The reason why Bush is such a failure:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The reason why Bush is such a failure:

I invite anyone to argue any of the points listed in this op/ed peice by Richard Reeves. I thought it was a great read myself.

I think his best point is how Bush showed the world how weak our military really is without the support of diplomacy and our allies.

Also, again, I agree 100% that trying to mess with the Constitution to attack gays is deplorable. But that's why I am voting against this asshole!
    gnaw on it

Again I cant' wait until the day after the election to come here and see you fucking people snivvle and cry.

Comment

Originally posted by JCOOK
      Again I cant' wait until the day after the election to come here and see you fucking people snivvle and cry.
      Yeah, that'd be great to see me cry because I am mortally terrified that my way of life is about to be over.

Maybe we can sing some fucking songs then!
      gnaw on it

Comment

did you see all those unemployed, uninformed,
        out of touch with mainstream society democrat
        demonstrators in the streets of nyc the other day?

you don't see that kind of wasted time from the
        republicans because they have jobs, families and
        homes to attend to.

Comment

BWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!

Comment

Originally posted by fanofdave

Unemployed?? And what, exactly do you base that on? It WAS a Sunday, wasn't it?

And people do take vacations.

As for "uniformed", nothing could be further from the truth. These people ARE informed. That's why they will not tolerate 4 more years of the Bush Criminal Empire destroying this nation.

And since when is freedom of speech not "mainstream"? Who decides what "mainstream" is anyway?

FAUX news?? Mush Limpdick? Anndrew Coulter?

Hey, there's an idea. Why don't we let a lunatic shemale who thinks Joseph McCarthy was a HERO decide what is "mainstream"?
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

See, when you 'pubs post some bullshit, I at least attempt to answer back in an intelligent way. So far you guys are just demonstrating your own stupidity.

Did you even read the article?
              gnaw on it

Comment

Originally posted by FORD
                As for "uniformed", nothing could be further from the truth. These people ARE informed.
                Roth Army Militia

Comment

Originally posted by fanofdave

you don't see that kind of wasted time from the
                  republicans because they have jobs, families and
                  homes to attend to.
                  How myopic

Perhaps another way to look at it might be,

Did you see all of those commited, caring, democrats who were able, by hard work, to afford the time to exercise their civil rights?

Good thing they took advantage of the Clinton Years and now can afford to take time away from their businesses.

You dont see that kind of wasted time with Rebulicans unless a bunch of rednecks are making 400 consecutive left turns while drinkig Bud

Actually, I haven't seen such demonstrations since Team Shrub had to RUN to their inauguration
                  Originally posted by Kristy
                  Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                  Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                    See, when you 'pubs post some bullshit, I at least attempt to answer back in an intelligent way. So far you guys are just demonstrating your own stupidity.

Did you even read the article?
                    I stopped after the second point. Unless Mr. Reeves is living in a different world than me, Americans have been divided before on many issues and world leaders have been divided before on many issues. How he states it in his article, he makes it seem as if there was world peace before President Bush came along. I've read about Vietnam protests that were far worse than what the crowds of teenagers holding their signs are doing here. Hell, the LA riots were worse.

America has made other actions with France and Germany since the disagreement. Chiraq has even said recently that opinions on how the two countries are getting along are misconstrued in the press. Anti-American? Yea, there are anti-American feelings around, but they are not anything new.
                    Roth Army Militia

Comment

Originally posted by FORD
                      "uniformed"

You mean uninformed ??

uhh huhuhu hu huh uh hu hu

Comment

Originally posted by ODShowtime
                        Let the Repubs share their own stupidity at their own private little functions:
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS
                          You mean uninformed ??

uhh huhuhu hu huh uh hu hu
                          You mean they all weren't wearing red suits?
                          Eternally Under the Authority of Satan

Originally posted by Sockfucker
                          I've been in several mental institutions but not in Bakersfield.

