was Sammy's fault Dave left, because you already know the answer. And yes it was Dave's fault in 96, although Eddie played some part in it. It was all Dave in 2000.

Comment

• ALinChainz
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jan 2004

Dude, you don't have your history right.

Ed was, and maybe still is after that Boston drunken stroll, a big time drunk. In need of an intervention.

You don't have your facts straight at all which makes this discussion nearly pointless.

And that ovation that they got on the MTV Awards that night, I'll never forget it.

You got it bad for Dave bashing, you're bending facts.

Comment

Working...