X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ODShowtime
    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Sounds like Kerry is a Van Hagar fan

They were playing Dreams after his big speech. Dreams is probably one of the best hagar songs but still, that's funny. When Kerry said he would listen to science in relation to stem cell research he had me. I am sure he is the right choice now. Why the hell would you vote for someone who wants to stimy scientific research because of vaguely religious bullshit?

Also, dissing the Saudis was cool too.

He's coming to my hometown tomorrow. Might have to check him out before some happy hour fun.
    gnaw on it
  • Ally_Kat
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Jan 2004

Re: Sounds like Kerry is a Van Hagar fan

Originally posted by ODShowtime
    When Kerry said he would listen to science in relation to stem cell research he had me. I am sure he is the right choice now. Why the hell would you vote for someone who wants to stimy scientific research because of vaguely religious bullshit?
    I laughed at that. He's so for family values, but creating life to kill it inorder to obtain stem cells is all okay.

My family's values say that when life is created, it's allowed to develop
    Roth Army Militia

Comment

• clod speeney
      Full On Cocktard
      • Jan 2004

The fact that Kerry played "Dreams" proves that he is going to lose. Dreams is perhaps the second gayest tune post-ROTH.

How could you vote for a guy who listens to Van Hagar?

Kerry couldn't of played a Roth-era tune because Roth is all about style and personality and Kerry has neither.

You Roth liberals must be soooooooooooo disappointed.
      The jellies kicked out the jams...

Comment

• Bob_R
        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Hey, "'Dancin' In the Street" is playing now. But, not the VH version.
        Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by clod speeney

You Roth liberals must be soooooooooooo disappointed.
          Disappointed wasn't the word for it.

Here's my thoughts on the subject, as it happenned.

But Junior just got his ASS handed to him anyway
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Big Train
            Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

Junior just got his ass handed a four year ticket to ride.

Comment

• ODShowtime
              ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Re: Re: Sounds like Kerry is a Van Hagar fan

Originally posted by Ally_Kat
              I laughed at that. He's so for family values, but creating life to kill it inorder to obtain stem cells is all okay.

My family's values say that when life is created, it's allowed to develop
              Individual cells are the building blocks of life, not life itself, although we could debate the definition of life. I guess that is the root of this debate.

I am not greatly informed of the mechanics of stem cell work, but I am pretty sure one of the first goals is to be able to generate them without the need for fetuses at all. But the course of humanity is to continue progress. Bush wants to go backwards. Who else thinks that way? Oh yeah, our arch enemies the Wahhabanists, that's who!

Think of the moral concerns that must have come with the first heart transplants. Now how many lives are saved from that every year?

And the hagar song is just for symbolism, and it was pretty good symbolism at that. I doubt Kerry has the time or the inclination to give a shit who's fronting Van Halen right now. Get a grip people!

Talking about helping the poor scares me because I plan on becoming a lot less poor in the near future, but seriously, if you support Bush, you must be practicing double-think. There is no way a rational, sane, well informed person will vote for that maniac. You would have to put on blinders.

Bring it on people, it's Friday and my boss is out for the day...
              gnaw on it

Comment

• John Ashcroft
                Veteran
                • Jan 2004

Heh heh heh...

That was pretty funny.

Comment

• wraytw

Re: Re: Re: Sounds like Kerry is a Van Hagar fan

but seriously, if you support Bush, you must be practicing double-think. There is no way a rational, sane, well informed person will vote for that maniac. You would have to put on blinders.
                  Irony is a great thing.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                    ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Wow, there's some healthy debate...
                    gnaw on it

Comment

• wraytw

Wow, there's some healthy debate...
                      Yeah, we all know that trying to pigeonhole a whole group of voters is such healthy debate.

Comment

• ODShowtime
                        ROCKSTAR

• Jun 2004

Originally posted by wraytw
                        Yeah, we all know that trying to pigeonhole a whole group of voters is such healthy debate.
                        Well then, tell me why you would vote for Bush. Why is he better? These one sentence answers are getting us nowhere. I am willing to read rational reasons why anyone would vote for Bush. I'm sayin', I'm bored today. Come on people.
                        gnaw on it

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

I'm voting for Bush because I think he deserves another four years.

What major legislation has Kerry's name been on in the last nineteen years?

::crickets chirping::

Comment

• wraytw

Well then, tell me why you would vote for Bush. Why is he better? These one sentence answers are getting us nowhere. I am willing to read rational reasons why anyone would vote for Bush. I'm sayin', I'm bored today. Come on people.
                            I will vote for Bush because I agree with the majority of his political views/stances and I like the way he has ran the country. I think that is self-explanatory. The only mainstream issues that I don't fully agree with him on are education and immigration. I don't totally differ with him on education, but much more needs to be done, IMO. Although, I think his immigration policies flat-out suck.

If you really need me to, I can go in depth about all of this, but I really don't see the point of wasting the time to type out something that's so obvious.
                            Last edited by wraytw; 07-30-2004, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

Hmmm...

Eight votes for Bush in this thread alone...

Bush '04

Comment

Working...