Comment

THE REAL ISSUE: BUSH IS INCOMPETENT

Sat Aug 28, 3:22 PM ET Add Op/Ed - Richard Reeves to My Yahoo!

By Richard Reeves

NEW YORK -- President Bush (news - web sites) is coming to town. You better watch out, you better not shout -- unless you're a certified delegate inside Madison Square Garden. With protesters somewhere out of sight, the Republican National Convention will be a celebration of the ideology, values and interests served by this second Bush presidency

Whether you agree or disagree with the words pouring from the podium over Americans who see reflections of themselves in George W. Bush, the real issue of this election will not be mentioned. The core issue is this: Our president is incompetent. He is not a good president.

Let me count the ways:

(1) He has divided the country; we are all part of a vicious little hissing match. We were united and humbled on Sept. 12, 2001. We are divided and humiliated now, telling lies about each other.

(2) He has divided the world. "We are all Americans now," headlined Le Monde on that Sept. 12. Now there are days when it seems as if they are all anti-Americans.

(3) He is leaving no child or grandchild without debt. He has taken the government from surplus into deficit in the name of national security and increased private investment. We can pay the debt in two ways: with more government revenues (taxation) or by borrowing -- against the sweat and income of new generations. The president has chosen to borrow.

(4) He campaigns as a champion of smaller government, but is greatly increasing the size and role of government. Ideological conservatism, it turns out, costs just as much or more than ideological liberalism. Conservative and liberal politicians are both for increasing the reach and power of government. The difference between them is which parts and functions of the state are to be empowered and financed. The choice is between military measures and order, or more redistribution of income. Money is power.

(5) He is diminishing the military of which he is so proud now as commander in chief. The invasion and occupation of Iraq (news - web sites) have obviously not worked out the way he imagined -- naked torture was not the goal. But the far greater problem for the future is that our proud commander has revealed the hollowness behind the unilateral superpower. From the top down, we have not been able to win Iraq, much less the world. And going into Iraq has compromised or crippled the war on terror he declared himself.

(6) He is diminishing scientific progress, the great engine of the 20th century. Only the truly ignorant can believe that the proper role of government is to hinder medical research and environmental study in the name of God.

(7) He is diminishing the Constitution of the United States. Cheesy tricks like amending the great text of freedom to attack homosexuality can be dismissed as wedge politics. But it is worse to preach against an activist judiciary while appointing more activist judges who happen to hold different beliefs, particularly the idea that civil liberties are the enemies of patriotism, security and freedom itself.

(8) He has surrounded himself with other incompetents. The secretary of state is presiding over the rape of diplomacy and its alliances. The secretary of defense has sent our young men and women into situations they were never meant or trained to handle, and now they are being ordered into battle by an appointed minister in a faraway land. The national security adviser does not seem to know that her job description includes coordinating defense and diplomacy. And then there was our $340,000-a-month local hire, Ahmed Chalabi, sitting in the gallery of our House.

(9) He has been unable or unwilling to deal with declining employment and the rising medical costs of becoming an older nation.

(10) He is, as if by design, destroying the credibility of the United States as a force for peace in the world -- an honest broker -- particularly in the Middle East.

The list is longer, miscalculation after miscalculation. President Bush has not been able to function effectively at this pay grade. He may mean well, but this has been a difficult time, and he is in over his head. We and our kids will pay the price for his blundering, blunderbuss adventure in Washington. He has been tested in a difficult time -- and, unhappily for all of us and the world, he has not been up to the job.

Comment

That was a great read...I think Janeane Garafalo said it best when she said "The fact IS that at this point a vote for Bush is a CHARACTER FLAW---you're either stupid or in denial " if you vote for the clown that's ruining this country. And don't get me started on the whole free speech issue, or that fact that this ass thinks God is talking to him. Anybody see the purple heart band-aids they're passing out at the RNC? Like that diminishes the fact that Kerry actually WENT to 'Nam, actually GOT shot at....and W. was off hiding somewhere on a fucking bender....what a piece of shit.
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

Working...
                              X