Warning: Undefined array key "birthday" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/notice.php on line 1 Who came first, Sammy or Dave? - The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who came first, Sammy or Dave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who came first, Sammy or Dave?

All the sammy fans must of backed into VH. It is unbeleiveable that any one would take an anti Dave era stance if they became a fan in 78. Im I wrong? If so I would love to hear it. My susspision is most sammy fans were to young or to dorky. Im sure all the dorks of the world were afraid to go to a VH show in the day. They welcomed sammy in the name of all that is not cool. REVENGE! Or..... Dave fucked their mom.

the sammy years when fuck came out (i was about 12)which is probably why i hated van halen for the longest time. then i heard some songs off 1984 and realized so this is why everyone likes vh

Comment

1978 Iwas about ten and my cousin had VH on 8 track--God im'old--
      any way i was hooked and all i ever wanted to be in life was Dave or Ed. FUCK YOU ROY!!

Comment

definitly backed in but in no way hate the original stuff...first exposure to VH was F.U.C.K. probably one of the reasons i like the disc so much. its not true that all sam era fans are anti dlr era

Comment

A TREND; ALMOST ALWAYS THE SAME

I went to the links a couple of times until I realized it was a Hagar worshipping board. One of the things I remember was one day someone asked what everyone's ages were. Most of the people did respond. A BUNCH OF KIDS IN THEIR EARLY 20's seemed to be the over-riding demographic. In other words, they were TOO YOUNG TO HAVE SEEN THE REAL VAN HALEN. I've noticed this trend over and over again. Kids who weren't there and were introduced to VH on 5150 or even worse 0U812 (terrible album). They have no clue. If they had seen the real VH it woudn't even be an issue. As for the ones who were there and actually prefer Hagar, all I can say is I feel sorry for you. You are truly lost in pop/corporate rock hell.
          DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Comment

i think the links have been forced to become more pro sammy in recent months. when i first went there it was pretty even but with the sam bashing it became you have to defend him more and it just sort of stayed that way. even here i feel like i defend sam more than anything else just because everything is so anti-sam. there is no real place for VH fans...you are either sam or dlr, there is no inbetween in many eyes which is kinda dumb...and yes im in that early 20 demographic...there isn't anything wrong with that you old bastard

Comment

From the first time I heard "RWTD" back in 78' when my cousins brought the disk to my house. I have hated van halen since 86'(except
              96) when they brought the fuckin cheesehead in.....................
              Long LIVE CLASSIC VAN FUCKIN HALEN!

Comment

Originally posted by EmpyreLounge44
                you old bastard [/B]
                lol-- hell I gave the first 2 sam albums a listen, 5150 is the only decent album they have done. 0u812 ended it for me.... they just pale in comparison to the original line-up.
                Last edited by Carmine; 07-28-2004, 12:40 PM.

Comment

yeah i like 5150 a lot but dont really like ou182 or balance, although i think Dont tell me is a great song

Comment

what about:
                    F...eta
                    U...nblended
                    C...heddar
                    K...ashcavel

Comment

My 1st exposure was the day after VH I was released in Feb 78 and our bass player showed up at the studio I was working at in Sausalito, Ca. with the record. We had heard rumor in Northern Ca of a kid named Eddie down South that was making a lot of noise with his guitar playing... we were blown away by it.
                      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

EMPYRELOUNGE

LIKE I SAID, KID IN HIS EARLY 20'S WHO WASN'T THERE AND HAS NO CLUE. END OF STORY.
                        DLR/VH IS JUST BETTER

Comment

Thetruthbaby - your just jealous of my youth

Comment

I remember the first time i heard vh like it was yesterday. I was
                            19 years old in 1978 and our local rock station starts talking
                            about some band from southern cal hitting the big time with
                            a new album and then he played "eruption" and "you really got me".
                            my friends and i just about shit and went on a hunt for an album
                            called van halen that same day. Original VH since day one, baby;
                            check your van haggis at the dumpster.

Comment

Will never be able to fathom how anyone, even if they weren't old enough to catch the classic lineup live the first time around, could think that Van Hagar even stacked up to the classic version after listening to both.
                              Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...
                              X